Review of Les Premices

Les Premices
Ranked #647 of 871 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: African, Albanian
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Carlisle
Reviewed October 29, 2011

I have only marked this restaurant as "average" as compared to others in Marrakech, it is just average. However, it is one of the best in Jemaa El Fna in my opinion, this could be because I am a vegetarian and they do a nice pasta dish :)

We always sit upstairs and get a good view of the comings and goings in the square below.

The basil pasta is lovely, but unlike anything you would find in an Italian restaurant in the UK, it has a strong taste of the local Argana oil (which is nuttier tasting that Olive oil) I like that taste, but my father wasn't keen.

Service was as good as any other restaurant in Marrekech (the Morrocans have a certain brusque way about them, which can be endearing to come, but annoying to others)

You must try the Creme Brulee though, it's delicious!

• Visited October 2011

• Polish first
Carlisle
Reviewed October 29, 2011

You must try the Creme Brulee though, it's delicious!

Visited October 2011
Herefordshire
“Great views,good food!”
Reviewed September 22, 2011

I must agree with the previous reviewer, I do not understand all the negative reviews unless things have changed.Three of us ate there one evening, on the lower of the two panoramic balconies, the view over the square was terrific and the selection and quality of the food on offer was more than good.We each ate a different dish and were all of the same opinion,good food,efficient service and more than reasonable prices.My sweet (Brulee) was excellent.The international menu was extensive and presented in French and English,so easy to understand, with a clear description of the ingredients in each dish. The sights, sounds and smells coming from the square added to the atmosphere and made the evening all the more enjoyable.As for the delay in paying for the meal as mentioned by a previous reviewer, I suggest that they do as we do and pay at the desk if you are in a hurry. All in all, I would recommend this restaurant for a good quality, relaxed meal in great surroundings anytime.

• Visited September 2011
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Sadly expectations werent met”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

After reading the reviews on here we had high hopes of a break from the normal Morroccan fair and in one respect it did meet those expectations - the food was pretty bland.

Ok we only had pizzas but they lacked any real flavour at all and no amount of added pepper (the salt had managed to become a solid mass, which was an achievement given the 41 degree dry heat) helped the situation.

The view of the square is pretty good and the staff attentive but to be honest for a meal with a bit of taste we would have been better off over the square at KFC.

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank Igol2011
eddieCambridge
“Good view, very reasonable, big selection”
Reviewed July 24, 2011

I can't understand the bad reviews of this place. We had breakfast and lunch here - great views over the square and very reasonable prices with a big selection of food. Breakfast was excellent and the pizzas at lunchtime were also good. I would recommend it to any visitor - much better than most of the tourist traps on the main square.

• Visited July 2011