“Best Ever All Inclusive Hotel”

LABRANDA Aqua Fun Marrakech
Ranked #127 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We've just returned from the Aqua Fun Club and are already looking to go back.

The hotel is extremely clean. The staff are always cleaning the floors/pools/bar areas/toilets. The rooms are left spotless as are the corridors.

The food was great and we had lots of variety. My Daughter who is three always foud something she liked and she is a bit fussy at times. All the food was fresh and well presented. Ice cream is available between 1-5 everyday.

The pool areas/water park were brilliant and sun beds were very comfortable. Those areas again, were always kept imaculate and are very safe. My daughter thoroughly enjoyed the pirate ship area with the smaller slides and pool.

Staff at reception were attentive and very friendly. Our rep (from Med Hotels) was a great help and he was also very friendly.

The entertainment was brilliant! And you couldnt ask for a better animation team. They were there everyday with a smile on their face and nothing was ever any trouble for them. Along with the pirate ship, they made my Daughters holiday, who had rather a soft spot for MoMo who was her 'best friend' the time we were there. There were always things going on through the day including Arabic lessons which are very good.
In the evening they have a mini disco for the children which was always lots of fun to watch. They also have a live band who are very talented. Again, the animation team were there in the evening to make sure you were enjoying yourself- and we did! Very much so.

We've been to lots of different all inclusive hotels all over the world but Aqua Fun Park is by far the best one we've ever stayed at. Overall, 5*. If I could give more, I would.

• Stayed: May 2013
6  Thank VickiMarieLouise
Write a ReviewReviews (2,773)

Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is great for kids in hot weather. The all inclusive package is worth it drink and eat all you like but sometimes the food shown was not available. Was not happy about the condition of the room, the hotel staff were not great and I didn't like the service received.
The pools were great but as it was open to public made it over crowded at times and is a put off!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Salma K
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This place has mixed reviews so when we booked through Broadway Travel I wasn't sure what to expect. However, we had a great time and found this place to provide a perfect balance between sightseeing, relaxing & keeping the children 12 & 10 amused.
We spent a week here. 2 rooms next to each other overlooking a pool in a quiet part of the hotel complex. The hotel also seemed quiet which suited us fine. Food was varied and good quality so we all found something that we enjoyed every day.
The entertainment staff were helpful & enthusiastic.
The hotel is about 15km out of Marrakech and we took a local bus in (I think that it cost about 50p per person) which was a great experience for us. The locals were so friendly and amused to see us clamber on.
The only negative was the local rep who seemed almost aggressive about us not talking his trips and arranging them independently but he was not a hotel employee and we soon put him in his place.
This hotel is also in a great location for exploring the Atlas mountains and Berber villages.
The great appeal of this hotel is the water park. Brilliant fun for adults and children and simply loads of slides for all ages. The park is open to the locals at the weekend so gets notably busier then but its a good time to arrange other trips
If you want a great guide round the Souks then Aziz is your man. We were recommended him by friends and had the most amazing tour. You can contact him on (212) 061 16 52 63 or (212) 024 42 61 40 while you are out there. He is licensed.

We will definitely come back here when returning to Marrakech

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank foodiefanmom
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Me my wife and 2 children we spent great time in aqua fun .the hotel was very clean the food very good plenty and good variety the drinks plenty . The service was in doubt . Bear in mind that the hotel is managed by Egyptians not moroccans . When I was check in The Egyptian guy in The reception stop in The middle of check in and start talking to a girl using innapropriate sexual gestures It was embarrassing . The second event when another Egyptian manager in The restaurant try to harass my wife asking her too many questions while she is choosing her food . MY wife was disturbed and ask me to report him . When I complain to one Morocco staff if told me that its sad the third event was The morning usually the slides started at 10 am . NO one was there I complain to another Egyptian manager if was polite and understanding and he rush to advise the staff to start . In general the place is beautiful . ANd too many slides for your children . The place is quite far from marrakech . You can use grand taxis or book the free shuttle bus .

• Stayed: August 2012
5  Thank imad A
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My wife and I visted this resort with our two children. During our stay my daughter, who was 4 years old at the time, stepped on a man hole cover next to a children’s swimming pool. The metal cover ‘gave way’ and she dropped into the man hole (approx.1.5m square). The cover then crashed back down completely covering the hole and my daughter. She was submerged in water up to her chest in complete darkness. Another hotel resident witnessed what had happened and raised the alarm. I managed to remove the cover and pull her from the hole. She was petrified, shaking uncontrollably and could not even speak for hours after this horrible experience. She suffered cuts and bruises as a result of the fall and the metal cover hitting her. Many men in overalls came to look at the hole and even more men with mobile phones and walkie talkies joined in. They deduced that the cover was not the correct size and eventually covered the hole with a larger thicker replacement. No one came to speak to us or my daughter. A fellow hotel resident who also witnessed what had happened complained to the reception staff and still no one approached us. Finally, the next morning we spoke to reception and demanded to speak to the manager and we were granted an audience. The manager (Mr Waleed El Sokkary) apologised for the lack of contact and claimed that he had been misinformed about the incident. He claimed that he had not been told that a child had dropped in the hole. He promised to investigate the matter and offered us a complimentary hamper. Also, he offered us a complimentary room for 1 week, which he confirmed in writing. My daughter was and still is severely traumatised by this terrible experience and continues to have nightmares about it. We have been trying to book our complimentary holiday since May 2012. We have been telephoning this hotel for months without any progress. We have been given excuses and have found the staff to be obstructive and unhelpful. The manager does not seem to ever be around to take calls, even when we call at pre arranged times. We are constantly being frustrated by people who claim to speak no English (when we stayed there every member of front line staff spoke English!!). To conclude, my family had a great time at the Aqua Fun Club and we were happy to return despite the incident. However, they have treated us terribly since then and behaved in a very unprofessional, dispicable and negectful manner. I am disgusted at the way they deliberatly ignored emails & telephone calls from me Broadway Travel and Hotels4u.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank Olu O
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Not sure how long it is closed for renovation but we had a reservation through Kayak from December 26th through January 1st.

What a horrible experience to show up with a reservation only to find bulldozers and constructions workers everywhere. Not sure who is to blame: Kayak (who we booked through) or the hotel.

FYI - It is quite a distance from the Marrekesh/Medina.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank tayloradventure
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I got so excited when I saw this hotel thinking it would be like the one in Egypt! Far from it.. Don't get me the wrong the hotel itself is lovely, friendly staff, the food was actually nice, rooms cleaned everyday if there was a problem staff ensure it was quickly resolved.. However the male workers really put me off.. I wouldn't come alone with just the girls here again if I was to return would most defo be with family! The waterpark itself just does not compare to the Sharm el Sheikh one.. Overall worth a visit

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends