“Great value, great staff”
Review of Cesar Resort & Spa

Cesar Resort & Spa
Ranked #224 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed October 25, 2013

To start check in was pretty easy, just fill out a form whilst sipping my free cocktail - great start!

The room was really nice, no problems with this at all. The bed was huge and really comfy, we were in the room one away from the bar but this was no issue. Noise was never a problem but I don't this the hotel was busy.

The food was really nice, maybe a little pricey but worth it I think. The cocktails were really good and the bar staff were superb.

On a whole the only issue I had was in the spa, we were given a free Haman (free so can't moan too much) but not told we needed to book. On the 2nd to last day we went to the spa to be told we had to book, we were not told this before but fair enough it made sense, so we booked for the next (last) day. The next day we were informed there was a wedding and they were too busy to do it but when we said we had booked they were ok to do it but I think the Haman was rushed.

Overall no real problems in fact we both left very happy that we chose this hotel.

A few tips -

- Carrefore supermarket is walkable so get water from there (its cheap) and store in the fridge in your room (I got a few Casablanca beers too)

- Taxis are easy to get from just outside the hotel just start walking up the pavement next to the road and one will stop. Always agree the price first.

- Try not to get lost in Kasbah area on the first day (we did and it cost us 100 dihrams to get a guide to show us out)

- Go on the hot air balloon ride it was the best thing I every did (check Marrakesh by air website)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mark A
There are newer reviews for Cesar Resort & Spa

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Modern resort with very good facilities. We stayed in junior suite which is much bigger comparing to standard rooms, so I would recommend to stay in this one for little extra premium. Room is clean with comfy bed, big bathroom ( good amenities ) and massive lcd tv. Staff in hotel were nice and helpful.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter M
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Spent two nights as part of our 'Mini-Moon' with my husband following the insanity of organising our wedding. This was an absolute perfect choice! As other reviews say, the hotel is small, but perfectly formed! The spa and facilities are great (including the bars and food), and the staff are absolutely tremendous! There's a supermarket virtually next door (in a nice shopping centre) so easy to get any essentials you may have left behind!

We would definitely say this is a hotel for Adults!

Will be returning, without a doubt!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sobio2
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Fantastic base to view Marrakech from. Suites were excellent and clean. The hotel is small but has a lovely feel to it, very relaxed atmosphere. Staff were so friendly, my French is very basic an Arabic is nil, however reception staff spoke excellent English, and most of the staff spoke enough English to understand what your requirements were. Chef at breakfast made great omelettes, breakfast is basic but enough to surffice. Excellent bar menu would highly recommend the calamari fantastic, also the burgers. Yessin who works in the upper bar was a real asset to the hotel very friendly and helpful and worked very hard to accommodate your needs. On the whole all the staff were great, many thanks for making our stay so relaxing. We walked to the medina and back about 30 - 40 mins I enjoyed the walk and loved seeing the unusually things that were carried on the back of a moped eg washing machine lol !!! Marrakech wasn't my choice for a holiday but what an interesting pleasant surprise. Yes there is poverty and you get a little hassle but non mercy and a smile seemed to be enough to stop the hassle, on the whole a great cultural experience and thumbs up to Cesar resort Massage in the spa great thank you. My one tip is treat people how you would like to be treated thank you and a tip does help after all how lucky are we in comparison to some less fortunate :-)

Room Tip: Suites are fab, no fitness facilities in this resort, walk to the medina should help
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Steph123_13
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

It was our first time to Marrakesh and I called a few places, I was instantly impressed with Nadia who was kind, helpful, polite and considerate with my requests and many questions. I emailed my requirements and got a reply in under 5 minutes. It was a special weekend for me and my partner and when we arrived it took our breath away.

There were rose petals leading to the bed as so as we entered our room and petals in the shape of a large heart on the bed. Petals were also in the bath with candles to heighten the romantic atmosphere.

Thorough out out stay nothing was too much trouble for all of the friendly staff. Nadia helped us with places to visit and also advised us on how much we should pay in cabs for each.

We used the spa and the 3 pools the hotel has each day and booked treatments each day. This included while body massage, facials and manicures. All were done by well trained and professional staff and they often went over the time we had paid for.

Katija the front desk manager was also so kind and helpful to us.

In summary we felt so at ease and at home here and would recommend it to anyone planning on a trip to Marrakech.

2  Thank Waz A
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights in September and were so pleasantly surprised at how great this boutique style hotel is. We did have some concerns having read previous comments but these proved unfounded. The rooms are fab! Large, airy, very comfortable and really well appointed. The main pool is lovely (although you have to swap sides midday to take advantage of the sun and avoid the shadows). Yes the food and drinks are pricey, however very similar to everywhere else we visited in Marrakech so nothing more than expected. And all the food and cocktails are great! The staff are lovely and helpful and the Hammams are brill x thanks to all! We will come back soon :)

1  Thank VTP1
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I had a great time at the hotel. The staff are very attentive and the rooms are great. The beds are very comfortable and the place is spotlessky clean. There was also no problem bringing in own snacks to enjoy around the pool. A great place to stay and relax in a very busy city.

1  Thank Vivian C