“You can rely on Pepe Nero for a good meal”
Review of Pepe Nero

Pepe Nero
Ranked #22 of 917 Restaurants in Marrakech
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: PEPE NERO Restaurant Marrakech : A place of flavours on motion where the senses are constantly coddled Khalid and his team represent the same soul of a single ingredient: Excellence. This where I devote myself body and soul to my passion: cooking We strive to always be precise in our gestures, attentive to the oven, skilled with knives, a sharpened sense of smell, an eye to the market, intransigent with the quality of ingredients and demanding in the kitchen.The battle I fight every day with my team is the oldest in the world:That between the hand and fire.We created the sort of restaurant we would like to find ourselves..Pepe Nero was born to engage and satisfy our passion : Taste, without any constraints or formalisms, with simplicity.But not only. We believe that there has been a generational change in customers who are rather apprehensive of locations that are over formal.With this new role we want to clear away taboos and bring haute cuisine into step with the times.
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I ate at Pepe Nero twice whilst in Marrakech. I went for my birthday and it was so nice I went back. The setting is wonderfully romantic and the service is professional, discreet and very friendly. The portion sizes were great and quality of food delicious. You receive a lovely little amuse bouche and a prosecco & orange juice on arrival. I was treated to a complimentary birthday cake/pudding for my special night and sung to which was all very lovely (and the cake was super yum). When we went back the second time we actually ordered a couple of puddings (the brulee and the chocolate pudding) which were really superb. It was lovely to end our mini break on a high note after a disaster the previous night at the restaurant Riad Monceau (see my other reviews). Pepe Nero deserve their good feedback and I would definitely recommend to others.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

The signs from Jemaa el Fna bring you through twisting alleys to a plain closed door with a nameplate that reads Pepe Nero.

Don't be put off, press the button on the left and someone will let you in.

Tired and hungry after four hours in the souks, we had lunch in the quiet peaceful courtyard; the only sound the water trickling in the fountain.

After our order was taken we were brought an amuse bouche of houmous and two breads - olive and focaccia - which were replenished when our food arrived.

The home made Tomato and Basil Fettuccine and the roast shoulder of lamb were both delicious.
(I was delighted to be able to try the lamb because in most places it is only an option for two people to share)

Worth finding, the food is prepared and presented with finesse.

3  Thank Life_0f_Pie
Reviewed February 1, 2014

It's a little difficult to find, but please persevere - it's worth it! When you do finally find the right door, it's like entering a beautiful oasis. The courtyard restaurant is filled with orange trees, with tables arranged around a small fountain. There are small areas to the side for more private parties.

I went for dinner with friend's to celebrate a birthday and this was a truly special meal. We were warmly greeted and given glasses of a prosecco cocktail while we browsed the Moroccan/Italian menus. After a few days of tagines and cous cous, I opted for Italian - it was divine.

The wines are reasonably priced for the region, and there's something for every price point. The food is so good that I would not have been surprised if they'd charged twice as much as was stated on the menu. Definitely value for money.

I'd booked and explained we were there for a birthday, and they brought out a birthday cake, complete with candles, at the end of the meal.

This place is perfect for special occasions and romantic dinners.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

We selected Pepe Nero to indulge ourselves - after too many tajines;-). The menu offers a fine selection of Italian/Maroccan cross-over and a decent (in comparison) wine list. Our service was very friendly and attentive. As it was quite cold on that December night we chose not to sit in the atrium but in the lounge at the side, which was considerably warmer and also more cozy. Reservation one or two days upfront was necessary!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

... Go to Pepe Nero!

Price worthy, delicous italian/morrocan cuisine. Make sure to make reservations ahead, it's a popular place. Easy to find walking from Jemaa el Fna. English speaking staff. I give them My best of recommendations!