“a lovely desert trip”

Best Of Merzouga - Day Tour
Ranked #362 of 658 Outdoor Activities in Marrakech
More attraction details
Owner description: BEST MERZOUGA TOURS is a travel company with many years of experience in the field of tourism. We offer cultural tours of Morocco that highlight the best of our country. We offer a variety of tours and can tailor one especially for you to suit your interests and your budget. Our Sahara desert tours offer you lifetime experience (sleeping under the stars , the sunrise from the top of a giant sand-dune). We offers guided tours in comfortable air-conditioned 4x4 vehicles and mini-buses. You will be personally welcomed at any airport, train/bus/ferry station or from your hotel anywhere in Morocco and welcomed with a glass of traditional mint tea.
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I and my family spent 4 terrific nights and 5 days in a nice car with a guide/driver exploring the fantastic scenery and culture of Morocco from Fez to Marrakech.This was a terrific tour from beginning to end.We stayed in great accomodations (original and well equipped), ate really well, asked many questions and learned a lot. Our driver was incredibly responsive and helpfull. One of the highlights was an off-the-beaten track diversion into the remote and vaste Atlas mountains where we had tea and conversation with a Berber nomadic family (woman and children). We have traveled a lot and this was the first time we used a tour company, rather than doing it on our own. I highly recommend this company. They are professional, responsive and eager to please to make your trip special. I particularly appreciate Moha's help in tailoring this lovely trip. We are happy to recommend his services to everyone.

2  Thank evelyne r
in 3 reviews
"driving skills"
"sahara desert"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"berber music"
in 17 reviews
"abdou"
"scenery"

Reviewed November 14, 2012

My sister annd I recently joined a 4 days 3 nights tour from Marrakech with Best of Merzouga and it was an excellent tour. Initially, I had some doubts over the accommodations booked but I can say that they were all very excellent, especially the desert overnight stay. Brahim was a crazy and great guide and provided much information about Morocco. He was also very funny and accommodating and you will feel safe about his driving as he will avoid/slow down at bumpy areas to try to make the ride as smooth as possible.
Also, we were not brought to shops to make purchases and we were only brought to shops based on our own requests, so there's no concern that one will be coerced to buy things from anywhere.
Overall, Morocco is a very beautiful place and safe for travellers to come and have fun. If I go to Morocco again, I would definitely book a tour with you guys again! Thanks Brahim and it was so SHIOK!

3  Thank YongJoo05
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I and my wife have just returned From Morocco.We have been in merzouga where we stayed 2 nights in the desert .Ali ,our guide was very knowledge
and we had really great time with him .we stayed in two différent camps which were very quiet and very clean.It was à great experience.We are happy to recommend this company to everyone who wishes to experience the real desert.

2  Thank Martamarti
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Me and my girlfriend contacted many tour organisations, but Best of Merzouga offered us the best tour. Not only the price was good, also the contact by email was good. I had many questions about the trip and transport to/from Merzouga, and all of the questions were answered. After a nightbus from Fes, we were picked up in the early morning by car, had breakfast and lunch and a room to sleep. At 5pm we started the tour with 9 tourist, for 1.5 hours to our camp for the night. Good camp,good place to sleep, good food and a beautiful experience to see so many stars!
The next morning we continued for 1.5 hours untill we reached a little camp for the afternoon. We were the only 2 tourist with the camel-man, the others returned to Kasbah Mohayut. At the end of the afternoon, when the temperature dropped a little bit, we continued to our second nightcamp. The next morning we returned to the Kasbah and had a good breakfast. We had no car, so we needed a taxi. We were offered to drive with the owner to Risanni to get a taxi over there, because it is a bit difficult to get a taxi from Merzouga.
Not only the cameltour was really great, also the service in Mohayut was great. We found it a very good service that the owner gave us the possibility to save us money for the taxi. We will recommend everybody who goes to Merzouga, to contact Best of Merzouga from Kasbah Mohayut. The tour is really great and the service is very good.

1  Thank Renzedewit
See more reviews
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from Morocco where we used the Best of Merzouga to organize a 3 day trip from Marrakesh to Fez via Merzouga. From the planning stages Moha was great about providing information about the various options available and didn't fail to deliver. The deal we got from this agency was by the far the best I received (and I had contacted about 20 different agencies for packages) with no compromise on the service. From the time our driver Omar arrived (perfectly on time) to when he dropped us off in Fez, he was excellent. Not only was he a safe driver and very accommodating, but he provided us titbits about the country, culture and politics that we would not have otherwise learned. Unliike a lot of other agencies we were not forced to stop at shops that would make us buy unneccesary things, but rather just at the main sights. At the same time Omar was very flexible and stopped whenever we wanted a break or to take photos. He spoke great English and was friendly and a pleasure to travel with. The hotels we stayed at were good as well, and we especially enjoyed our night in the desert. We were given the opportunity to leave our stuff at Hotel Mohayut before we headed out for our camel trek at sunset. The tents we spent the night in at the desert were also comfortable (they actually had beds, which i didn't expect). Overall there were no hidden costs that we were slammed with and the dinners and breakfast was included. I would highly recommend using the Best of Merzouga to plan any trip in Morocco, especially if you are interested in seeing the Sahara desert!

3  Thank Archie1666