“Bargain holiday - what do people expect?!?!”

LABRANDA Aqua Fun Club
Ranked #146 of 496 Hotels in Marrakech
“Bargain holiday - what do people expect?!?!”
Reviewed June 25, 2011

Been here for 6 nights and leaving tomorrow. Been a great week and there has been only teething problems. Only 2 restaurants open but less than 100 guests staying in a 500 capacity hotel, what do you expect?? The food is good and varies daily. Alcoholic drinks are given at will and you can order as many at once as you like. Air con/fridge/water/safe all in working condition in my room. Staff are great and can't do enough for you. This hotel is brand new and if you thought it was gonna be 100% after a week of opening you're naive or stupid, as I said there have been teething problems for some but for 350/400 quid all inc people need to re-evaluate their expectations. All in all, have an ounce of patience and you'll have a great stay!

13 Thank Holidaygoer1986

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Reviewed June 25, 2011

the hotel is beautiful, plenty of different places inside and outside hotel to suit everyone. The water park is amazin so much fun. Food is great, loads of choice and good quality, stunning rooms, we were the first people in ours all brand new.

13 Thank tracywellbeing
Reviewed June 25, 2011

The hotel is a danger zone. Flying back home tonight and I have already asked Broadway Travel for a refund. Every guest here is complaining and everyone has a story to tell about mirrors smashing on children, children falling down manholes, signs falling off roofs, no water, no highchairs, no cots, no childrens club,no spa, no gym, no nightclub, diggers, crains, no handrails, nails in the pools etc etc.

2 Thank speedy-wheely-1000
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2011

Myself my children (aged 9&7) & a friend & her son (aged 4) arrived here on the opening day - 15th June to a Moroccan band, Berber dancers & acrobats. We were welcomed like VIPs & given red roses, cold drinks & cold flannels. There was a large group of management who introduced themselves & were very friendly throughout our whole stay. We were escorted to our rooms by the manager after a quick check in. It turned out that my friend was given my family room & I was given her double room so the manager moved us immediately & allowed my friend to still keep the much larger room, which was very kind.
The family rooms are spacious with plenty of wardrobe space, stools for your cases & a separate bathroom & toilet. There are 2 kingside beds in the room, a large desk, large flatscreen wallmounted tv (with a USB connection) & a table with 2 comfy chairs. Also there was room for 1 or possibly 2 more single beds & a fridge was provided for the bottled water the cleaners left daily. I was told the fridge could be stocked as a minibar by another guest but didn't request this. Our room (4122) had sliding patio doors which led out to a large pool-very convenient for parents as it enabled us to sit around the pool & leave the doors open if the children wanted to sit inside & watch tv etc. Lovely blackout linings too which were great for lazy lie ins.

We were very spoilt as we were amongst the very few for quite a few days & it enabled us to get to know the staff really well who were
always smiling & cheerful & helpful. With so few of us staying only the mediterranean restaurant was opened but it was fully staffed & I really enjoyed the food, the hot food included chicken, rice, pasta, potatoes, vegetables & fish & was always well cooked & hot enough. There was plenty of fresh salad & breads & lots of tempting puddings & fruit. There is also a pizza station where you can order your own pizza & sometimes this is a pasta station too. Most days there were also chips & potatoe balls for children. Drinks were served promptly & plates cleared quickly. Sorry but cannot comment on breakfast due to the black out linings in the room :-)
The bars that were open were the le charlot bar which has 5 pool tables all of which are free & the lobby bar in reception & another bar next to the swimming pool & Kids club. Spirit sizes were very generous & all mixers & fizzy drinks were bottled & so still nice & fizzy unlike some of the bar machines in this country. I only drink rum & coke & beer & my friend vodka & coke but I saw plenty of local spirits & wouldn't imagine you'd have an issue getting any usual spirit.
The bars are open until midnight & the lobby bar is 24/7.
I thought the reception area was very welcoming, smart & yet comfy too, plenty of large leather sofas & leafy plants. Whilst I was there the Internet cafe had not had any computers connected but the equipment was there & there was free wifi all around the hotel although the signal was weak in my room which to be fair was a way from reception.
I saw a sign for a piano bar downstairs from reception, perhaps this will be the disco but I didn't take a look.
Whilst I was there the mini club wasn't open but I did look inside & the room was spacious & airy & there were lots of tiny wooden tables & desks. Outside this area will be the mickey mouse restaurant & next door is the bar which Is convenient for parents.
There were 3 hotel pools-all of which were large & clean. At the end of the week when the hotel was filling up, sunbeds started to be difficult to find after 8am but I'm assuming the hotel will bring more in & at least they were the wooden comfy type with a comfy pad & pool towels were also provided which were large & fluffy. Lifeguards are also on every pool.
The spa wasn't open during my visit but I believe that's open now along with the tagine restaurant. I'm afraid I can't comment on the gym as I never looked.
The weather was very hot, around 38-44 degrees, pack enough factor etc as there are no shops at the hotel as yet!! But there is a free shuttle bus to Jemma el fna twice daily. Excursions can be booked through the rep in reception who visits after 4pm.
The water park was not finished & only 4 slides were open which was a disappointment but to be honest we all had a good time & made some lovely friends, apparently Marrakech had 3 weeks of constant rain in may hence the waterpark not being finished in time.
Sorry this review is so long but I know many of you are waiting for reviews & so have tried to be as in depth about everything as possible. All in all although the hotel has teething problems we did enjoy our stay & I would visit this hotel again due to the lovely staff & the fact that the issues we had were minor. Happy holidays all :-)

34 Thank whazit
Newbury England
Reviewed June 23, 2011

The hotel is nowhere near finished! There is no gym, no spa, no aqua park, and only 1 of the 5 restaraunts is open. I just asked for a glass of red and there is no bottle opener!!! A storm has just blown over and a window and door have just blown off and smashed in reception! There is no air conditioning, no hot water (it is tepid) and couples have been checked into their room when people have been asleep in bed.

I have never written for Trip Advisor or a review site before but I feel compelled to do so. Do not book this hotel at the moment it is not complete and there is alot of work to do to get it up to the level advertised.

I actually feel unsafe in this environment. Please don't get me wrong it is my first time in Marrakesh and I think it is fantastic, I would just prefer to be staying in alternative accomodation where I felt safe and where I was getting value for money.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
18 Thank ppp70
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marrakech
Eden Andalou Hotel Aquapark & Spa
Aqua Mirage Club
Aqua Mirage Club
#154 of 496 in Marrakech
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,736 reviews

Been to LABRANDA Aqua Fun Club? Share your experiences!