“Lovely lovely riad”
other travelers have booked this property
Riad Laksiba -  Guest house, Hotel, Rooms or Exclusive Use, Kasbah, Medina, Marrakech, Morocco
Riad Laksiba - Exclusive Use from £125 Night Riad Laksiba  - Rooms from £25 Person
Check Availability
The Twin Room Two, First Floor
Riad Laksiba - Open-Air Courtyard
Bathroom In Twin Room Two, First Floor
Entrance
Dont just be a Tourist. Go Native, Experience Marrakech.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Riad -
5 Bedrooms, 5 Bathrooms, Sleeps 10
Marrakech, Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 228 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Turkish first
German first
Italian first
Turkish first
Any
SnowOwl17
“Lovely lovely riad”
Reviewed October 1, 2014 for a stay in September 2014

Absolutely lovely stay at Riad Laksiba. I was the only guest, which could have been a bit awkward but wasn't at all, due to the skill of Abdelhamid (the manager) as a host.
I went to Essaouira for a few days and came back again - I was greeted with 'welcome home' and it really felt like that.

Very easy to find. Beautifully decorated throughout. Apparently the subject of a TV programme about its restoration and decoration, and I can see why.

Breakfast was positively sumptuous, far more than I could eat, and delicious.

As a lone female traveller I felt very safe in the neighbourhood, and in the city in general. I met nothing but courtesy and respect. Was a little anxious about this solo trip, but I really needn't have worried.

Abdelhamid was also very helpful in giving me an idea of what was an appropriate amount to pay for various things, like the taxi to the bus station, and bottled water.

And it was very convenient that there was water, and wine (and I presume beer) available to purchase from the riad. Lovely seating areas around the courtyard and also on the landings.

I think this would be a particularly wonderful place to stay with a group of friends or family for exclusive use.

I have already recommended this to one friend planning to visit Marrakech and shall continue to recommend to others.

Location Cleanliness
Traveling group: Solo
Jahangir...
“The ultimate lads holiday”
Reviewed August 31, 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

Having been to Morocco three times before, I can honestly say this was my best visit. Forget your 4 and 5 star hotels, the Riad experience trumps them all. Plenty of activities: quad biking, visits to Ourika Valley and Essaouira, as well as many sights within Marrakech.

The owner of the Riad, Simon, was extremely helpful before the holiday, helping us plan and providing loads of tips. We had exclusive use of the Riad, so we had plenty of space, and it was extremely comfortable. August is one of the hottest months, with temperatures reaching over 40 degrees Celsius, yet the Air conditioning in the bedroom was excellent, and the courtyard design of the Riad kept us cool. Plenty of lounge areas and the roof terrace was wonderful, with an excellent view across the city skyline. WiFi was also very good!

Abdel, who works at the Riad, was amazing. Providing plentiful Mint Tea, shisha, and advice/holiday ideas, as well as loads of laughs and jokes! In fact we did our ALS ice bucket challenge whilst we were there, nominated Abdel, and he followed through! (Ask Abdel, he might show the video!)

Overall, we had an amazing time, and would definitely go again!

Traveling group: Friends
AnneB1922
Reading, United Kingdom
“Beautiful, cool and peaceful”
Reviewed August 20, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

This is such a beautiful riad I really appreciated the attention to detail, the place seemed to have a soul.
Agree with what all the other guests have said, Good location, very warm welcome from Adil and Abdul who organised camel trips, taxis and recommended where to eat ect, and did all they could to make our stay enjoyable. The riad is cool, quiet and beautiful and the rooms and beds are very comfortable. You are able to walk to all the attractions or as you are very near to a gate can pick up a taxi easily. It is a great place to stay if you want to go native and get under the skin of Marrakesh. I could go on but it has been said before. A highly recommended riad.

How easy was key pickup/access to the property?
Traveling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
Farzana H
“Home away from home”
Reviewed August 10, 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

A beautiful Riad with friendly and welcoming staff. Adil and Abdul could not have been more helpful over the last week of our stay.
My family of 7 stayed at the luxurious Riad Laksiba where we were treated like royalty (even told off for trying to wash my own plates on the first night!). Breakfast every morning was served by the wonderful Rajja and Nadia.
My elderly father enjoyed his stay as did my 3young children, location was ideal- heart of the old Medina.
It really was a home away from home. The hospitality of these folks are second to none! Thank you for making our holiday so memorable Adil and Abdul: suggesting activities to do and places to see.

Value Location
Traveling group: Family
simiana
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Riad Laksiba”
Reviewed August 4, 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

I don't actually need to write a review as they're all positive, and mine will be too…

Lovely riad, lovely staff, great city.

Took my wife, mother in law and three kids there last week for ten days, had a great time, the staff can organise anything given a bit of notice…our teenager had her birthday on our last day, Adil took us to a calligrapher nearby who made a wonderful birthday wall hanging for her all in Arabic, it is really a lovely thing to have and is now hanging proudly on her bedroom wall. That and the birthday cake at breakfast made it a birthday to remember.

The kids loved the tortoises on the roof…in fact they loved the riad full stop…both of them made friends with local kids their age within a couple of days and soon started a football game in the little court outside…hopefully they've got the ball off next doors roof by now… the position is great as you can quickly get your bearings as the Medina gate Bab Ksiba is just round the corner…I could go on but the other reviews cover it I think…if you're considering it I can reasonably say I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Cleanliness Service
Traveling group: Family
Your age range 35-49
Dylan H
“A home in Morocco”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 for a stay in June 2014

As the first checkpoint for our travels around Morocco, the staff of Riad Laksiba instantly helped us discard our worries. We were shown how to get about the sprawling capital (and Morocco) as well as camel rides, quadbikes, hammams, water parks, cooking courses, day trips and much more (at lower prices) being made easily available for us. The staff are very professional, speaking perfect English, yet also instantly your friends, being there for every need alongside being great fun. We were also blessed with the ability to be staying at the Riad at the same time as its owners- Simon and Fiona, who truly made it a VIP experience, adopting us as if we were their own children. The accommodation (riad, bedrooms, food + drinks etc) was as superb as the service already described. The roof top terrace allowed us to sunbathe in complete privacy as well as providing the perfect view for watching the sunset. Cannot wait to return to this beautiful sanctuary which is full of the best people (including at one point, the BBC North African Correspondent- Richard Hamilton).

Rooms Location
Traveling group: Couples
Tom A
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Riad, fantastic location, exceptional staff”
Reviewed July 18, 2014 for a stay in April 2014

We had a truly exceptional time during our stay in Riad Laksiba. Apart from the beautiful building and the fantastic location, the staff working in the Riad were truly outstanding and made our stay simply excellent. Their hospitality and effort was second to none in ensuring we had the best time possible. Nothing was too much trouble for them and we were always greeted with a warm smile.

We will 100% be returning to this fantastic retreat in the heart of the old town.

Cleanliness Service
Traveling group: Couples
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing