“Great food, inconsistent service”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Pepe Nero

Pepe Nero
Ranked #22 of 860 Restaurants in Marrakech
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: PEPE NERO Restaurant Marrakech : A place of flavours on motion where the senses are constantly coddled Khalid and his team represent the same soul of a single ingredient: Excellence. This where I devote myself body and soul to my passion: cooking We strive to always be precise in our gestures, attentive to the oven, skilled with knives, a sharpened sense of smell, an eye to the market, intransigent with the quality of ingredients and demanding in the kitchen.The battle I fight every day with my team is the oldest in the world:That between the hand and fire.We created the sort of restaurant we would like to find ourselves..Pepe Nero was born to engage and satisfy our passion : Taste, without any constraints or formalisms, with simplicity.But not only. We believe that there has been a generational change in customers who are rather apprehensive of locations that are over formal.With this new role we want to clear away taboos and bring haute cuisine into step with the times.
London
“Great food, inconsistent service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

We went twice in our stay as the first time we went it was fantastic, but we didn't get to sit in the courtyard which looked really stunning. We went back having booked a table in the courtyard, the food was equally as good but the service was all over the shop! Go for the food, it was better than a lot of places, ask to be in the courtyard and don't book after 9pm!

• Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
nottingham
“Fantastic extras”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

A really lovely place and very generous with the extras. glass of bubbly and amuse bouche on the house - fab.
Food was really nicely cooked and presented, and not pretty reasonably priced.
have eaten in lots of marrakech restaurants and this rates as one of the best value.

• Visited October 2012
“A good place to have a quiet night out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

The prices are high for Marrakech standards, but the quality is good, so it is worth it. My kids loved it, specially the pasta dishes, and they are very picky with the quality of the pasta they eat. I would recommend the traditional cooking though, it is excellent.

worcestershire
“Wonderful place to spend my birthday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

7 of us spent the night before my birthday here, only because they do not open on a Monday my actual birthday, and we really made the right choice! I had booked ahead in the Uk and were given a table in the beautiful courtyard. Perfect! As has been said before, a glass of proseco was served as soon as we were seated which was lovely. As I had read that portions were large, none of us chose a starter, but were given a lovely little pastry, prawn starter for the non veggies and a lovely aubergine stack for the veggie. 3 of us chose the Moroccan slow roasted lamb which was both huge and out of this world, we had fillet steak, a tagine a risotto and somthing else I can't remember. Everyone agreed the food quality was outstanding and we all struggled to finish. We had some lovely Moroccan red wine. At the end of the meal the lights were dimmed and the very attentive waiter brought in a gorgeous birthday cake, very like a chocolate cheesecake but better, whch was lovely. It was so huge that 7 of us couldn't finish it. We finished with coffee's.
A lot has been said previously about slow service, I don't know if these are justified but we found the service was excellent, you were given time to enjoy your meal then allow time before dessert etc. The waiter was very attentive and the service was on a par or even better than any top restaurant we have eaten at. The setting is breathtaking, it was like walking into the enchanted garden after the little dingy alleys. It is not difficult to find if you follow the signs from the Cafe de France and are not put of by anyone offering to show you the way. The man waiting at the top of the last alley in the red uniform will then lead you back to the square after your meal. We found the price very good, a little lower than we would pay in a reasonable restaurant here at home. I really cannot find anything to fault and am so pleased that my research before hand lead me to this place and when I return to Marrakech, which I am sure I will, we will definately be returning.

• Visited October 2012
London, United Kingdom
“excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Oasis in Marrakech. It was not easy to find so will need taxi but well worth, the place was super and the meal superb