“Fabulous Hospitality!”
other travelers have booked this property
Riad Laksiba -  Guest house, Hotel, Rooms or Exclusive Use, Kasbah, Medina, Marrakech, Morocco
Riad Laksiba - Exclusive Use from £125 Night Riad Laksiba  - Rooms from £25 Person
Check Availability
The Twin Room Two, First Floor
Riad Laksiba - Open-Air Courtyard
Bathroom In Twin Room Two, First Floor
Entrance
Dont just be a Tourist. Go Native, Experience Marrakech.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Riad -
5 Bedrooms, 5 Bathrooms, Sleeps 10
Marrakech, Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 228 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Turkish first
Barbara K
Worcester, England, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Hospitality!”
Reviewed December 12, 2012 for a stay in December 2012

Fantastic accommodation, seriously pampered and cared for by the Riad staff, within easy walking distance of the main square. Being inside the city walls it gives you such a wealth of opportunity to experience the full package Marrakech offers, with the beauty of being on the fringes of the walled city. Could not have asked for better service, and I would seriously recommend organising a night "in" at the riad where they prepare you a full culinary delight.
Absolutely brilliant.

Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
Jan 1, 2013
Thank you Barbara, for taking time to write a Review on TripAdvisor. Riad Laksiba (def: the little House in the Kasbah). The Kasbah being an area of the Medina fortified by Ramparts and historically the 1st Citadel of the Sultans of Morocco. Your comment "Being inside the city walls it gives you such a wealth of opportunity to experience the full package Marrakech offers, with the beauty of being on the fringes of the walled city" sums up my own thoughts perfectly. A great observation to put into your review. Location is indeed very important for any traveller and I am delighted that you enjoyed Riad Laksibas unique position within the Medina. Hopefully we'll look forward to your return visit where you can discover even more. Best for 2013. Simon. Riad Laksiba.
Roger J
Rugby, United Kingdom
“Retreat in a wonderful City”
Reviewed November 30, 2012 for a stay in November 2012

What a smashing place to stay; south of the main square in the Kasbah district of the City. The Riad Laksiba is in a quite cul de sac about 15 minutes walk, (less in a horse drawn carriage), from the Central Medina. In this area life is less frenetic, and the shopkeepers do not hassle like they tend to in the Central area. The only threat is from the mopeds careering down the narrow alleys. The Riad Laksiba is owned by Simon and Fiona who were staying at the same time as us, and we were made very welcome. The two local girls provide breakfast as and when you like and this consists of pancakes, bread, pastries, jams, honey and fruit. They will also cook an evening meal if you do not wish to eat out. The five rooms, (two on the ground floor and three on the first floor), were roomy with comfortable beds and en suite wet rooms. All tastefully decorated with local artifacts and much hand carved wood.The roof top terrace with sunbeds had a superb view of the snow capped Atlas Mountains, (this was mid November).
When the owners are not in residence, Mohamed and Abdul Hamid are in charge, and both speak perfect English, arranging transfers to the airport, (only 15 minutes away), and will advise on and arrange taxis to other parts of the city and further afield. All in all an excellent break and we will definitely go again. - Roger & Helen Johnson.

Traveling group: Couples
Jan 1, 2013
Dear Roger and Helen,
Thank you so much for your considerate and kind words. Fiona and I thoroughly ejoyed your company and it was very good for us to gain an insight into the aspirations of highly active Senior Citizens whilst in Marrakech. I hope that we managed to fulfil all of your requests for what you wanted to achieve with the plethora of research you had done. It was an excellent time in the Riad with all guests sharing stories and sharing a true family atmosphere. A delight and a pleasure. We look forward to your 2013 return visit. Best regards Simon. Riad Laksiba
Toronto, Canada
“Oasis in Marrakech!”
Reviewed November 18, 2012 for a stay in November 2012

The prompt response to my first email enquiry regarding accomodation at Riad Laksiba left no doubt in my mind that I had found a new friend in Simon and that I would no longer be a stranger in Marrakech. Our friendship blossomed with each moment that we shared our history and our future plans. Riad Laksiba will remain unique in my mind over all other accommodation that I have stayed for its ability to make me feel comfortable in the home of good friends providing good food and good advice on the local scene. Simon has created a new category of Bed & Breakfast .... perhaps "Beyond Bed and Breakfast!"

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Simon's philosophy and success in constructing this Riad.
Liked least: Could not stay longer!
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Toronto, Canada
“Oasis in Marrakech!”
Reviewed November 18, 2012 for a stay in November 2012

The prompt response to my first email enquiry regarding accommodation at Riad Laksiba left no doubt in my mind that I had found a new friend in Simon and that I would no longer be a stranger in Marrakech. Our friendship blossomed with each moment that we shared our history and our future plans. Riad Laksiba will remain unique in my mind over all other accommodation that I have stayed for its ability to make me feel comfortable in the home of good friends providing good food and good advice on the local scene. Simon has created a new category of Bed & Breakfast .... perhaps "Beyond Bed and Breakfast!"
Andy T

Traveling group: Family
Nov 20, 2012
Andrew, Cathy and Steve, it was an honour to make your acquaintance. Your Mineral collecting adventure in Morocco was fascinating and thank you so much for leaving some of your collected samples for us to display at Riad Laksiba. I am pleased that the correspondence we shared between Canada and Marrakech worked so well with your purchase of mineral/fossil collecting tools on arrival. I am also warmed by your comment "beyond bed and breakfast", I still treat and look upon Riad Laksiba extensively as my home; as such you are a guest in my house and treated to that level of attention.. I am delighted that you embraced this spirit and arrived as a Guest and departed as a friend. We shall all look forward to next time. Very kind regards. Simon. Riad Laksiba
Diz02
Kirkcaldy
“Fabulous and Friendly Riad”
Reviewed November 17, 2012 for a stay in October 2012

We travelled here in October and had a wonderful time. The staff in the Riad were lovely and nothing was too much trouble for them. Mint tea was always on hand, advice on trips out given and onwards transport sorted out. Unfortunately, our luggage was delayed and when we went to collect it the next day, the manager Mohammed came with us to ensure all went smoothly. The night before, guests who were leaving left us toiletries which was so kind. Paul also took us into the main square and showed us the landmarks to look out for, this saved us getting totally lost. Although we did manage to do that while exploring!The Kasbah area where the riad is situated is wonderful, we always felt safe walking back at night. I celebrated my birthday here and Simon called and sang to me, which was sweet and made me smile. He had also made sure that the fridge was stocked with our preferred tipple. The riad itself it really beautiful, wonderfully restored, with so many lovely details/objects to look at. The plunge pool was a welcome respite from the heat, I really enjoyed sitting on the steps with my feet in it, a cold glass of wine in hand! We all loved lounging around on the lower floor, reading and playing cards. We had the two bedrooms on the lower floor and my son was on the first floor. All of the rooms had very comfortable beds, bathrooms with shower and were scrupulously clean. Breakfast was freshly prepared and we had dinner in on our first night which was delicious. My whole family have said that if/when we travel to Marrakech again, we will most certainly be staying at Raid Laksiba.

Traveling group: Family
Nov 20, 2012
"Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to....." . From a staggered start with you Lost Luggage I am delighted that the rest of your stay was a success. Please also thank your daughter for Tagging some super photos of Riad Laksiba onto our Facebook site. Reviews and images from fellow travellers are always appreciated. We shall ensure that your return visit is just as successful. Again many thanks. Simon. Riad Laksiba
Clare S
London, England, United Kingdom
“Magical Retreat”
Reviewed November 5, 2012 for a stay in October 2012

Riad Laksiba was a truly wonderful place to stay. Having signed up for a 4 day yoga course at Laksiba I fell in love with the place and stayed an additional 3 days. Simon and team were extremley accomodating in extending my stay and made me feel so welcome. The Riad is a perfect get away from the hectic souks in the midst of the medina. A truely authentic and beautiful riad with stunning craftwork and attention to detail.
Breakfast was something else! Oh my lord, I cant even think of words to descibe the feeling when your day starts with yoga on the roof terrace and then a breakfast fit for kings. The staff were wonderful and always at hand, nothing was too much. Advise on the city, arranging trips, ensuring you get fair prices and generally looking after you. Every hotel, villa and chalet in the world would benefit form their own Abdul-hamid!
I was lucky enough to spend time with Simon and his lovely daughter and friends, it felt like visiting good old friends.
I am already considering a trip back with my family for my fathers 70th birthday, I cant think of a better place to spend time with my family, it is guarenteed to be magical.

Traveling group: Solo
Nov 7, 2012
Clare, what can I say... it was a blast ! Thanks for investing so much time showing an interest in Hannah and her friends, she really enjoyed your company. Riad Laksiba (def: "the Little house in the Kasbah") does give you a truly authentic experience located in our little cul-de-sac. Abdelhamid will be delighted that you have put him on such a pedestal ! I feel so lucky to have such a great chap to assist at Riad Laksiba. He continues his Masters Degree in English Literacy this month which will add an extra dynamic to Laksiba when he wanders back each evening "with his homework". His English is better than mine! You fathers 70th is on the cards and we shall ensure to make his visit just as special. Best. Simon. Riad Laksiba
Clare S

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Breakfast!
Liked least: Leaving
Traveling group: Solo Traveler
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing