The Riad is very beautiful and well located, but we have a lot of remarks that could have been better. We stayed there for 4 nights
- we had to stay in another riad for 2 nights (with a smaller room, though we paid for a 'superior room'). This is a comment that I have read several times here and I think they do this on purpose. It's not ideal to change rooms and building in the middle of your holiday.
- Breakfast was in the other riad, so we had to cross the street and wait until somebody opened the door in het morning. One morning we had to wait for 15 minutes, because the person who had the key was gone.
- We wanted to do the guided tour, fixed 9 o'clock, but in the morning apparently the guide would come at 10 o'clock. So we waited for another hour. When the guide still wasn't there at 10h30, we left, pissed off, because it was already getting really hot and we lost practically whole morning. They never gave us a rain check for the guided tour.
- We had several things included in our voucher, but half of them we didn't do: guide didn't show up, we couldn't go to the hammam,...
- We had two dinners included. First night, we only got some chicken (no vegetables, no couscous) and only water. Second night was better.
- Breakfast was horrible, old bread, no fruits, coffee and juice were ok
- in our first room there was almost no water in the shower and it was cold
- we only got a small piece of soap. When you think that the price is 75€/night, you'd expect at least some shampoo
- The staff was always friendly, but very slow to make arrangements and gave us several times wrong information
Some positif points: beautiful riad, in the other riad there was a turtle living in the patio.
Even when you go with a grouponvoucher, you'd expect some of these things being better. I prefer staying in a riad instead of a hotel outside the medina, but we will never come back to this one!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Guest House is 200 year old and consists of:4 double rooms and 2 family suitesAll are equipped with bathroom, toilet, air conditioning, additional heating (on request), hairdryer, safe, great bedding, wireless internet access throughout the house.Featuring a large patio with a fountain in the middle, Riad Abhar offers a large living room fireplace with a beautiful terrace solarium with panoramic views over the medina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Riad ABHAR reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Abhar Hotel Marrakech