Rainbow Marrakech Hostel
$233
$217
$1,058
$1,016
All reviewsmint teathoroughly enjoyed my stayshower and toiletbook excursionsfour nightstrain stationpleasant stayroof terracesquaretortoiseshassanterrashostsriadelbustlehammam
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Other than the great location of this hostel I don't have much else positive to stay about it. This was probably the worst hostel experience of my travels EVER! Goes by the name of Rainbow Marrakech now I believe. The manager was so rude and unwelcoming. When we arrived I am certain he was drunk and perhaps even high. We felt very uncomfortable. The check in process was shambles and our booking hadn't been processed on their end although I had all the info so we were able to manage it. He did try to charge us for our deposit also which was already charged through the website. Lucky we noticed this. From there our stay was no better. There are not enough bathrooms for the amount of people crammed into this hostel. Toilet paper was constantly empty. Barely any power points. Not very much security for your possessions except for a few lockers in the hallway on the second which there are definitely not enough of for the amount of people staying there. It was raining and the hostel flooded as there is no actual roof above the common room. We also were hanging out on the rooftop common area one night and were kicked off as they rented this area to some other travellers who were sleeping on the couches. With the flooded common room this left no where we could spend time relaxing The breakfast was OK except we were shooed off once we had finished eating in a very rude manor by the manager as there is not enough space there for everyone to eat. I will mention the other guys working at the hostel are lovely and so helpful. Just the main manager who is the problem. Would never recommend staying here. We spoke to many other travellers who had a great experience at equity point hostel

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

This hostel is in a good location but unfortunately that is where the positives end. The guy at check-in was rude and unhelpful at every turn during our 3 day stay. I would not recommend this place at all, especially after our friends had such a good experience at Equity Point.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed April 4, 2013

very well situated. price/quality:good. Wi-Fi in the lobby.They give you the pass. very near the mythic Place Jemaa El Fna, Marrakech, with it's never end ind night life and food tends. , Marrakech its the NYC of Western Africa. it really never sleeps. Place Jemaa El Fna it's a must go. and i advise tend number 22. they are abs great people there. its works like this: there's food "all over your eyes", and you chose a bit of this, a bit of that (chose bread), and you will be amazed with the flavors. Price: we where about 20 in a table, drink, eat all we want, a lot i tell you. (don't pay the immediate price they give, bargain) and we pay 150 dinares (15 euros each.)
There's a lot of commerce, the medina of Marrakech it's there. But, i would adise not to buy there. Does not have quality and prices are not cheap compare to other places, like Essouira. but if you must, then bargain hard.

Cheers
A

Room Tip: Choose a hight located room top floors, for example. Marrakech does not sleep, like you do on vacations. ;-)
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Augusto C
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed here with my mate for like four nights. It has such a great communal feel.The location is great, close to the main square but tucked away down a nice side street. There is an unlimited supply of free tea and delicious bread. The staff will bend over backwards to accommodate you here. One night we arrived back at 4am from clubbing and they let us in without the smallest hint of annoyance. They also cleaned up my vom when I was sick and cared for me. Definitely worth a visit and a stay if you want a home away from home in Marrakech, if you want to meet people. Ask for Mohammed he is a mad dog.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank killavanilla69
Reviewed April 8, 2012

This Riad is tucked into a small side street only 1 minute walk from the main plaza Jamaa el Fna. The guys that run the place are fantastic and super helpful. They arranged taxis, showed us where to eat (walking us to the restaurant), and always had tea ready for us whenever we wanted.

Breakfast was included and the price was very reasonable.

Plus the small pet turtles that live on the roof were a huge hit with my kids. We stayed a total of 4 nights spread out on two occasions and I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a hostal in the Medina of Marrakech.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family