“Beautiful restaurant hidden away”
Review of Pepe Nero

Pepe Nero
Ranked #18 of 871 Restaurants in Marrakech
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: PEPE NERO Restaurant Marrakech : A place of flavours on motion where the senses are constantly coddled Khalid and his team represent the same soul of a single ingredient: Excellence. This where I devote myself body and soul to my passion: cooking We strive to always be precise in our gestures, attentive to the oven, skilled with knives, a sharpened sense of smell, an eye to the market, intransigent with the quality of ingredients and demanding in the kitchen.The battle I fight every day with my team is the oldest in the world:That between the hand and fire.We created the sort of restaurant we would like to find ourselves..Pepe Nero was born to engage and satisfy our passion : Taste, without any constraints or formalisms, with simplicity.But not only. We believe that there has been a generational change in customers who are rather apprehensive of locations that are over formal.With this new role we want to clear away taboos and bring haute cuisine into step with the times.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Beautiful restaurant hidden away”
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

You cant beat this for setting. Enjoyable dining experience in the centre of marakesh.
Food was well presented and service was good.
We did not book in advance so when we arrived there was no space in the courtyard but one of the side rooms was just as comfortable and nice.
My only gripe about the place is that it has two menus, one european/french/italian the other is Moroccon. I dont understand why you should be presented with two food menus and an additional drinks on top.
I chose the tuna to start which was enormous (filled a 12" plate) and the Moroccon lamb shoulder for main. I have seen others comment that the flavours and ingredients are a little confused and I tend to agree. It was the first Moroccon lamb I had served with sunday roast gravy! Having said that it was tasty and immaculately presented.
Menu overall is varied and has pasta, fish and meat dishes to select from. A two course meal for two with wine was around 700dhr but cheaper options can be chosen.
The place is tricky to find and there is no shortage of locals to show you the way for a small tip, however it is also signposted off the nearest square. I would definitely eat at his restaraunt if I returned to marakesh. If you are looking for a decent restaraunt in the area it is hard to find better.

• Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Nice restaurant, Good service..”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The restaurant was nice and had a lovely atmosphere however we were slightly disappointed with the food.

The food was tasty but not exceptional. There was also a lack of any flexibility with meals.

Other than that worth a try but don't expect too much!

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Do try this one”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Lovely restaurant thought a little tricky to find. The food, service and surrounding are excellent. Value for money.

Visited June 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely place, great service but could have cooked it myself”
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Pepe Nero was recommended by our lovely cooking teacher at house of fusion up the road (the most fantastic cookery school in Marrakech). We were given a complimentary glass of prosecco and amuse bouche to start, both unexpected and a nice surprise. We had salmon carpaccio, a little bland for my taste and I had to order lemon to squeeze over. Roast shoulder of lamb was excellent and although on the Moroccan specialties menu, was quite western, gravy included - my only complaint was that it wasn't different enough to an English roast dinner to merit top marks. Wine list was good, decor lovely in a restored riad and it was very reasonable for the price. Worth a visit!

Winchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bored of Tagine - come here”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Lovely meal. Husband had the carpaccio of tuna - beautiful. The fillet of beef was fantastic but would suggest if it don't like it rare ask for it well done and will come up medium. Chocolate Pudding was a fondant. They offer two menus - Italian and Moroccan and you can mix and match. Was surprised at the price - was expecting it to be much more