New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“The culinary highlight of our 5 day trip!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pepe Nero

Pepe Nero
Ranked #14 of 768 Restaurants in Marrakech
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: PEPE NERO Restaurant Marrakech : A place of flavours on motion where the senses are constantly coddled Khalid and his team represent the same soul of a single ingredient: Excellence. This where I devote myself body and soul to my passion: cooking We strive to always be precise in our gestures, attentive to the oven, skilled with knives, a sharpened sense of smell, an eye to the market, intransigent with the quality of ingredients and demanding in the kitchen.The battle I fight every day with my team is the oldest in the world:That between the hand and fire.We created the sort of restaurant we would like to find ourselves..Pepe Nero was born to engage and satisfy our passion : Taste, without any constraints or formalisms, with simplicity.But not only. We believe that there has been a generational change in customers who are rather apprehensive of locations that are over formal.With this new role we want to clear away taboos and bring haute cuisine into step with the times.
York, United Kingdom
“The culinary highlight of our 5 day trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Given the excellent reviews our expectations were high and we were not disappointed. Outside it was raining, and we were rather stressed from the continual verbal approaches of the souk's stallholders, but on entering the restaurant, we all instantly relaxed and settled down to enjoy a delicious meal in beautiful surroundings. The free glass of sparkling wine, offered as an aperitif, soothed our nerves and we were spoilt for choice from the menu. In the end we mixed moroccan starters with Italian main courses and thoroughly enjoyed the excellent red wine we had chosen.
As a coeliac I was thrilled to see menu items clearly marked and there was a wide choice on offer!!!

Do book in advance, we sent an email the day before, don't worry about locating the restaurant as the way is well signposted from the main square and request a table in the main courtyard.
You won't be disappointed!

Visited March 2013

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“URGING EVERYONE TO GO”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

I went to Marrakech for 10 days recently and I can wholeheartedly say this was the best part of it.

I found that many restaurants in marrakech either had amazing food and bad service or amazing service and bad food but this restaurant has incredible service standards and the food is to die for!

We tried to go here a couple days before and it was fully booked so we weren't able to eat there however one of the staff actually walked us to a nearby restaurant which he recommended which I thought was a nice touch. I highly recommend booking in advance as when we ate there all tables were reserved.

On arrival we were both given a glass of champagne and told it was restaurant policy. A very nice touch! We were able to choose from an Italian Moroccan menu and could mix and match from either and we chose the Moroccan menu. We shared a Moroccan salad, pigeon pastilla, slow roasted lamb and pastilla au lait. All amazing!

We were asked in between our courses if we were ready for the next one which was also nice as I find many restaurants want to rush you out of there.

The presentation of the restaurant is faultless and service incredible. If in marrakech you need to visit this restaurant. For two people we spent around £50 with water and wine but we shared everything.

Be very wary however to look on their website before you head there as it is very easy to get lost. I used google maps on the first day and it took me though all these empty alleyways to the back entrance (I think) and we had loads of people following us which wasn't nice. Also if you go the route where the restaurant shows on the website - if you go this way it is well signposted, be aware that locals will try and get you to take the turning before and make you get lost and then take you a different way so they can get money.

“dont rush!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

went to this restaurant for lunch and, arriving at about 1pm were the first to arrive. A bit off the beaten track but they have signed it fairly well. The staff were extremely polite and freindly. We thought we had allowed enough time but the food didn't arrive until about 30-40 mins later which would not ordinarily be a problem except we had an appointment in the afternoon. The harira soup was not just the best harira soup but one of the best soups I have ever had and almost a meal in itself. The second course of guinea foul ravioli was also superb. Sadly it enede up being a bit of a dine and dash but undoubtedly the best meal I have eaten in Marrakech (including the other highly reated). Unfussy and superbly done. Lovely Riad too

• Visited March 2013
Redditch, United Kingdom
“Birthday celebration”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We received a wonderful warm welcome at Pepe Nero we were met by the restaurant door man in Jemaa el Fna outside another restaurant. He walked with us to the restaurant ( having got lost by ourselves earlier in the evening; a very uncomfortable experience!!!!!) my advice would be get to the square and ring to be collected. Do not rely on sat nav on phone the location of restaurent is not correct. The pepe nero is housed in a beautiful building so much to see and admire. The restaurant staff are very very friendly and have a good sense of humour. The food was very good and would definitely return. We had a lovely evening celebrating my husbands birthday; it was a lovely touch that they brought him a birthday cake to the table with no additional charge. Thank you Pepe Nero for a wonderful evening.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Beckybigbird
Liverpool
“Red-carpet service and high quality food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Though the restaurant is placed in the end of narrow alleyways in the old part of Marrakech; the traditional setting and the imperial decor of the restaurant as well as the tasty and delicious meals are worth the experience. I tried the restaurant only once as I had my first and single trip to Morocco and my wife and I have decided to consider it as our prior choice before anywhere else. It's the most fantastic and best italian restaurant I've tried. So; if you're looking for food quality and true Italian cuisine; give it a try and live the moment.

• Visited March 2013