WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Mooi Hotel

Mooi Hotel
Ranked #399 of 512 Hotels in Marrakech
Rainham, United Kingdom
“Relaxed, Calm and Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

I visited the bar of Mooi by chance. My boyfriends friends brother works there and having been told it was reletively new I wasnt expecting much. But it was a truly lovely bar area.
When we walked in there was a doorman who was a big hench guy he was friendly and ushered us in. To get to the bar you walk through the restaurant area and we got there around 11.30 so it was closed, but that was still stunning. All fresh white and greys really chilled.
Considering it was a monday nearly midnight and only a handful of people in the bar the atmousphere I felt was great. The DJ kept pumping out some disco classics to keep the mood light the bar staff had a joke with us and did some entertaining bar tricks. Only gripe I have it was so damn cold.
I thought it may have been because I had severe sunburn from being in the countryside all weekend with no shade but when my moroccan friends are grabbing scarves and coats to wear indoors you know its too cold.
But I loved it in there regardless of this.
Everything is personalized. From the traditional table lights to the coasters. The sofas were soft and elegant and I actually found myself nodding off to sleep at about 1am lol! Very relaxing place. Would definately recommend it, just take a cardigan/jumper just in case.
The drinks werent expensive either we had the best bottle of rose and 2 vodkas and it came to 400dh (£15) which we found extremely resonable considering Le Comptoire is across the street and charge 400dh per bottle and 100 per vodka

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends