“MOROCCO HOLIDAY”

Dadani Destinations - Day Tours
Ranked #367 of 819 Tours in Marrakech
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a Canadian company that handles tours throughout Morocco. We have customized tours for groups both large and small and our motto is always to put our customer first! We will take you on an adventure to Marrakech, Fes, Casablanca and into the Sahara Desert. We will be your personal tour guide for your entire time in Morocco and show you the "Real Morocco" with a trip you will never forget. If you are interested in camping in the dunes and trekking through the Gorges of Ziz or seeing Morocco in luxury riads and hotels we can customize to suit your needs.Discover Morocco with us!
White Rock B.C.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“MOROCCO HOLIDAY”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Great tour with Dadani Destinations, Aziz our tour guide did a super job with the small 13 people in the group.Had an unforgetttable time, our customized tour met our needs as we only had 6 days the original tour was 10 we met up with them along the way and fit in wonderfully.We saw many beautiful sites and people.Many thanks to Aziz and our driver you did an awesome job.Hope to join you on another tour at some time.

Vancouver BC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Whirlwind Moroccan Adventure!”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

The tour I took was a 10-day survey of the key Moroccan 'hotspots' Casablanca, Fez, Sahara, Atlas Mountains, Dades Gorge, Marrakesh.

There were 15 on the tour including our driver and tour guide, and we traveled comfortably and securely in a 16-passenger coach. I can't say more about how attentive and well our driver manoeuvred the various roadways, roundabouts and interesting parking scenarios in which we found ourselves! He was fantastic. Aziz was our tour guide and tried to point things out en route between locations. Aziz' English is good and he speaks French also so communication was easy.

The accommodations which were planned for us at each stop location were very nice- many had pool facilities, all had wifi and for the most part there were hot showers :)

Meals (breakfast and dinners) were buffet at the hotels and were on the whole plentiful and fresh. Lunchtime stops were varied in price and quality. I would be inclined to stock up on some healthy-ish road snacks (bananas, granola bars, crackers etc) at one of the supermarkets ("Marjane" and "CarreFour" are 2 main ones) as well.

Sightswise, we saw a great cross-section of the country: desert, mountain, new city, old medina, mosques, markets, riads (b&b) and hotels, craftsmen, musicians, etc.

The pace was quick because we were covering so much territory but a lot of it was passive, eg: riding between destinations, and then listening to experts about various things (fossils, movie studio, mosaicwork, etc.)

The two 'active' parts of the tour were the camel ride into the desert for an overnight camp and ride out again. This you don't want to miss! The other part was a hike up to some waterfalls which was a pleasant way to stretch the legs and be outside in the shade.

Things to consider before the trip:

1. Upset stomach does happen. With this much time spent on the road, it's better safe than sorry! Take your dukoral, carry immodium and don't ignore it.

2. The country of Morocco and those you come in contact with on a tour like this survive on tips from tourist dollars. It adds up quickly over a 10-day period, so consider budgeting another ~$300 or so. Enquiring about any additional daily costs (anticipated meal costs or other appropriate donations, etc) is another way to prepare a realistic budget.

3. Morocco is okay with seeing a little skin; you can bring capris and shorts and wear sleeveless shirts. Just carry a cardigan or shawl. With the shifting climate, make sure you have a few layers. All in all, it was toasty but there were some windy times and heavy duty A/C that called for some warmer clothes.

4. There will be people selling to you. A lot. Don't panic. You are not being offensive by saying no.

5. Pay attention to where your tour starts and ends. Flying in and out of the same airport may make sense but ask what the travel time between your end location and the nearest airport is.

6. Each hotel will ask for your passport info so memorise it now!

1 Thank KateWit
Fort St. John, Canada
“Trip of a Life Time”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I booked a ten day tour from Canada to Morocco with Dadani Destinations & Tours. There were 15 people in our tour group. The tour covered Casablanca, Rabat, Fes, Erfoud, Merzouga, Dades Gorge, Ourzazate and finishing off in Marrakech. Since Dadani Destinations is a Canadian/Moroccan company all my reservations were handled with ease.
Some of my many highlights were:

1. We toured the Koutabia Mosque in Casablanca and it was unlike anything I had ever seen before.
2. In Fes, we had a day long guided tour of the Medina (15th century shopping market). Our tour guide spoke excellent English, was very informative and because we were a group of 16 people, he was very observant of us of our whereabouts, at all times (which is very important should anyone ever go into the medina in Fes). Fes is full of a labyrinth of alleyways and corners that make up miles and miles of medina.
3. We left Fes and spent the night at a most beautiful hotel in Erfoud (baby camel in lobby). The next day we left for the Sahara Desert and spent overnight in the dunes. After waiting out the sandstorm we saddled our camels and rode into the bivouc in the middle of the dunes. I was amazed at the beauty of the Sahara.
4. We drove from the desert through the Atlas mountains, spent the night at Dades Gorge and visited the film studio in Ourzazate enroute to Marrakech.
5. Our last few days were spent in Marrakech. We had an excellent tour guide in the Marrakech medina named Mohammed. He was helpful, funny and made us feel safe in another huge medina. We saw many sites… first time in my life to see a snake charmer! One evening we were treated to an excellent dinner and performance at Fantasia in Marrakech.

We travelled in a 17 passenger Mercedes van that was extremely clean and comfortable. Abdul our driver was an excellent driver and could successfully maneuver that large van through many tight places. Aziz was our tour operator/owner of Dadani Destinations and was along with us for the entire trip. He was always willing to share his vast knowledge of his country with us and always had a good sense of humour. Aziz was very attentive to everyone’s needs and numerous times went beyond the regular duty of a tour guide.

All in all, as a single woman traveller I always felt safe and comfortable while on my tour with Dadani Destinations. I feel that Dadani’s choice of program was very versatile and gave me an excellent knowledge of the diversity of Morocco. I would certainly recommend this tour to anyone that is interested in discovering Morocco. This was definitely the “trip of a lifetime” for me.

Prince George, Canada
“Marvelous morocco”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I would stongly reccomend taking a Moroccan tour with Dadani Destination Tours. Aziz was a great tour guide, taking us from Casablanca, Rabat, and through the high Atlas mountains back to marrakech( with many other stops I have forgotton)One night was really unforgettable, with a camel ride into the Sahara desert and spending the night there in a tent.We toured and shopped in Medinas in many cities.We toured Kasbahs and temples and I certainly learned alot of history of Morocco and area.
Thanks, Karyn and Aziz for a truly memorable holiday!
Candace

Jakarta, Indonesia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“The tour to choose in Morocco”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

It was great from the reservation as Karyn has given her suggestion on where to go and what to do within the time that we have. Originally I wanted more places but she told me that it would be too tiring, good that we followed her advice and really enjoy the tour.

In Morocco, we were guided by Aziz and Abderrahim whom have been extremely helpful with the arrangement from the beginning till the end. They are both very knowledgeable as well.
They even booked for perfect spa for us at the last minute.

From the day we arrived, everything is great and we like the riads and hotels that was reserved for us and there are lovely pools at Merzouga and Xaluca Dades!

With their connection, Aziz and Abder have both help us a lot especially when we forgot our laptop, they have helped us to get it back by next day which we really appreciated. Also Aziz helped to get a room while we are waiting for camel ride and that made my brother happy as he was not keen on camel ride at the first place. He also helped us to get 2 rooms for shower the next day.

Basically Aziz really make things happened and will make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.

You don't get all those personal touch from other tour companies hence if I go to Morrocco again, I would definitely use the same company!

Visited February 2012