“Best restaurant in Marrakech” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pepe Nero

Pepe Nero
Ranked #17 of 762 Restaurants in Marrakech
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: PEPE NERO Restaurant Marrakech : A place of flavours on motion where the senses are constantly coddled Khalid and his team represent the same soul of a single ingredient: Excellence. This where I devote myself body and soul to my passion: cooking We strive to always be precise in our gestures, attentive to the oven, skilled with knives, a sharpened sense of smell, an eye to the market, intransigent with the quality of ingredients and demanding in the kitchen.The battle I fight every day with my team is the oldest in the world:That between the hand and fire.We created the sort of restaurant we would like to find ourselves..Pepe Nero was born to engage and satisfy our passion : Taste, without any constraints or formalisms, with simplicity.But not only. We believe that there has been a generational change in customers who are rather apprehensive of locations that are over formal.With this new role we want to clear away taboos and bring haute cuisine into step with the times.
London, United Kingdom
“Best restaurant in Marrakech”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We decided to have dinner at on our first night in Marrakech after reading reviews on Trip Advisor. We took a chance turned up at the restaurant without a reservation and gladly we were given a table straight away.
Once seated we were offered a complimentary glass of champagne and starter. Once that was done and our orders placed, we were in for a truly wonderful dining experience. The atmosphere inside makes you instantly forget the chaos that is Marrakech. We had a salmon starter and lasagne for the main. I have to say that's possibly on of the best lasagnes i've ever had. It just melted in your mouth. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we came back 2 days later again without a reservation and were given a table straight away (the staff also recognised us from our previous visit). We had a seat in the left side room and that was really cosy and private with only a few tables around. Don't forget to have a look at the ceiling. Utterly beautiful carvings.
Will dine here everything night if I visit Marrakech again

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Fairly grand Moroccan-Italian restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Built in a large riad with multiple rooms, Pepe Nero serves reliable but not especially exciting Moroccan and Italian food. Service is excellent, and we even got a free cake when we mentioned we were there for a celebration.

Ask for a good table - near the fountain - or you may end up in one of the side rooms, which are a little dingey (although you prefer to be somewhere cozier and more private).

Visited November 2012
Province of Malaga, Spain
“In a class of its own”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We'd booked this restaurant in advance by internet, and it was good we did, as it was full on the Saturday night - and we were a group of 8 people. The food, service, ambience - everything, was excellent. You could not find fault with this restaurant. When we tried to book for the Sunday it was impossible as they were fully booked. If you want to experience the marvellous dining experience in this beautiful place, be sure to book in advance.

Bali, Indonesia
“Mum's 60th birthday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I booked a table for my parents so they could celebrate my mum's 60th birthday. I booked via email (on recommendation from their hotel). Pepe Nero were fast and efficient in confirming the booking and taking my details so charge the bill.
Both parents were blown away by their evening there. By her account, the food was delicious, the place absolutely beautiful and the staff brilliant. They arranged a lovely table for them and even organised a cake for her.
I only hope to experience it for myself one day...!

• 4 of 5 stars
Brussels, Belgium
“Best restaurant of Marrakech!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

When my boyfriend and I went to the restaurant in the afternoon, without a reservation, it turned out the restaurant was closed around that time, so the staff could prepare for dinner. We were too late for lunch. Still, the staff decided to let us in and served us the best meal we had in Marrakech! We were the only people in the restaurant, because officially the restaurant was closed. That was such a special experience, not least because the building is beautiful. It's an old palace with a fountain inside. The staff even spoiled us by giving us free Prosecco and a free dish. They were so kind! I recommend everyone to visit this restaurant, but make sure you make a reservation! While having lunch every table for the night was already reserved!

• Visited October 2012