“Overall, I am very glad we choice Imzi”

Imzi Tours Inter - Day Tours
and up
Ourika Valley Day Trip from Marrakech including Free Airport Transfer
Ranked #273 of 902 Tours in Marrakech
More attraction details
Owner description: Imzi Inter Tours, officially licensed by the Marrakech Tourist Office, organizes Day trips, Desert tours, Activities and accomodations in Morocco from Marrakech. Your comfort, security and happiness are our priority. By using an official agency such as ours, we guarantee: - Transfer Airport / Free Hotel. - Departures every day. - Assistance 24h / 24, 7/7. - The best rates. - An air-conditioned transportation upper class.
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This summer, my wife and I used Imzi Tours for parts of 4 days while we were in Marrakesh. I chose Imzi after looking at prices and reviews of other agencies. I feel like Imzi is a very good value. I started e-mailing Moncief about a trip to Aït Benhaddou and Essaouira. Moncief was always quick to reply, which put me at ease. His prices for the day trips were quite a bit lower than his competitors and the day trip to Aït Benhaddou included a complimentary lunch, while the other people in our group had to pay for their lunch, and from talking with them, they paid as much or more for their tour with a different agency.

Here are a few things to consider from my experiences on 2 day trips with Imzi:

1) They seem to "outsource" the guides from a group of independent contractors. It seems a lot of the tour companies in Marrakesh do this. We had a small problem with the tour guide that took us to Aït Benhaddou (his van's A/C wasn't working...which made the mid-day desert trip pretty hot in June. He also complained about having to drop us off at our hotel which was 15 minutes outside the city center in the Targal area). I mentioned this to Moncief via e-mail, and he made sure that we had a different tour guide a few days later to Essaouira.

Each tour can take a little while to start in the morning from the main square, as it seems the drivers are learning of their "assignments" for the day. Our first day, it took about 50 minutes to being shifted to 4 different vans before we headed out. This can explain why the tours are quite a bit cheaper than hiring a private driver. For a little inconvenience, we saved a significant bit of money. Morocco is the 50th country that I've visited, so I'm a pretty patient traveler, if you aren't....you might want to hire a private coach.

2) Imzi offered us free airport pick-up (which was very nice) if we booked through them online. Once we booked another tour, Moncief offered us free airport drop-off as well.

3) Imzi responds very well to e-mail communication, which proved to be helpful even when we were in Morocco. They do have an office in Marakesh, but we never had to go inside.

Mohamed B, Guest Relations Manager at Imzi Tours Inter - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Thank you very much for your review. Your observations are very valuable for us and we seek to solve them. As you mentioned, the group tours need more patience but very significant in savings. We hope that you will visit us soon.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

We went on a 4 days trip to Marrakesh as co-workers.
Rented a very nice riad in the middle of town.
In advance we booked three day trips with IMZI tours.
Communications was very quick and negotiation very much fun :)
First day we went for a quadriding trip in the dessert, super nice experience and awesome quads!
Second day made a trip out to the Ourika Valley, wich was beautifull.
The stop at the herb garden is not very exciting but the area is quite nice.
Trip to the waterfall is quite long and not easy with small children.
Very touristique though.
The tour in Marrakech was not special, we where hungover and our tourguide was not very patient and understanding with our group. He was also not very interesting and did't share much on the history and stories of the sites we visited.
All and all a pleasant exprerience and especially our contact with Zakaria was very pleasant and they were very flexible.

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you had a good time in Morocco with us; however, we are working to solve all the encounters. Thank you once again.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

We told the guy when we booked the trip we did not speak French. Put us on a bus where no one besides one nice man who was willing to translate spoke English! Bit of a con, everywhere we went asked for money. Went to Women's 'Cooperative' (giant shop) and tried to push us to buy stuff. Took us to a Berber house, wanted us to tip the man and buy stuff. Then on the way home, dropped everyone off at their hotels in Marrakech, then drove OUT of Marrakech, and came back to drop us off as no one had told him where we were staying, and our hotel happened to be right by the offices, which added 45 minutes to our journey! Also we were lucky we wore hiking books, as the climb to the waterfall was treacherous. People arrived in flip flops, how they did it is beyond me.

However, the views were beautiful and well worth it.

We are deeply sorry to hear that. We are sad to see that our partners lose their hospitality culture, and we are taking this very serious.
Thank you very much for your observations and review.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

It was my first visit to Morocco along with my wife. As new weds, we hesitated to come to Morocco, but one of the most impressive things that caught my attention and made me pick Morocco is the speed and quality with which IMZI TOURS responded to my queries. We decided to go for the three nights and four days trip to the desert.

To sum up it was one of the best decisions I have made in my life thus far. The night under the stars in the middle of the desert was amazing besides the kindness and generosity of the people in this beautiful country.

I would highly recommend this agency to everybody!!

Mohamed B, Guest Relations Manager at Imzi Tours Inter - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Thank you very much Jack for your review. We are glad to help you make one of your best decisions.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Imzi was recommended to us by the Visitor Information Centre and we very much enjoyed our day trip to Ourika Valley, booked very last minute but at a good price. Our driver was very friendly and knowledgeable, the transport modern and comfortable and the scenery exceeded my expectations and was an interesting change to the busy streets of Marrakech.

We were given the choice to stop at shops and attractions along the way (feel free to say you don't want to stop/shop), as well as photo spots, and when our group of six arrived at our destination a friendly local guide (Abdullah, from the next village up the valley) who spoke English took us up the trail to the stunning waterfalls and helped our group up the sometimes tricky rocks as well as answering all our questions and taking pictures for us.

Lunch was also wonderfully tasty, seated right beside the stream in the valley floor. I would recommend strong footwear/hiking boots and trousers as well as a basic level of fitness for the climb up the hill, and remember the temperature will be slightly cooler than down in Marrakech.

Thank you very much for your nice words.