“Personalised Riad Service in the heart of Marrakesh”
Review of Riad Dar White

and 1 more site!
Riad Dar White
Ranked #520 of 1,165 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Wonderful Riad which is a blissful retreat from the stress and craziness of the main square and the market. Only 4 rooms so completely personalised service - extremely helpful staff. Delicious breakfast which was served early to accomodate our early departure. Very clean and nicely appointed rooms - extremely comfortable bed. Lovely roof terrace with jacuzzi. A short walk (5-10mins) to the main square and close to the Kasbah Mosque. Highly Recommended.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 7, 2012

We have jusr returned from a trip to Marrakech where we stayed at Riad Dar White, this is a sister hotel to Dar One which is rated 7th of all Riads in Marrakech.
Jean Peres the owner has done it again with Dar White creating a beautiful small Riad within the walls of Marrakech, everything from the decor, cleanlimess and service of trhe staff especially Hicham and Kamal was second to none.
They made it a very welcoming and comfortable Riad to stay in and made the trip into a memorable one.
Highly. highly recommended.

Betty and Ronnie Marks
Manchester UK

Room Tip: All rooms A1
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2012

We had been in this riad a week ago and the experience was absolutely nice. Personal was very hepful like the owner Jean. He booked a rental car for us and also he offer his help to arrange a problem with a credit card we had the night before in a restaurant.

Is a modern riad and very new. Rooms are very nice decorated and breakfast is very good and served all morning along. The riad is located in the city center very closed to the El Fnaa square, actually 10 minutes or less walk.

We suggest this riad to anyone goes to Marrakesh.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 17, 2011

I feel a bit uneasy writing this review because Dar White is such an awesome place as is, and I worry how it may change when it becomes better known (and flooded with tourists, and most worryingly, stag parties).

The place is very clean, nicely designed, really well located (although very hard to find at first).
The roof is beautiful with nice views, breakfast that is included is very nice. Everything works perfectly and for a fair price.

In my particular case, I arrived to Marrakech with an onset of a bad food poisoning, and had to actually spend most of my time in bed with fevers and severe nausea. The staff was indescribably helpful. Without me having to ask, they had come to regularly check on me, brought me water, tea and whatever I needed from the pharmacy, and when I could finally eat a little bit, made me a vegetarian soup at odd hours. They were simply wonderful, and had this happened anywhere else, I would probably have to go to hospital because I simply needed assistance. However, the riad attendant handled everything perfectly and discreetly. I really hope to return there (healthy!).

P.S.:
The riad has a courtyard structure, meaning that all the rooms face the inner terraces and courtyard, which is also the living room. Therefore, the windows are just "internal". You do get enough light, but if you want to keep your windows open, keep in mind that you'll be facing the inside of a building and people can hear you.

Room Tip: Choose higher floors for more privacy.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Zuzana Z
Reviewed December 14, 2011

As long time devotees of Dar One (we've stayed there 8 times) we were incredibly excited to visit Dar White and finally discover what magic Jean had created there. We had supreme confidence that this too would be a very special haven and arrived with high expectations. Our visit took place towards the end of September, the first week that this new riad was open to guests. Following the phenomenal success of Dar One it would have been the safe and easy option for Jean to simply replicate his winning formula establishing nothing more than Dar One Junior. But that wouldn't be Jean. At the risk of sounding sycophantic, I believe it is fair to say that Monsieur Peres has an innate sense of style, enviable creative flair and an incredible eye for detail - a winning combination when it comes to designing a stunningly beautiful boutique hotel. And this is indeed what Dar White is.

In the naming of his new venture, Jean has provided a major clue as to his decorative theme. The entrance is unassuming but once the white wooden door is opened and you step inside, you are transported to paradise. The decor, furniture and fittings are modern, stylish and luxurious and although there is a predominance of white, splashes of colourful interest are provided by the soft furnishings, candles, flowers and artwork. I'm not going to make comparisons with Dar One as this is an entirely separate entity deserving of being judged on its own merits. However, I will say that both riads have extremely high standards in everything they do and have similar proximity to Djemaa el Fna and the souks. If you are able to secure a booking at either of these outstanding riads then you can consider yourself extremely lucky and can be assured of a truly memorable stay in Marrakech.

We stayed in the Mykonos room on the ground floor. We saw the other three rooms in the riad and they are all very similar so don't worry about which room you chose - they are all equally lovely. The only significant difference is that Mykonos has a shower over a large bath and Portofino, St Tropez and Ibiza have large walk in showers (without bath).

Our wonderful friend Hicham heads up the team at Dar White and is supported by the lovely Kamal and the delightful Meriam. They are all dedicated to providing exemplary service and nothing you ask for will be too much trouble. Despite not speaking any English, or I should say despite me not speaking any French, Meriam gave me some marvellous cooking lessons when we communicated using mime and found that laughter is indeed a universal language. My husband is Muslim and I am not but I can honestly say that nobody we have encountered in Marrakech on our numerous visits has ever treated me any differently from him.

Dar White translates into English as The White House. Dar White is certainly fit for a president. Thank you Jean, Hicham, Kamal and Meriam. We absolutely loved it and hopefully will be back inshallah.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2011

This is an excellent and well situated Riad in the Kasbah area which is a short 5 minutes walk to the main square. We found this area very safe and had no problems walking around late at night. There are 4 rooms which are all lovely and very very clean. It also offers an outdoor Jacuzzi facing the Atlas Mountain which we used during our stay. The decor is modern and must say that Jean has very good taste.

We wanted to stay at Dar One, but as it was fully booked we decided to stay at the Dar White and am so glad we did.

We loved our stay here and Kamal and Hisham are wonderful hosts. On our first day, Hisham very kindly helped us create our itinerary and also booked all our excursions for us. One of our excursions was a tour to the Atlas Mountain with Hassan, which included lunch with a Berber family. We highly recommend this tour as Hassan is an exceptional guide and the lunch was some of the best food Marrakesh offered us. Make sure you charge your camera as we got some excellent scenic photos.

Kamal always made sure we were comfortable and anything we wanted was arranged instantly by him. He really helped us find our way around Marrakesh and even came with us to places we were unsure of in the souks. The staff at this riad are really nice genuine people and really go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable. We enjoyed Kamal and Hisham’s company very much.

The breakfast was amazing, Meream and her colleague made some really nice dishes. We had something tasty and different on each day. Our personal favourite was the Moroccan soup...we can go as far as saying it is the best soup we have ever had. Also try the mint tea!!!!!!

I would definitely without doubt return to this riad....excellent location, clean and lovely staff. Thank you Kamal and Hisham for such a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2011

We spent two nights at Riad Dar White in November 2011. It was a fantastic experience. They made us feel very special with their attention to detail. Everything looked new and clean. Very stylishly furnished. Rooms were comfortable and calm. Breakfast was included and was delicious. Our hosts (Hisham and Kamil?) helped with making reservations and scheduling transportation whenever we needed it. Perhaps the only criticism I can think of is that there is a wood-burning fireplace in the common area on the main floor. This imparted a great campfire-like aroma to the place, and was very nice, but it was a little bit overpowering at times. I'm being nit-picky, but it would have been nice to be able to tone that down a bit.
The place really is beautiful overall, with a sort of mod-cool vibe.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family