“A perfect oasis” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #364 of 1,177 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Bristol, United Kingdom
“A perfect oasis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights between Christmas and New Year. Kawthar, her family and staff couldn't have made it a more enjoyable experience. Particular highlights were -
Pleasing and peaceful ambiance, perfect location in the heart of the old town
Thoughtful and thorough briefing on the delights of Marrakech
Dinner on our arrival, and on our return from another long day in the Atlas Mountains
Home cooked breakfasts on the roof terrace
Help and advice in booking trips and visits
Hamman and treatment using the Riad's facilities

We have no reservations in recommending this family run Riad to other prospective travellers to Marrakech

Room Tip: Our room on the ground floor was very comfortable. Next time we'll aim for something overlooking...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Amazing place, fantastic location. Hosts address your every need with outmost care. Couldn't expect more ;) Very quiet and intimate, yet a few minutes walk to Medina. Would highly recommend for a romantic stay.

• Stayed September 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

The oriental team has redefined the meaning of hospitality. Would recommend anybody staying here. Rooms are very nice, roof terrace is great, pool is refreshing. The service is top. Road is 7 minutes away from main square in small alley. Feels cosy and save.

• Stayed October 2012
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We stayed at this beautiful riad for a week and were made to feel welcome and at home. The owners were incredibly friendly and couldn't do enough for us, giving advice on where to go, which restaurants to visit, how much to tip taxi drivers etc. I was poorly for the last couple of days and they were so kind, I really felt as if I was being looked after by my family. It was lovely to come back to the peace and calm of the riad, after the madness of Marrakech. It was pretty hot while we were there, so we did sight seeing stuff in the mornings and spent the afternoons relaxing by the pool, and sunbathing on the terrace once the real heat of the sun had gone. The airconditioned rooms were a god-send. We had a meal there one evening and it was absolutely delicious and beautifully presented. My husband had a hammam and massage and loved it. I wasn't well at the time so missed out :(. I highly recommend staying at Le Pavillon Oriental and wouldn't hesitate to go back, if ever we make a return trip to Marrakech.

Room Tip: If I were to go again, I"d try for a room on the first floor rather than the ground floor. And...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alexthesec
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I can't shower enough praise on the Pavillon Oriental. I was a bit dubious upon seeing a riad that only has 5-star ratings, but after staying here for two nights, I can easily see why. The riad is only about one year old and was painstakingly restored by its owners, who gave me a veritable architectural tour upon arrival. You can tell they put their all into making this like a special home. They made me feel like one of the family the whole time I was there, and we spent hours chatting to while away the brutal heat. I was unlucky enough to hit a crushing heat wave with temps of up to 46º, but I did not feel at all sad about missing the sights as I whiled away the hours by the pool, or taking with Hajj, who was patient with my elementary Arabic. (choukrane, Hajj!)... Home-cooked meals, an enormous breakfast, a location that is tucked away in a quiet corner but very easy to find, and close to the main plaza, countless wonderful restaurants and sights... I seriously cannot think of anything negative to say. The room was beautiful, the inner courtyard breathtaking... I could go on and on, but just *insert praise here* :) Enjoy Marrakesh!

Room Tip: they are all beautiful, though perhaps nice to be upstairs. if you can splurge for the suite, i saw...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank nac52
Norwich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

This is an exquisite retreat that is an absolute joy to return to after the big hit of the square and surrounding streets. We were genuinely treated like friends. It was wonderful to hear the sounds of family life around us in the Riad and to wake up to birdsong. Having a hammam and massage on the roof top terrace in the 45 degree heat was quite a challenge but it was the perfect end to our stay.
Believe the reviewers - we agree completely with everything already written. This is a very special place. Thank you for a wonderful stay! We will definitely return and recommend it to all our friends and family.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KarenNorwich
Monaco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I went there with my boyfriend for a four day gateway. We absolutely had a truly wonderful time. The place was spotless clean and spacious. The staff was warm and welcoming, made us feel as we are at our own home. The food was fantastic, prepared fresh everyday!

It was very quiet and peaceful inside, a great change from the rush outside. We will be definitely back.

Thank you for making our stay so special!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple