All reviewsmint teael fenaroof terraceexploring marrakeshan ideal locationenjoy your staythree nightsquiet oasisairport picka lovely staybreakfast and dinnertucked awayyogurtsimomoroccoriadsquare
Reviewed November 25, 2017

I stayed at Riad Princesse du Desert with my brother for three nights at the beginning of our two-week trip through Morocco, and at the end after my brother had to fly home and I had some extra time I returned to Marrakech and stayed at the riad another four nights because the staff had been so welcoming and friendly and made me feel truly at home. They were also helpful and informative about getting around, easily arranged pick up and transporting baggage, and even helped me find a doctor when I got an eye infection. The riad is located on a quiet winding alley just a few steps from the busy heart of the medina and is an excellent place from which to explore the old city. It is situated in a traditional home with rooms arranged around a courtyard, and I looked forward to starting every day with breakfast on the roof terrace. I also recommend the nearby hamam with its top quality service.

Many thanks again to the staff at Riad Princesse--Karima, Ibrahim, Salah, Abdul, Ilham, Adid and Rashida--for making it such an enjoyable stay! And thank you again for the music and the dancing!

Kim Frasse from United States
October 2017

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet. Riad is very clean and welcoming and conveniently located.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank kfrasse
Reviewed November 15, 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this Riad for three nights. They promptly responded me before my arrival and also helped me arrange Airport pick up. It was really nice to see someone waiting with my name when I got out of Airport in a place I had not been before. (It cost me €15 to the driver and extra €3 to the porter who helped carry my Luggage and led me to the Riad from the drop off point). Although it is more expensive than taking a taxi at the airport, I prefer the convenience and hassle free.

The most I enjoyed at this Riad was the people. All of them are friendly. One of them named Abraham speaks great English and helped me with whatever I need including my phone, the SIM card, and calling tour people on my behalf.
I am a solo traveler and it is lovely to know there is someone I can call when I’m in need and come back at the end of the day and hang out with them, drinking a pot of tea with cookies, chat about their lives and culture, and laugh.

The Riad is located at the end of a lane off the major street full of shops. It is only 5-10 minutes walk to the Main square Jamma El Fena and one of the Gates, a spot for Taxi or tour drop off. I must admit that I wished I had booked a place that was closer to the major street since I lost myself a couple of times in the evening when it was dark and I could not find where to turn in.

The home is in traditional Moroccan Architecture - open central space for gatherings /dining with 7 bedrooms total on 3 floors and a roof top terrace (no views) with lounges and tables. The king size bed, pillow and bedding sheets are comfortable. It’s not a huge room but enough for one person. The room has almost no windows, but usually I don’t stay there during the day. The closet in the room comes handy. The bathroom is decorated with traditional Moroccan tiles, again not too big but enough. The shower is always hot and powerful. There are two blankets in the closet as needed. Breakfast is about the same every morning during my stay, Orange juice, freshly made mint tea, coffee, hot milk (my favorite), Moroccan pan cakes and bread, cakes, jams, butter, yogurt and fresh oranges. I didn’t have the opportunity to eat dinner there, but they do have a dinner menu for the convenience.

It was a lovely stay as a whole and thank you Rachita and Abraham

Stayed: November 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed October 4, 2017

We stayed in Riad Princesse Du Desert for 5 nights. When we arrived at riad. We were given Morrocan Tea and a some pastries and Brahim gave us some information on places to visit and how to avoid being taken on de tours by the locals.
We were on the terrace and we hade Fresh coffee and orange juice and tea is also available.
The Riad organised our trip to the Atlas (Ourika) mountains for us which is incredible. Very friendly and knowledgeable car driver who took us to meet our guide and was ready to take us back after.
We also had a traditional Hammam at the Hammam Paradis. This is a must. The ladies who did the Hammam and the massage we had were amazing and we were left feeling very relaxed. Definitely worth doing.
The Riad is based 5 minutes from Jemaa El Fna and is quite simple to get back to just study the map before you leave. You really can't believe the hustle and bustle on the streets that stepping back into the Riad you are in a tranquil and serene environment.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eddiejones40
Reviewed September 2, 2017

Riad Princesse du Desert was our launching off point for exploring Marrakesh and other day-trips from the city. Located down one of the the winding alleyways of Marrakesh, this riad (it may technically be a "dar," but in any case...) provided a quiet home base to return to after exploring the nearby souqs and Jemaa el Fnaa square. As we visited during the off-season, we were able to get a great deal on the rooms, especially for being in such an ideal location. The staff was very hospitable and flexible with our busy schedule, especially with making breakfast early when we had to leave early for day-trips in the area. Our room was clean and the air-conditioning functioned well, which was pretty crucial as we visited during the summer. Staff provided a map and explanation for how to navigate Marrakesh, which was helpful as the winding alleyways can be complex at first go. They also have spa treatments and local food available upon request. Overall, a great place to stay while visiting Marrakesh.

Room Tip: second floor is best; we really liked Turquoise
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Benjee88
Reviewed July 27, 2017 via mobile

It was a wonderful trip to marrakesh and the best things it was this Riad princess du desert all of staff there are nice
The food it was delicious and the evening party with 'GNAWA' is very nice we was enjoying a lot
Finally I want to advise people how go to princess du desert to have massage in Rosa Bonheur spa good price and good massage
Thank you Samira for your reception I hope to come back as soon as possible
Noura family