“Certified by an Italian”
Review of Pepe Nero

Pepe Nero
Ranked #18 of 870 Restaurants in Marrakech
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: PEPE NERO Restaurant Marrakech : A place of flavours on motion where the senses are constantly coddled Khalid and his team represent the same soul of a single ingredient: Excellence. This where I devote myself body and soul to my passion: cooking We strive to always be precise in our gestures, attentive to the oven, skilled with knives, a sharpened sense of smell, an eye to the market, intransigent with the quality of ingredients and demanding in the kitchen.The battle I fight every day with my team is the oldest in the world:That between the hand and fire.We created the sort of restaurant we would like to find ourselves..Pepe Nero was born to engage and satisfy our passion : Taste, without any constraints or formalisms, with simplicity.But not only. We believe that there has been a generational change in customers who are rather apprehensive of locations that are over formal.With this new role we want to clear away taboos and bring haute cuisine into step with the times.
Milan, Italy
“Certified by an Italian”
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Long story short: I'm Italian.
I know what great Italian food is like in fact I tend to avoid Italian restaurants abroad but I was a bit bored and the reviews were great so I figured why not!

I went for lunch, when I arrived there were only 2 other guests and then later came a group of 20 ITALIANS...

I had all things fish from starter to main dish and it was just excellent real Italian flavor not those fake "Alfredo" things they make for Americans (Alfredo pasta doesn't even exist in Italy)

The location is lovely. The only glitch was the service which was a little slow.
I would have visited a second time but there was no time to do so.

Will definitely go back and I highly recommend it.

• Visited April 2013

• Turkish first
San Francisco, California
“Nice setting, Ok meal”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We went with high expectations and liked the setting but found the food to be moderately good. All of us ordered pasta dishes which were sauced well but sometimes bland - particularly the sugo/bolognese. A decent wine list for Morocco and certainly a comfortable setting in the Medina, but ultimately not very memorable food for the expectations.

Visited July 2013
Sydney
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We loved Pepenero, food was amazing : best risotto I've had, wine was lovely, service was first class and the setting was perfect.
The staff was about as professional as any I've experienced in traveling the world.
Tis was one of the best dining experiences I have had and would definatly recommend for a special occasion.

• Visited July 2013
Bandol, France
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Enchanting and veri good food!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Pepe Nero is the nice restaurant of Riyad Al Moussika where we sojourned. We are there 2 times during our long weekend in Marrakech and both times we were very satisfied. We tried both menus the Moroccan and the Italian one, with total satisfaction. Of the several dishes, we had, the pigeon’s pastilla and the guinea fowl ravioli, were the best. The wine list is quite large and the Moroccan red wine our waiter suggested, chateau Rislane, was very good with an excellent bouquet. The service is attentive and friendly, the atmosphere really enchanting and the bill reasonable.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Alaxei D
“Best Italian I've ever had in Marrakech...”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

... which, although on a list of one, shouldn't detract from how good this place is.

There is a choice between Moroccan and Italian food. We opted for Italian, just for variety, but that was excellent, just as the Moroccan food we saw coming out of the kitchen was.

Atmosphere is idyllic - try and get a seat in the courtyard if possible. The staff were great, with the maitre d walking us back to the main square after we had eaten (the restaurant is tucked away, even if well sign-posted, and you may be glad of a local guide if leaving late at night).

The only slight downside was that our waiter was slightly harried and the service appeared chaotic at times - but don't let that put you off, it was a busy night (with good reason!)!

• Visited June 2013