“Good place, good food, good service”
Review of Pepe Nero

Pepe Nero
Ranked #30 of 942 Restaurants in Marrakech
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: PEPE NERO Restaurant Marrakech : A place of flavours on motion where the senses are constantly coddled Khalid and his team represent the same soul of a single ingredient: Excellence. This where I devote myself body and soul to my passion: cooking We strive to always be precise in our gestures, attentive to the oven, skilled with knives, a sharpened sense of smell, an eye to the market, intransigent with the quality of ingredients and demanding in the kitchen.The battle I fight every day with my team is the oldest in the world:That between the hand and fire.We created the sort of restaurant we would like to find ourselves..Pepe Nero was born to engage and satisfy our passion : Taste, without any constraints or formalisms, with simplicity.But not only. We believe that there has been a generational change in customers who are rather apprehensive of locations that are over formal.With this new role we want to clear away taboos and bring haute cuisine into step with the times.
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Very good restaurant, excellent service. We were picked up at the main square so we did not get lost, and we were greeted with a glass of prosecco. Our table was in the beautiful courtyard, lovely atmosphere. Food was great, my husband said it was the best lamb he had in Morocco.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,768)

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We booked a table at this stunning restaurant with charming atmosphere for our 1st anniversary‘s dinner and we were highly satisfied! The wine selection was good with fair prices, the Italian food of our choice was creative and full of flavour and the service was totally faultless. We were offered a good cup of Prosecco upon arrival and for our anniversary they complimentary served a delicious cake. Easy to reach by taxi following the directions provided at the moment of the reservation. The bill was more than reasonable.

Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

We had a pleasant evening, though be warned it is in a part of Marrakech that is a little scary at night particularly if you're young and you're girlfriend's blonde. The food is good, the service warm and welcoming though the doorman will try to make some money out of you from his side-line businesses and there isn't a local in site once you get inside.

I personally think this is a perfectly great example of peer reviewing in action it's a good restaurant for most people but not a great restaurant for people who like things less generic. If you want something Moroccon there are much better places to try. For italian you'll get much better in most major cities in the UK for a lot less cost. If I'm honest my main gripe is that it's over-priced and over-hyped. It cost more than my favourite italian in London which I just don't understand! A perfectly fine evening out but I've rated it lower in an attempt to redress the balance. There are much better places in Marrakech that don't beg you to write reviews on TripAdvisor and therefore are being missed out.

1  Thank Alan M
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We just spent a week in Marrakech and ate out every night at good restaurants. We thought the food and atmosphere at every place we went couldn't get any better, but it did at Pepe Nero.
You enter into a palatial courtyard with dazzling mosaics and chandeliers and a fountain.
Service was great, with complimentary appetizers of unknown origin. We had the chicken tangine with figs and a bottle of white wine. Yum.
We didn't have a single bad meal in Morocco, but this was the best of the best...

Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

We went on our last night in Morroco and it just finished off the trip perfectly! Fantastic food, fantastic staff, fantastic decore and fantastic atmosphere! What more could you ask for? If I ever go back to Morroco I will definitely be coming back to this restaurant - without a doubt!