“Good to orientate yourself”
Review of Marrakech Bus Touristique - CLOSED

Marrakech Bus Touristique
Type: Bus Tours, Tours
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We took a ride as a way to get to grips with what was where in the town. We rode two consecutive mornings on the 24 hour ticket. The best bit of the trip is that you can take some great photos without any hassle.

1  Thank dizzyb3

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Could have a bit more information on the headset audio guides. Nice for the first day to get an idea of the city.

I paid in pounds however, and am pretty sure I got ripped out with my change in Dhirams (I paid 25£ for two people for one day, and on our receipt it was 145 dhirams!! I also paid 40£ and recieved 150 Dihiram change, so I effectively paid 30£ in total for two of us!)

I would recommend going, but pay in Dhirams, and make sure you don't overpay. But a good way to have a look around the city and hop on and off

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Every time I visit a city I say I'm not going to use the tourist bus and yet I always do. As with all in the past, I have found this one a pricey and distinctly average experience. But it did give us a one trip orientation of the city beyond the Medina such as the royal palace, menorah gardens etc. Tip for the bus operator if you're reading. Sort your headphones out. Yes it's very nice for you to have lovely national coloured red and green headphones but it really is much better if they worked. It seemed most tourists when we were on the bus had duds but we were very fortunate to have a locally based Briton who acted as a tour guide for some of us as we went around the city on the bus.

1  Thank captainbeecher
Reviewed January 20, 2014

not a true HoHo experience. The routes are marked out for all the hotels in the out lying areas not historic landmarks as is the norm for these tours
Use it as a mode of transport if you are staying outside the Medina if you feel the need. We got the 48 hour ticket and made the most of it having got it, but in hindsight would just get taxis and that is what I would recommend.
The only useful stop is by Jemaa el Fna, it cant get close enough to the other sights for any real worth. This is the red route. The green route is a waste of time unless you really have time to kill and/or want to get off at Majorelle (VG)
The commentary is purely historic as you pass very little of interest to be pointed out.

1  Thank Gardengel-IoW
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We bought a 48-hour pass as it's not much more expensive than a 24-hour one and we considered it a good way to get a general overview and also a good way of getting around between the old and new town. It also offers a few good photo opportunities from the top. The oasis tour, though, is a waste of time, it only runs a few times a day, and its main purpose seems to be to drop you at Majorelle Gardens (pleasant but not really worth the money), that's where most people seem to get off, but if you want to visit you might as well save time and catch a cab there, or a horse-drawn carriage. There might be a bit of a view from the top of the bus, but if you sit at the bottom the oasis tour is as boring as can be. However, for the historic tour we'd recommend the bus, a first round without getting off and then a second one to do a bit of sightseeing, keeping in mind that the main sites are in the old town.