See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 18, 2014

I stayed here for 4 days in October 2014 and had a wonderful holiday. The staff were incredibly helpful from the very start, arranging a transfer from the airport to the resort and giving me a tour on arrival as well as getting me back for my flight home. It helps if you know some French but a couple of the staff spoke really great English and were very welcoming.

The location is stunning - lots of well-kept gardens surrounding the apartments makes you feel like you're in a tropical paradise, together with a gorgeous pool which never seemed to be busy!

I stayed on a B&B basis which worked well as the facilities in the apartments are great; I was on my own so loved having so much space and a proper kitchen if I wanted to cook. I didn't use the spa facilities but hammams are available, and the pools were perfectly clean which is always a plus when you're more of a beach fan like me. It's about a 20 minute drive into the centre (I hopped on a transfer which my friend was on from her neighbouring hotel) so it's ideal for a relaxing getaway.

My only downsides if I was being super picky - TV in the bedroom didn't work, and neither did the main one in the lounge. I have no doubt they would have fixed it if I wanted but I didn't ask as who wants to stay in and watch TV when you're in Morocco?! The food wasn't the best but it was good enough and great value for the price, and being on my own I would have preferred to have Wifi in my apartment (I could only get it at certain positions in the bar/cafe).

Will definitely be back - I'd happily go with friends for a relaxing stay. It's definitely not luxury, nor a 'hotel' as such - more like self catering apartments in a really peaceful complex. But that's just what I needed. Thank you Residence Habiba for a lovely end to the summer!

Room Tip: All have free aircon, TV (make sure it works!), good sized kitchen, etc. Wifi doesn't work in apartments as far as I could tell - only in the main bar/cafe/reception.
  • Stayed: October 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Just wanted to say thank you to all staff at this apartment residence.
We felt like home, myself and my family were treated just like family members.

In particular 'Mr Abul' has given us special service all the way from picking up from the airport till the last moment of departure.

Chef and Kitchen staff are always ready to prepare anything for you.

Big and well managed Pool was just outside of our rear entrance door.

Breakfast is fresh and light as described on hotel information.

Lunch and dinner freshly prepared on your discretion and request.

Wi-Fi is free and almost available all over the hotel, I had bit of issue with that as it was kept disconnecting but did alright overall.

Visit to Marrakesh madina is just 15 min away. Koutoubia Mosquee, Jama el Fana square, Majorelle Gardens, Madian markets all are a worth a visit. in Madina market just remember to negotiate the price of anything you buy.

I used their recommended local cab man 'Rahil' almost everyday to visit places in Marrakesh and went to day trip to Ourika mountain Valley near Marrakesh.

Although seems far from main city area but it clam and relaxing.

Overall well worth visit.
Full recommendation.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Wonderful hotel!! All food was delicious. Very, special, intimate hotel... owners are very welcoming and accommodating. Such lovely people! A 10 minute taxi ride into the Medina, the hotel can organise reliable taxis for this and to pick you up after your visit, very handy! Pool area's are beautiful, plenty of comfy sunbeds...even the wine is good! The apartments are large, cool, clean and modern with moroccan touches. We had an amazing, relaxing holiday, very sad to leave. We will be returning with our children next year!! This place it a hidden gem with a real feeling of 'Morocco' with modern facilities. Thank you Jacky and Habiba....we will be back!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We selected Residence Habbiba on a half board basis for 4 day stay over Easter after searching for 5 star hotels around Marrakech. Our choice was based on the description of a “5 star holiday village” and that the bathing area looked good.
The positives first. The bathing area was good, our room was very spacious with an enormous veranda with great views. The village was quiet which suited us and all the Moroccan food was very good. Most importantly of all the staff could not have been more friendly, fun and helpful.
We discovered that Habbiba was not a hotel; the accommodation was in the form of apartments. The village experience did not feel 5 star to us. Towels were available but other basics such as soap and shampoo were not. There is no shop on site so we had to use taxis (which the staff organised) to obtain them. Whilst the food was excellent; there was no choice. We ended up having two dinners at a 5 star hotel 600m away. Far from the expected 5 star experience we believed we had chosen and booked.
Rating our experience proved difficult. If you have come for a 5 star experience the rating would be low. If have come expecting 3 or 4 star holiday apartments and have a hire car you are likely to have a great time. Our rating is on the latter basis.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LymmMolly
Reviewed March 11, 2014

My family of 5 stayed at the residence Habiba for two days at the end of a 8 day visit to Marrakech and the surrounding area (Atlas mountains, Ouarzazate, the Dades de Boulmane and the sand dunes of Erg Chebbi). It was an oasis of calm and luxury after 6 days of super-stimulation. A great ending to our trip. Habiba, Jacky and Roman were fantastic hosts and took care of absolutely everything.
The chefs (Habiba and others) put together haute cuisine, both Moroccan and French, and were responsive to our preferences. My husband was suffering with flu-like symptoms and they not only prepared rice for him to eat, they ensured we had the medication we needed. They couldn't have done more.
The pools are gorgeous and very inviting for young kids (lots of shallow water). The billiards, foosball and pingpong kept my kids happy. We enjoyed the comfortable, shady bar area, and Jacky was generous in sharing his excellent cigars!
They are able to accommodate a variety of budgets, and are open to discussing options if you contact them directly. We went all out and had a three bedroom house for our two days, but were told that our friends (coming in June, on a tighter budget) could be accommodated in a smaller unit at around half what we paid.
The airport is conveniently close (10 minute drive), and cost 18€ (200 dihrams).
I have absolutely no negative comments about the residence or staff.
The houses and apartments at the residence are owned by individuals and the rental/maintenance is managed by Jacky and Habiba. Our house had a functional kitchen (which we didn't use, preferring to have Habiba cook for us!) but was missing a few convenience items such as soap. That is the only hiccup!

Room Tip: We rented the "Villa Sadia", a beautiful two storey house with three bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 3 showers, a huge living room and kitchen as well as laundry machine. We had a great view on the pool, and could partially see the Atlas mountains. No noise issues.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank CarmenGervais
residencehabiba, Responsable relations clients at Residence Habiba, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Hello,
we have a great pleasure that you had a pleasant stay in our residence
and we hope to welcome you back to the Residence Habiba
during your next stay in Marrakech.
Best Regards