“Wow, what an awesome experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Morocco Discovery Holidays
Ranked #52 of 746 Tours in Marrakech
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Morocco Discovery Holidays is a tour company offering tailor-made tours and customized holidays to Morocco. We design your journey to Morocco to explore the hidden treasures and the exotic sights of a fascinating land. You can be sure to experience a blend of traditional and modern that combine comfort and authenticity throughout Morocco's greatest destinations.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wow, what an awesome experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

First of all, my apologies for the delay of this posting. My trip was in October although it still feels like just yesterday. My tour in Morocco deeply touched my heart and I cherish all the wonderful memories - and there were so many!! Said and Mustafa were the perfect guides for this tour, always making us feel safe and taken care of - quite a feat considering a challenging itinerary to cover so much in just 10 days for a group of 30. It was a whirlwind tour of Morocco but never once did we feel rushed in our travels. Said and Mustafa had connections with the most wonderful local guides and places to visit giving us an amazing Moroccan experience. Their deep love for Morocco was clearly evident as Said beautifully shared his wealth of knowledge regarding his country’s history and Mustafa’s joy and enthusiasm were contagious. I thank you both for taking such great care of us and for sharing so much of yourselves as well as your love that you have for your amazing country. I look forward to the opportunity to visit Morocco again. To experience the best Morocco has to offer – the people, the history, this sights - I highly recommend you seek out Said and Mustafa to be your travel guides. And if you can get the two Abduls, that’s an added bonus! What a joy and honor it was to be in the presence of such an amazing team!

Visited October 2012
4 Thank Michelle H
moroccodiscovery968, Front Office Manager at Morocco Discovery Holidays, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Michelle,

Thanks so much for your recommendations and your strong words about our services and the guidance of SAID & Mustapha.

We hope that you will visit Morocco again and to Use our services again.

Best regards & wishes.

Australia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Well organized 3 day trip across High Atlas to desert with excellent guide.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

We booked a 2 night/3 day trip from Marrakech across the High Atlas to include a 2 hr camel trek to the desert for one of the nights. We are a family of 3 and we had our own comfortable minivan and driver/guide.

Our guide Moustaffa was excellent: friendly and very helpful, knowledgeable, spoke good English. He was able to tell us about life for the younger, educated more modern Moroccans, as well as about more traditional Moroccan life and culture.
Very importantly ( especially when traversing the High Atlas) Moustaffa was a very safe and skilled driver.

There is a lot of driving in this trip and the road over the mountains is very windy- two of us needed anti-emetics for car sickness.

We visited many interesting sites and features. The camel trek at sunset was a great experience- 2 hrs was enough though as it gets quite uncomfortable for the legs and backside. The tents we slept in were warm and comfortable and dinner was delicious. Moustaffa chose good local cafes and restaurants for stops.

In retrospect it would have been better to return direct from Merzouga to Fes, instead of driving all the way back to Marrakech then getting the train on to Fes as we did. This was our own fault for not asking advice from the company before booking the trip.

Altogether a very interesting and worthwhile trip, though it is a lot of distance to cover in 3 days.
I would highly recommend this company.

7 Thank MrsWinnie
moroccodiscovery968, Front Office Manager at Morocco Discovery Holidays, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Sally, Sarah & Andrew,

Thanks for your visit to our country Morocco. Thanks also for confessing that your tour with our driver/guide Mustafa was good and interesting and our services were up to what you expect.

We would like to thank you warmly for your recommenations to the other travellers.

We hope that this is not the first and last time that you visit Morocco. You are exremely welcome to enjoy Morocco and its hidden treasures whenever you got the opportunity to do.
Bethesda, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Perfect in every way!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed the amazing week-long Imperial Cities trip with Morocco Discovery Tours. Our driver, Lahsen, was extremely reliable and accommodating. We became good friends. Said, one of the owners who also was our guide in Marrakech was wonderful -- generous and knowledgeable. Our English-speaking guide in Fez also was fantastic. We learned so much from them. All of the riads and hotels Morocco Discovery booked for us were lovely and fantastic. I booked the trip over Christmas/New Year's only a week before and didn't know what to expect. Morocco Discovery Tours did not disappoint. It was perfect in every way at an affordable price!

Visited December 2012
4 Thank Angie C
moroccodiscovery968, Front Office Manager at Morocco Discovery Holidays, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Hello Angie & Ed,

All our thanks for your recommendations and also feeling of gratitude about our services done by our driver Hassan, Said (Guide), Aziz (guide) also the accommodation where you stayed in Casablanca - Fez - Marrakech and Essaouira. Thanks as well for choosing to travel with our Tour Company. We would like to say that you are warmly welcome to Morocco whenever you think about visiting our country.
seattle
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

I traveled to Morocco in October with a large group of people. I have never traveled with a large group of people before.
Mustapha and Said greeted us at the airport in a most welcoming and friendly manner ~ from the beginning they created a warm, engaging atmosphere for the group. I was amazed at their constant ability to manage such a large group with unfailing positivity and patience! We spent a lot of time in a large bus and the driver Abdul was one of the best drivers I have ever witnessed. The itinerary our US guides planned was, according to Lonely Planet's guidebook, an itinerary recommended for one Month of travel, and we did it in 11 days, so we covered a lot of territory in a short amount of time. From very narrow alleys and gates to mountain passes, Abdul's skill as a driver was nothing short of amazing.

It's difficult to make an experience unique when one is dealing with 30 people, but we visited some excellent restaurants and had some uniquely Moroccan experiences ~ from having an incredible meal at a remote inn in the mountains, hearing Bedouin music, visiting sacred sites, to a night in the Sahara ~ they orchestrated a wonderful trip.

Mustapha and Said went far above the call of duty, from finding and delivering lost luggage, helping people with hotel rooms, laundry, medication, dinner etc. to catering to the petty demands of some of the more needy individuals on the trip. They really took over for the weaknesses of the people who had organized the trip in the US, and created a wonderful trip for us.

They worked hard to learn about us as individuals ~ we shared our lives, and I am still very touched at their consideration of me personally. I'm a musician, and I was given cd's and at the end of the trip, I was given a handmade drum, a gift I will cherish for the rest of my life.

These guys all had inexhaustible stores of energy, kindness, awareness and patience that went far above the norm. Plus on our last day, which should have been a day off, Said took me and a few other folks to the market in Marrakech, and hooked me up with the best places to buy shoes and gifts for my friends and family ~ while Mustapha did the same for other people.

After Morocco, we went to the Canary Islands, and I don't even remember our guides' names there!
I guess the true testament to Said and Mustapha's success as guides lies in the fact that I feel I made lifelong friends in Morocco. I know I will see them again, and I look forward to my next trip (with only 2 of us at most!!) to take my Moroccan experience deeper ~ and I will Definitely hire Said and Mustapha again. Definitely.

Visited October 2012
4 Thank elsie23
moroccodiscovery968, Front Office Manager at Morocco Discovery Holidays, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Hello,

Happy New Year 2013 with more success and Happiness.
Thanks so much for your words about your travel experience to Morocco. Thanks as well for your recommendations to our travel services done by our two people (Said & Mustapha). They all love you too and keep on talking about their tour with you. You have been so gorgeous and wonderful group. You are so welcome whenever you think about having another visit to Morocco.
Brooklyn, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

Morocco Discovery helped us create a wonderful tailored trip from Marrakech to Fez through mtns, deserts and gorges for a great price. They were very accommodating about our requests. Our driver, Hassan, was wonderful and very patient, we stopped a million times to take a million pictures of the beautiful countryside. Said was very professional and called during the trip to make sure everything was ok. Would definitely recommend them!

Visited January 2012
3 Thank jqwu05
moroccodiscovery968, Front Office Manager at Morocco Discovery Holidays, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
We would like to thank you for choosing our Company Morocco Discovery Holidays and also we would like to thank you for choosing to travel with us. It has been a pleasure to serve you and to take around for a nice trip from Marrakech to Fez.