We stayed here as part of a tour package put together by Specialist Morocco. It was apparent very quickly that there had been some issues and, unfortunately, we did not read the latest reviews on the review web sites before booking. Our comments as follows:
1. If I was a woman on my own I would have been concerned at the location of the Riad, particularly as the lighting was very poor around the alleyways you had to walk down at night.
2. The lighting above the door was not working and the entrance was not very enticing.
3. On the first night, there was no remote control for the heater and therefore the room was very cold and we had to ask for another blanket.
4. There was no hot water on the first evening and the hot water was very intermittent throughout our stay – we understand this is being addressed.
5. The bedside lamp was, I believe, in a dangerous state – the light went off when you touched the power lead – it made me very nervous so I kept it switched off.
6. The shower was very poor (that’s when you actually had hot water)
7. The breakfast area was unsatisfactory, eating breakfast on low occasional tables in the bar area was not ideal
8. There was a television in the room but no power cable connection, which rendered this useless
On the positive side, Todd, who I believe was brought in as a result of the problems that had been occurring over previous weeks, was very helpful and was obviously ‘fire fighting’, trying to resolve issues that he had inherited from the previous staff. He made great efforts to address the issues we raised with him, including the intermittent wi-fi connection, finding the remote for the heating, obtaining another blanket (without which we would have been VERY cold) and working hard to resolve the hot water problems. I think if it had not been for his efforts and the girls who cooked, cleaned and served us, who were very polite and incredibly helpful, our stay here would have been disastrous and we would have checked out without a doubt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful refurbished first category guesthouse hotel in heart of Marrakech medina with large dipping pool and tropical roof garden. English-Dutch owned and locally managed. Riad Africa is very centrally located in a safe and peaceful residential neighbourhood in the Riad Zitoun Lakdim area of the Medina. Riad Africa has 16 spacious bedrooms and suites themed after Africa's most evocative and fabled destinations. Each room is equipped with air-conditioning, iPod docks, bath robes/slippers, a hair-dryer and personal safe. High speed wireless internet access is available throughout the riad. Guests can cool off in and relax around one of the largest plunge pools in the medina. A tranquil palm-filled courtyard, a comfortable dining room/salon, a massage room, heated plunge pool, juice bar and private roof garden/terrace offer a choice of public areas in which to unwind. A range of health and beauty treatments are available including a massage/treatment room and nearby hammam. Offering easy access (just a 2 minute walk from the taxi stand and bank) it takes just 5 minutes to walk to the bustling Djemaa el Fna square along the popular/easy to navigate Riad Zitoun Lakdim street. An excellent choice of local restaurants, cafes and shops is located within a 5 minute radius on foot, including the highly rated and atmospheric Kosybar. Other attractions located close by the riad include the Mellah, Kasbah and Dar Si Said Museum. Popular with couples, groups of friends and families with older children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, HostelWorld, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Riad Africa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.