“The best meal so far in Marrakech”
Review of Pepe Nero

Pepe Nero
Ranked #30 of 951 Restaurants in Marrakech
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: PEPE NERO Restaurant Marrakech : A place of flavours on motion where the senses are constantly coddled Khalid and his team represent the same soul of a single ingredient: Excellence. This where I devote myself body and soul to my passion: cooking We strive to always be precise in our gestures, attentive to the oven, skilled with knives, a sharpened sense of smell, an eye to the market, intransigent with the quality of ingredients and demanding in the kitchen.The battle I fight every day with my team is the oldest in the world:That between the hand and fire.We created the sort of restaurant we would like to find ourselves..Pepe Nero was born to engage and satisfy our passion : Taste, without any constraints or formalisms, with simplicity.But not only. We believe that there has been a generational change in customers who are rather apprehensive of locations that are over formal.With this new role we want to clear away taboos and bring haute cuisine into step with the times.
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We ate here on our last night in Marrakech.
It is in a really run-down area of the Medina but is beautifully appointed and was very busy, which is always a good sign.
The service was friendly and efficient and the food very tasty. However, like many restaurants in Marrakech, it was not cheap - we paid DH 900 (£70 including tip) for our meal and that was without a bottle of wine. However, the bill was the most beautifully presented restaurant bill I have ever seen!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,801)

Reviewed March 18, 2014

We had planned to celebrate my wifes birthday along with the kids at Le Foundok. Thank heavens we booked at Pepe Nero instead. Where waiters at Foundok were unattentive and sour, the service at Pepe Nero was fantastic (even funny) from the moment we went inside. Food was wonderful My wife was totally flabbergasted by the fact that all glutenous free dishes was marked properly in the menu - and there was a lot of them. We had both italian and marrocan food. And they made special stuff for the kids. They even gave us a birthday cake on the house. My sincere thank you to all staff at Pepe Nero that contributed to a fantastic celebration. We will be back sometime.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

After a bit of a long journey trying to find this restaurant we had a wonderful experience.

I came for dinner with my boyfriend after having seen some lovely reviews. The restaurant is in a beautiful setting- very romantic. We arrived quite late as we got lost en route but the staff were happy to squeeze us in. We were given a complimentary cocktail while we waited to be seated.

The staff are helpful, friendly and attentive. The food was exquisite and the staff were happy to accommodate special requests- I wanted only ice cream for pudding!
The staff even called us a taxi at the of the evening. The price was very reasonable.

We had a wonderful dinner and I would highly recommend this restaurant. Thank you!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I had spotted this place on TA and was glad we went there. It was the other side of the souk from our hotel, so we got a taxi to drop us and pick us up and I'm really not sure we could have found it ourselves. The immediate locale was scruffy but felt safe.

If you fancy a break from the local cuisine (although they do have a limited Moroccan choice on.the menu), then this is the place for you. In a dreamy courtyard setting you will be served delicate and delicious food that defies your expectations. I hesitated to order tuna tartare, but was glad i did as they executed one of my favourite dishes superbly. Followed up with John Dory - also superb.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We had a meal to celebrate a friends special birthday. The food was top quality - absolutely delicious and the atmosphere and décor were great. The restaurant treated us to a birthday cake and everybody sang happy birthday. We had a really great night out.