“They really care about your stay in Marrakech”
other travelers have booked this property
Riad Laksiba -  Guest house, Hotel, Rooms or Exclusive Use, Kasbah, Medina, Marrakech, Morocco
Riad Laksiba - Exclusive Use from £125 Night Riad Laksiba  - Rooms from £25 Person
Check Availability
The Twin Room Two, First Floor
Riad Laksiba - Open-Air Courtyard
Bathroom In Twin Room Two, First Floor
Entrance
Dont just be a Tourist. Go Native, Experience Marrakech.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Riad -
5 Bedrooms, 5 Bathrooms, Sleeps 10
Marrakech, Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 229 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Turkish first
German first
Italian first
Turkish first
Any
Peter K
Washington DC, United States
“They really care about your stay in Marrakech”
Reviewed July 11, 2013 for a stay in June 2013

The Riad is amazing is all aspects and I highly recommend staying here if you are visiting Marrakech.

The Staff: The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and really bring the Riad to a new level. They know Marrakech very well and can give great advice on places to eat, sites to see, prices for various souvenirs, etc. Their English is excellent and it is very interesting to talk to them because they are real people. All conversations with them were very natural and did not feel forced on their part at all. For example, we watched TED talks together, discussed energy policy + accessibility in Africa (they have a thermal-solar water heater on the roof!), and discussed their general plans for the future.

The Riad Itself: The Riad is a very comfortable place to stay. We were there in the heat of June and did not have any problems. The interior of the Riad is very beautiful, especially the courtyard. The Riad is not a mansion, but is perfect for a small group, and because it is a normal house size it feels much more like staying with close friends than staying at a hotel.

The Location: The Riad is located at the southern side of the Medina, which is great. It is quiet at night, a 5–15 minute walk from nearly everything in the Medina, and very easy to find (after Abdulhamid showed us the first time – I suggest you arrange for the Riad staff to pick you up at the train station or airport).

The Food: We ate breakfast at the Riad every day and it was very good. They were very accommodating with our schedule, and always served us a massive breakfast each morning within 10 minutes of us popping downstairs. We only ate dinner there once, which was a shame because it was so good! If I didn’t have a desire to be out and about most of the day, I would easily eat there every night. They also gave us the recipes for everything!

Date of stay: June 2013
Location Service
Traveling group: Couples
Jul 12, 2013
Hello Peter,
It is very evident from your Review that you consider things on an Intellectual level (TED, Energy Policy, Solar Vacuum Tubes to supply hot water). I am delighted that you have highlighted a capacity in communication with my Staff. I am the first to admit that we are very blessed with the team we have at Riad Laksiba. They are unique; caring, sensitive and above all else committed to getting the best for your adventure that they can.
What makes "Urban Tourism" is the ability to indulge into a cultural environment that is alien to you own. To make that possible the accommodation, location and people around you have also to embrace your arrival and time spent amongst them. Riad Laksiba is not only blessed with wonderful Staff but also a wonderful community surrounding us. It is ever-so easy to be drawn into choosing accommodation in the eye-of-the-storm, in Marrakech's case the Jemaa el Fna (Main Square), but.... if you do so, there is a real chance that your adventure misses opportunities away for tourism.
A sincere thanks for taking time to write a Review and your observations therein. The staff at Riad Laksiba will be equally delighted that their efforts have been acknowledged. Best regards Simon. Owner
Dinah K
Towcester, United Kingdom
“Couldn't have been a better choice!”
Reviewed July 2, 2013 for a stay in May 2013

I was revisiting Marrakech after 23 years, and my memories were not particularly fond (I found it a difficult place to travel then). Riad Laksiba was a gorgeous haven from the bedlam that is the city. It is located in the old Medina so you are seeing real life in action and feel very safe.The staff at the Riad are just so helpful, we enjoyed a cooking lesson and enjoyed the fruits of our labours on the rooftop in the evening - all fab! Wifi is free, rooms well appointed, breakfast was abundant and freshly prepared - you can decide to eat in your own space outside your room. Managed to convince the tortoises to race - a lot of lettuce involved! I was travelling with my husband and my mother and her cousin who were visiting from NZ. I was a little nervous about how Mum would enjoy the city, but had no worries everywhere was easy to find from the Medina there are clear landmarks and if all else fails you know you are near the wall. Abdul Hamid the team make you feel welcome in this very comfortable home from home.

Traveling group: Family
Jul 9, 2013
Hello Dinah, Thank you so much for taking time to write a Review on TripAdvisor. I thoroughly enjoyed your company and I am delighted that your mother and her friend embraced the experience with youthful energy. (I hope I didn't walk them off their feet). I was particularly impressed by your choice of road trip, and photos, of the Cascades de Ouzoud. Electing to go in a old Mercedes Taxi with Berber driver showed a real "Hideous Kinky" spirit of your earlier memories of Marrakech, back in the days when danger and adventure sat hand-in-hand. I am equally delighted that those safety reservations you had about re-visiting Marrakech after 23 years held no merit, moreover, you are keen to return. I look forward to hosting your return and assisting to plan further adventures. Many many thanks. Simon. Riad Laksiba
Pietro D
varese
“bad choice”
Reviewed June 24, 2013 for a stay in May 2013
person found this review helpful

I think that this Riad is a bad choice if you have interest in comfort and also it's not very near to the famous place Jemaa el Fna (20 minutes walking).
The streets that you need to walk to arrive at the Riad are dirty and smelly. the inner courtyard is nice but very small, the riad at a first sight seems nice and traditional but after a while you understand that is somehow a little fake (you'll find a statue of Buddha or picture of some Malaysian tigers). Also there a lot of dust everywhere and the rooftop of the building (where you'l find the shisha and some chaiselounge) is dirty.
The rooms are small, dirty, with a lot of dust and in some of dust you'll find a strong stench of horse [--]. You'll have no windows except the one that look on the inner courtyard (this means or no privacy at all or no lights and fresh air).
The only good aspects are the kindness of the people that work there and the breakfast that is really very good.

Jul 1, 2013
Thank you for your observations based on staying in a property within the Median Walls of Marrakech. It is true; Marrakech and indeed Morocco is an "emerging country" and the contrast between Marrakech and European destinations are very alien in many ways. Equally so are the cultures and morals. We will forbid you to bring any "acquaintances" back day or night. It is illegal to entertain "locals" in a Riad. Riad Laksiba is designed for family holidays and is staffed 24/7. Those who want to stay, on these terms, are welcome to submit to the Bookings process. If, however, you are looking for a Riad or Appartment that is not supervised then Riad Laksiba is possibly not suitable for you. Thus I apologise for my staff not allowing you to entertain your request for Prostitutes within 2 hours of your arrival even though you went to lengths to demonstrate that you had paid for "Exclusive Use" and therefore had some right to do what ever you want. I am also sorry that this set the tone for the 2 nights that you were with us but wholly for my staff's sake, who felt compromised by these requests. However, I am thankful for your observations and I sincerely hope that other travellers, with similar inclinations, will read your review and my response and elect to book elsewhere. The Malaysian Tiger comment summed up perfectly the level of research you and your group of young Italian Males had made before you arrived. The picture in question is the "Pelt Merchant of Cairo" by Jean-Leon Gerome (France-1890) painted at the height of the Orientalist Movement; a movement which predominately depicted scenes of North Africa. The French influence in Morocco is significant, for obvious reasons. Brian "the Buddha" is mine.... purchased in Guilez (the new town of Marrakech - where I believe you rented an apartment for your groups nocturnal activities), again a reflection of Riad Laksiba being a home and not a stage-set for Ali Barber tourism. Is it the original painting? No. Is it "fake" to your expectations? Maybe so.... as it would appear; you expected Riads to have external windows, the streets and smells inside the Medina to be to some European standard and Exclusive Use (by definition) should mean that illegal activities should be tolerated if demanded. "When in Rome..... young men..... when in Rome". I hope, some day, you will return to Marrakech, maybe with wife's and girlfriends, and embrace Marrakech for its culture, its moral values and appreciate that emerging countries day-to-day lives still appear somewhat Biblical by comparison. Under these circumstances you will be welcomed back. Simon. Owner. Riad Laksiba
Bindy S
Exeter
“Family half term May 2013”
Reviewed June 15, 2013 for a stay in May 2013

Oh - what an amazing welcome and attention to detail. All the staff so lovely and so happy to be invaded by tortoise and football loving children! My boys have left with a new pack of local street football pals and they and the girls, with many happy memories. Hamid and Adel have a special place in our memories. Simon, the owner had already answered lots of queries by email before we arrived in Morocco so the positive sense of expectation and adventure we had was just compounded by our week with Hamid, Adel and the tortoises!
The position of Laksiba in the medina is ideal for exploring both parts of Marrakech day and evening but far enough from the square to give us the excuse for the wacky horn honking Mercedes taxi rides home.
May was a perfect time to visit with children as it wasn't too hot and the souks and historical sights not too full of tourists. The boys (and their football) got lots of attention and young men and boys ready to have a kick around and laugh amongst the souks and parks. The long haired girls - a blonde 6 year old and a 14 year old got positive attention for other reasons. We all got to practise our French and everyone was very friendly and ready to chat. We managed to avoid the souk hassles (with tips from Laksiba staff) as well as honing not only our bargaining skills but also our 'not being ripped off' taxi fare negotiating! The 6 year old did end up with a snake around her neck and the twin boys on the shoulders of an acrobatic team one evening in the square but all was good humoured and fun.
The advice from the Riad and as we say, attention to detail, made our stay lovely and helped us planning our days. A visit to the Henna Café is worth a trip( we've added photos below) as was the Oasiria water park a short free minibus ride out of Marrakech- a wonderful relaxing but fun day out for adults and children alike.
We'd have not doubts about recommending Laksiba as a place to stay. It is obvious it's ability to adapt to the needs and preferences of it's occupants, make it able to offer a perfect service to those on a family holiday, a yoga retreat, a romantic weekend away or a action packed hen group holiday...and I've not even mentioned the amazing breakfast yet!
We can only really end by saying that we'd back up what others have said about their stay. Sounds like everyone else has also enjoyed the warm welcome and lovely friendly service we experienced. I really hope we get a chance to return.

Traveling group: Family
Jul 1, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to write a Review. I am delighted that you and your family gains so much and embraced so much of what Marrakech and our local area has to offer. I am equally delighted that your have written your Review, as a family, demonstrating the values that younger members have benefited from during your stay. Experiencing life inside an old house inside even older Medina walls, can be very inspiring and rewarding. It is an alien environment to the structure we come from with it's unique quirks and habits. An experience which, to me, holds lasting memories. The simple interaction of playing soccer in the street with the local children perfectly describes such pleasure and a real feeling that you have indeed embraced the very heart of Marrakech culture and welcoming spirit. We look forward to your return trips and hope to add to your box of memories. Very best regards. Simon. Riad Laksiba.
PaddyBear...
Akosombo, Ghana
“Tortoise alert!”
Reviewed June 13, 2013 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

I stayed at Riad Laksiba in the Medina with three friends in June 2013 during a holiday visit to Marrakech. At £35 per night, I thought it was good value. Our rooms were all fairly spacious, with aircon and nice bathrooms (hot showers). Wifi is available for free and the connection speed is very fast. The breakfast, included in the price, was very tasty and started from about 8.30am onwards with coffee, croissants, freshly squeezed orange juice, yoghurt, eggs and some delicious potato pancakes. Complimentary mint tea and shisha were both excellent. We had one evening meal (MAD 200 per head) at the riad - the tagine dishes were amazing. The staff's recommendations as to where to eat and what sites to visit in Marrakech were all spot on and they were very helpful when we had questions. The roof terrace is a great place to relax and catch some rays ... and if you're lucky, the two tortoises will be awake and roaming, we were pretty surprised when they appeared! The atmosphere at the riad is very relaxing overall and the splash pool on the ground floor is a great way to soothe your aching feet after a day's meandering around the souks. Location is 5 mins taxi drive from the airport and about a 15-20 minute walk to Djemaa El Fna square. The locals were all friendly and we didn't get much hassle. Highly recommend you check out the crazy furniture for sale at the Complex D'Artisanat and don't miss out on the nous-nous coffee! When heading to the airport, I found it cheaper to get a taxi at the roadside by myself rather than booking one via the riad, but that depends on the size of your group. Be aware that the room doors do not lock (I don't know if this is the case at other riads), so it may be advisable to not bring valuable items - we didn't have any issues at all with security during our stay. Overall, a great experience thanks to the wonderful staff and I would definitely recommend to friends and family - shukran to everyone at Riad Laksiba!

Date of stay: June 2013
Jun 15, 2013
Thanks for your Review. I am pleased that the Tortoises were active during your times on the sun terrace. Riad Laksiba (def: Little home in the Kasbah) has just 5 Bedrooms and is a privately owned home. The Staff, Adil, Abdelhamid, Nadia and Raja are all long-term and dedicated to ensuring that your adventures in Marrakech meet expectation. A Riad is a house with an internal courtyard. There are no external windows and therefore all rooms need to be aired when cleaned on a daily basis. The windows facing the internal courtyard and hand carved doors are opened up as Nadia and Raja go from room to room to clean, make beds and freshen up whilst Guests tire themselves out investigating the plethora exotic elements that make up this unusual culture. I agree with you...... if we were a hotel with a host of indistinguishable guests and a reception with a regularly changing staff then room security would be an issue that I would want to address...... BUT we are not. In all the time we have been open, not one item has ever gone astray. Although I regularly have to post "Lost Property" back to Guests after they have departed. Thanks for the Review and I am impressed with the format in which you write. You have highlighted the prominent factors of the booking process, cost, value for money, personal observations. I am also pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for overall recommending Riad Laksiba to others via your Review. Much appreciated. Simon. Riad Laksiba.
Lows E
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
“The holiday experience ever!”
Reviewed May 22, 2013 for a stay in March 2013

We were greated at the airport by a lovely mini bus driver who took us to the Riad. Upon arriving at the gates of the medina we were greated by Hamid and Mohamed who led us to the Riad which is hidden away in the middle of where all the locals live. We were advised prior to arriving not to judge a book by its cover, and this was definately the case. The front door does nothing to capture what we would find inside the Riad - a morrocan paradise! On our first evening we were given some mint tea which I left Marakesh being addicted to! We were cooked a meal on the first night and served wine. The nine of us felt like princesses.

Being nine british girls in Marakesh we had some apprension when exploring the city the following day but we were given some great advice which let us relax and enjoy the amazing culture and surroundings. Exploring the back streets and the food is a must have.

As we were on a hen do, we were keen to have one evening out at Pacha Nightclub. Not only did Hamid and Mohamed arrange everything for us, but they accompanied us on the evening, put up with our tipsy behaviour and danced the night away.

My most memorable moment was when myself and three of the girls decided to experience the marakesh square at night and experience the famous market food. Upon returning to the Riad we found that most of the party had gone to bed. Hamid and Mohamed were keen to hear all about our adventure and could see that we were craving some home comforts. They made us mint tea, gave us a selection of movies to watch, projected a move on the wall for us and joined us in munching our way through sweets and laughing our heads off to the funny movie we chose.

I have to say that my experience in the Riad was one of my favourite ever. Customer service was the best I've ever experienced and nothing was too much for the boys. Everything was arranged for us from getting us a can of coke, to arranging taxi's, cooking amazing food, the lovely ladies in the Riad cleaned and cooked for us every day, and helped us in experiencing th real Marrakesh.

Highly recommended and can't wait to return :) Thank you xx

Date of stay: March 2013
Jun 15, 2013
"Hamid dancing the night away". I should have been there..... Abdelhamid "Hamid" and dancing has to be seen to be experienced! Both Hamid and Adil will be delighted to get a mention on TripAdvisor, as will Nadia and Raja for the hard work they do. We seem to go through purges of Hen Parties and time after time we hear of success. Specific groups and Laksiba seem to be a great combination. Yoga Groups, Hen Parties, Climbing Groups, Fossil Collectors, Marathon Runners, Ambassadors, Musicians, Film Crews, Actors and Writers alike descend on Laksiba; all with different aspirations but all getting the same level of service. A place that caters for individuals to remain anonymous and be themselves. A group of 9 Female travellers has every right to be nervous about visiting an alien culture to their own; the speed that they loose those inhibitions and relax into being themselves and finding the "fun factor" is a true reflection of genuinely caring and dedicated staff, ensuring that any concerns who may arrive with are quickly vanquished. Well done you guys and well done Staff. We look forward to arranging further adventures to Marrakech. Best regards. Simon. Riad Laksiba.
helzabell...
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Fab Place, Fab People”
Reviewed May 22, 2013 for a stay in March 2013
person found this review helpful

I arranged this for my hen party in March 2013. We hired out the whole of the Riad.There were 9 excited but slightly worried girls going to a country which was unlike anywhere we'd been before. Simon the owner couldnt have been more helpful, answering quite a few of my concerns via email before we went and making me feel at complete ease. He told us about the wonderful culture, the food, places we could visit - he basically give us all the options possible whilst taking into account what we had expected from a hen party. Our transport was all sorted before we got there, we had a chauffer pick us up from the airport and take us to the Riad where we were greeted by Mohammed & Hamid - 2 of the friendliest people you will meet. The Riad itself is out of this world, the detail, the decor, even small things down to the doors were so beautiful. if you are ever travelling to marrakech DO NOT stay in a hotel, the riads are stunning & i couldnt recommend a more beautiful one than Riad Laksiba. The staff are brilliant, Nadia & Raja cooked our breakfast every morning and we ate in on our first night, the food we had was delicious! We got shown around the old town briefly and then made our way every day into the medina (just an easy 20mins walk away). Riad Laskiba is in the perfect place, we also took a day trip to Kasbah Ourika retreat via taxi then camel ride(scary for some-maybe think twice before doing this) ha! And in the evening we partyed until the early hours in Pasha night club (short taxi ride away). We finished our last evening in a fancy resturant in the new town - all arranged by Simon and the other staff perfectly. If you want to experience a bit of morrocan culture then this riad is perfect and beautful and CHEAP! But our holiday wouldnt have been so great if it wasnt for the staff, mohammed & hamid were fantastic hosts and catered to our every need. I am definetly planning a trip back next year, its perfect if your travelling in a big group, in couples or on your own. i really dont think you'd find a better place.Thank you for making my hen party perfect!
Helen Williams
South Wales, UK

Date of stay: March 2013
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The staff/The decor/The helpfulness before we booked/stayed
Liked least: The pool wasnt in use in March
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing