“There is something missing at this hotel.”
Review of Cesar Resort & Spa

Cesar Resort & Spa
Ranked #230 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
Norfolk England
“There is something missing at this hotel.”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for a week. I have to say the building,corridors and our room was spotlessly clean.I think the thing missing from this hotel is atmosphere. There was none! the staff where polite and friendly and helped when ever you asked for it.
The breakfast was disappointing we didnt go hungrey. They didnt top things up you always had to ask for thinks .The fruit bowl was never topped up and if you didnt get in at 0800 you wouldnt get a flavoured yoghurt. We took our own bananas in every morning because despite them being for sale everywhere in the city they where never provided. I noticed that the staff were eating more than the guests they would come into the room and get a plate and help themselves and then go into the kitchen with the plate. The worst case was on Tuesday morning of our stay and a male staff member came in got a plate added this chicken in a cream sauce on his plate then lifted the lid of the sausages and used his hand to put them on his plate. Needless to say we didnt eat hot food from then on. We only ate one evening meal in the hotel on the first night. Whilst being very tasty the potions where small and it was expensive compaired to places in the City.
There was only cornflakes which where so pale they looked ill! It was better when the female waitresses where on duty they at least looked busy, as the men just stood near the kitchen door and watched you like animals feeding time at the zoo!
The room was large and very clean (Junior suite) we had room 19 which had a store nearby so the noise was an issue in the morning. The corridors where very cold dark and noisey. The patio door lock was broken on our arrival a maintainance guy attended straight away and made a repair which then broke again after I had locked it. I gave up asking and found the opposite door lock was also broken.
Would I go back to this hotel ? No I wouldnt and I wouldnt recommend it. As mentioned by other reviews there is a managment issue here no ones knows what they are doing except the cleaners who do a very good job. Mr manager perhaps you should buy your cleaning staff a vaccum cleaner to prevent those poor ladies having to brush all that carpet on their knee's by hand!
I wouls agree with other reviews this is not a five star hotel 3.5 maybe.

1 Thank coljul
cesarspa, Directeur général at Cesar Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 29, 2014
Dear Valuable Customer,

Thank you very much for your stay at Cesar Resort & Spa and your feedback on Tripadvisor. We are very sorry to read that you had unpleasant experience.

We wish to inform you that from the 15th December 2014 a British management team has taken over. We are reviewing all the customers comments and we are working on the necessary changes to meet your expectations and provide the high quality service we are known for.

We hope to see you again soon in Cesar Resort & Spa.

Best Regards

HESHAM KHALIFFA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Arrived on a night flight at the end of September. We were greeted by the warmth of a lovely Moroccan evening. Having bartered with the taxi driver we eventually paid 200 dirhams to the hotel.
After a short taxi ride we arrived at the hotel to be greeted by very friendly staff. Check in was swift and we were shown to our room in the far left hand corner by the pool. Once there, a wonderful complimentary cocktail arrived for us.
The room was very spacious and stylish. The bed is huge and extremely comfortable. Marble floors and air conditioning was a delight to be greeted with after a hot day by the pool. Free water and nespresso as well as the little free amenities in the bathroom!
The design of the hotel is in our opinion beautiful, huge comfortable sun loungers spread around a pool & an upstairs sky bar that is great to catch the late afternoon sun. Food is nice but a little expensive, the cocktails are amazing and must be tried. Ashamed to say that we only ventured out to the supermarket & on one occasion to the medina, so can't advise on things to do around Marrakech. The hotel was that nice we didn't want to leave!
Would like to thank the staff of this great hotel for doing everything possible to make our stay as wonderful as it was.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Phil K
London
Reviewed November 25, 2013

had a wonderful time, service was great and staff were wonderful, room was superb (we went for a suite, worth the extra cost). The hotel set dinner on Fri/Sat was great

Only down sides was the lunch food was a tad overpriced, I had a facial which wasnt the best (although I did complain and they compensated us right away) - we also had a joint massage and Hamman which were both superb,

Lastly, if you do a trek to the Atlas mountains (we recommend), make sure you wear decent shoes (we were not prepared for the hike to the waterfall at the end of the trip)

Vevey, Switzerland
Reviewed November 16, 2013

This is not a 5 stars hotel, possibly 3.5 stars, if not less. Though it is recently built, too much was invested in design (very dark to my taste) rather in the quality of management which is poor. Transportation from the airport was late and expansive. Food in the hotel is less than mediocre, costly for sure. Portions are small. No light at the table, you have to guess what you eat. Wi Fi doesn't work most of the time.Breakfast is served half an hour after schedule and variety is very limited. the rate is way too high for the quality and as compared to other hotels in the area. The hotel is far from the touristic attractions (7 Euros for a taxi one way) and does not offer shuttle service. we booked for 6 nights but left after 2. We paid an exaggerated 176 Euros per night rate and moved to a much better and cheaper hotel next by.

3 Thank miani02
Dear Valuable Customer,

We hope to see you again soon in Cesar Resort & Spa.

Best Regards

HESHAM KHALIFFA
Tonsberg
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

The pickup and transfer from the airport arranged by the hotel was smooth and problem free.. So was check in..
We've simply loved our stay at the Cesar. The room was spacious and clean. Beds, fantastic. I've stayed in really good hotels in the Middle East and the Mediterranean before with crappy beds, but here I had no complaints at all.
The hotel beautiful too in a modernised version of Moroccan building and design. Food in the restaurant was good, breakfast somewhat lacking of finesse but sufficient. Swimming pools unheated so a bit cold in November, but being Scandinavian, we managed a swim anyway.
The location is close to the airport (10 min by car) and so is downtown Marrakech, both new and old part.
This place is highly recommended on Trip Advisor and the Cesar definitely deserves it.
(The wifi needs an upgrade though... Keeps going on and off...)

Stayed November 2013
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Before I went to Marrakech I read many reviews on this hotel and the local area. The main issues were: the length of time you should be there, the amount of theft and what to wear.
To be honest I was nervous. I had NO reason to be.

The Hotel – I will go into depth in a moment but I a nut shell – FANTASTIC.
Time away – we were there 10 days and loved each one. In all fairness the activities there are to do could all be completed in 3 or 4 days but it would be a packed schedule!
Rudeness. – Not an ounce. Personally I think it would take a lot and rudeness on the customer’s side to provoke anything. The staff were all amazing and could not do enough to help.
Theft - Nothing was stolen at anytime.
Clothing – I covered up, but more than 50% of the tourist did not. Although it is not an Islamic state I can’t help but feel we were not hassled as much as others because we were respectful to the cities culture. I had my shoulders covered and wore long skirts – I was very comfortable. (Inside the hotel you can wear anything)

I will be going back – same area, same hotel.

We flew in on Monday 7th October and after pulling up outside the “Cesar Resort & Spa” you can help but let the butterflies jump. The door man opened the door and we were welcomed by such smiling and happy staff. We were each presented with a complimentary drink - seriously delicious. Unfortunately we had got an early flight and could not check into our room until 3pm but were told we could use any of the facilities we wanted and could change should we wish. They kept our bags safe. We ended up on the sun loungers by the Sky bar – talk about HOT!

After a fantastic lunch we went to our room (number 21.) We were shown around and told that the 2 bottles of water on the side were free for us to have, the rest was to be charged to the room should we use it.

The next day we asked at reception for a tour guide around Marrakech. We got Abdul - what a man! You must ask for him. He really made our holiday (we even called him on our last day to go back into Marrakech!) We will be keeping in contact with him!!! As soon as we were in the car, Barry white was on and he was away signing, dancing and making us laugh all the way to the Majorelle Gardens (very beautiful.) After this we went to the Medina. We felt very safe and very grateful to have Abdul with us on our first trip in – the whole day we were not hassled once.

TIP1: the Mint tea they drink is very nice but not so good with out sugar – we found this out the hard way.

Tip 2: always ask for the price first

We booked all of our days out thought the reception of hotel- ALL fantastic – we went camel ridding, had a tour guide and went the Atlas Mountains. Also I got good information on the spar treatments - Ladies if you’re going to have a Hammam do so on the first day or so – it preps your skin for a good tan… but it is a hard scrub!

The Hotel is very clean- you can see it being done every morning. I would like to mention how the cleaners for the rooms do a fantastic job. The receptionists we dealt with were simply a pleasure. Any questions, anything we needed and every time they saw us would say hello and ask how we were.
All in all if you are looking for an amazing holiday – go to this Hotel. It is a perfect 5-10 min taxi drive to the centre of Marrakech while keeping you far enough away to relax and enjoy in peace.

We would like to say a very big thank you to everyone at Cesar for making our holiday simply amazing =)

Room Tip: We read in other reviews about room 16 - it is simply on the ground floor by the pool - not too much...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kelloggs3
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 25, 2013

To start check in was pretty easy, just fill out a form whilst sipping my free cocktail - great start!

The room was really nice, no problems with this at all. The bed was huge and really comfy, we were in the room one away from the bar but this was no issue. Noise was never a problem but I don't this the hotel was busy.

The food was really nice, maybe a little pricey but worth it I think. The cocktails were really good and the bar staff were superb.

On a whole the only issue I had was in the spa, we were given a free Haman (free so can't moan too much) but not told we needed to book. On the 2nd to last day we went to the spa to be told we had to book, we were not told this before but fair enough it made sense, so we booked for the next (last) day. The next day we were informed there was a wedding and they were too busy to do it but when we said we had booked they were ok to do it but I think the Haman was rushed.

Overall no real problems in fact we both left very happy that we chose this hotel.

A few tips -

- Carrefore supermarket is walkable so get water from there (its cheap) and store in the fridge in your room (I got a few Casablanca beers too)

- Taxis are easy to get from just outside the hotel just start walking up the pavement next to the road and one will stop. Always agree the price first.

- Try not to get lost in Kasbah area on the first day (we did and it cost us 100 dihrams to get a guide to show us out)

- Go on the hot air balloon ride it was the best thing I every did (check Marrakesh by air website)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple