WINNER WONDERLAND

“Disappointed” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pepe Nero

Pepe Nero
Ranked #11 of 789 Restaurants in Marrakech
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: PEPE NERO Restaurant Marrakech : A place of flavours on motion where the senses are constantly coddled Khalid and his team represent the same soul of a single ingredient: Excellence. This where I devote myself body and soul to my passion: cooking We strive to always be precise in our gestures, attentive to the oven, skilled with knives, a sharpened sense of smell, an eye to the market, intransigent with the quality of ingredients and demanding in the kitchen.The battle I fight every day with my team is the oldest in the world:That between the hand and fire.We created the sort of restaurant we would like to find ourselves..Pepe Nero was born to engage and satisfy our passion : Taste, without any constraints or formalisms, with simplicity.But not only. We believe that there has been a generational change in customers who are rather apprehensive of locations that are over formal.With this new role we want to clear away taboos and bring haute cuisine into step with the times.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We went with high expectations. Friends from Marrakech told us that this was a good place to eat. NOT!! The food was sub-par. The blaring music was overwhelming. The setting was very nice. Too bad that the food did not live up to the setting. I guess when you are in Morocco you should be eating regional cuisine.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jack A

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Siena, Italy
“A very pleasant evening!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

Very nice restaurant with a suggestive atmosphere: Fountains full of roses, pleasant music and very good food. From the beginning to the end the service was first class. We choose from the Italian menu and all dishes very good and nicely presented. The wines list is quite large and the red Moroccan wine suggested by the maitre, was very good. In a word a very pleasant evening.

Visited July 2013
Milan, Italy
“Certified by an Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Long story short: I'm Italian.
I know what great Italian food is like in fact I tend to avoid Italian restaurants abroad but I was a bit bored and the reviews were great so I figured why not!

I went for lunch, when I arrived there were only 2 other guests and then later came a group of 20 ITALIANS...

I had all things fish from starter to main dish and it was just excellent real Italian flavor not those fake "Alfredo" things they make for Americans (Alfredo pasta doesn't even exist in Italy)

The location is lovely. The only glitch was the service which was a little slow.
I would have visited a second time but there was no time to do so.

Will definitely go back and I highly recommend it.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
San Francisco, California
“Nice setting, Ok meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

We went with high expectations and liked the setting but found the food to be moderately good. All of us ordered pasta dishes which were sauced well but sometimes bland - particularly the sugo/bolognese. A decent wine list for Morocco and certainly a comfortable setting in the Medina, but ultimately not very memorable food for the expectations.

Visited July 2013
Sydney
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

We loved Pepenero, food was amazing : best risotto I've had, wine was lovely, service was first class and the setting was perfect.
The staff was about as professional as any I've experienced in traveling the world.
Tis was one of the best dining experiences I have had and would definatly recommend for a special occasion.

• Visited July 2013