WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #48 of 511 Hotels in Marrakech
Athens, Greece
“An Oasis in Marrakech”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

We stayed at Four Seasons Marrakech for 3 nights in April 2014. One word . Amazing. We were for free upgraded to a suite . The entrance with the flowers and the harp player make your arrival something you will never forget.
Surrounding gardens and pools an oasis . Fantastic room . Excellent service , 2 swimming pools one for adults only very relaxing
Take your time for breakfast and try their orange juice (one of the best ever) and ham . Food is very good at the pool bar . We also tried the very good Italian restaurant .
Take your coffee at sunset at the entrance bar.
If you travel with children there is an amazing Play Room and yard with Basket Ball , Ping-pong , Billiard , Game Consoles , Games like Monopoly and Cluedo . Everything children need.
That's why Four Seasons is always a must .

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Npasxa,

You are so so nice to write about us, to take the time to say good things about the team and the Resort. Thank you very much. I am Felix Murillo, the General Manager of the Four Seasons Resort Marrakech.

I only hope that one day you return, please let me know, my direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Felix

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

We stayed at this amazing hotel to celebrate our 20th Wedding anniversary last week and I can say the service by the staff was incredible. We have stayed in good hotels all over the world but the service has never been so good. On the first morning at breakfast the mangoes in the fruit section had run out, when I asked the waiter about it he informed me they were all finished. Within the hour there was a knock at our bedroom door and there stood the waiter with a plate of cut mangoes for me. Great service, beautiful roses everywhere. A tranquil place away from the hustle of the city. The boys by the pool were also really good at bringing fruit and drinks out through out the day. They were also really helpful at finding you somewhere to sit and moving umbrellas. Thank you for a really memorable stay.

Dear LoveHoliday22,

You know what is special. What our waiter did during your stay, as much as others may say, can not be trained. This was something that came directly from his heart. I did not know. And he did not tell anybody. It is so special that you mentioned it to me, because it gives me the chance now to go back to the team and give him a super praise. I am Felix Murillo, the General Manager of the Four Seasons Resort Marrakech.

I can not thank you enough for having shared your experience. It gives me a great feeling today!
Please if I may ever be of any assistance within Four Seasons or Morocco, please let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Yours respectfully,

Hartley Wintney, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

My husband and I spent a couple of days in the luxury of Four Seasons Marrakesh celebrating our
Silver Wedding Anniversary, I think we struck "Gold." !!
The service given by every member of staff was of most high courteous standard.
The interior was a treat with lavish bouquets of roses everywhere. Our bedroom spacious with al view of beautiful garden landscaping was a perfect setting for us with the most beautiful swimming pool i have ever swam in (slate lined) and the back drop of the snowcapped Atlas Mountains was the "icing on the cake " !!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear DandJW1989,

We are the ones that are very grateful for you to have chosen us to celebrate this special landmark in your life. Thank you. And let me know if I may be of any assistance at all, my direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Yours cordially,

Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

We stayed at Four season for a week in late Feb 2014. We bought pick up service from the airport and paid approx. 100 Euro, however the hotel lies literary 10 min. from the airport with a taxi. So it is a total rip off - we recommend just paying a taxi driver out side instead.

Our hotel room/suite was faboulus. We stayed in the pavillion villa with own little (cold) pool, but I was so nice and ok private. The service and staff was amazing throughout our stay. SPA treatment was good and staff treatment at the pool was also great. Yoga classes was also good. We were really treated well and I felt showered with flowers, when we came to the room and ate at the restaurant. We ate at all of the: the best is Bleu d'Orange.

Room Tip: Breakfast is ok, but you get a bit tired of the same breakfast every day. However Juices were fantas...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Annie_M_Schultz
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear Annie_M_Schultz,

Thank you very much for coming all the way from Denmark. Although it is a direct flight it is still 4 hours. I know well as my wife was born in Kolding and her family now lives permanently in Tischvilde. Sorry I am going off track! It must be the late hour. My name is Felix Murillo, I am the General Manager of the Four Seasons Resort Marrakech.

I take a good list of things to work on from your stay i.e. Pick up price from Airport and the plounge pool heating did not work 100 percent in your suite. I am so happy to hear that we were able to connect well with you during your stay. Thank you very much Annie_M_Schultz for taking a bit of time to talk about them. It is great! Please let me know when you return, my direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Yours Cordially,

london
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

Went only to snoop around and to eat lunch. We ordered chicken curry that turned out to be more chicken than curry. Still very new so needs time to mature. At moment little sense of place, few trees, lots of cement. Beautiful water features. You can sense it's corporate-owned and expect it to be what it is, a safe reliable oasis for the very wealthy. Banker friendly beige tones and plush pinks in public areas. A bit far from town but if you don't mind spending time with golfers from America this is your place.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank AliceinMaasailand
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear aliceinmaasailand,

One lunch it takes to go down the numbers, one lunch. But as someone said in Hospitality we are as good as our last meal... And yours was not memorable. I am so sorry for it. And as much as it hurts the low rating, I thank you very much for being there and take the time to write about us.

One thing is clear about us, we are not about the fufu, the sauce or the outside look. We bring the protein out; our heart is out there and I would just have loved for you to give us just a bit more of time to show it. Just a bit more time.

Would you consider to come back? Maybe you are still in Marrakech, please give us another chance. I promise you that we will do all to show you more the genuine care that comes from each and every employee of the Resort. My telephone number is +212 524359200, my direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Respectfully,

Cowes, Isle of Wight, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

Four Seasons

We stayed here for a week in late March.

Check in: our taxi pulled up under the covered entrance and we were guided onto a red carpet and into the main communal area. We were given time to relax on a settee with a mint tea while the staff checked us in. Our rooms were upgraded and I was soon in 224.

Room: 224 is a large room with a big bathroom, a huge, deep bath and a separate, excellent shower. Very comfy bed. Table and chairs. A separate dressing room. Wifi. Large, flat screen TV with Sky News, BBC World & Food Network. Bedside radio/iPod docking station. There is a hub under the TV to connect to the wired internet and charge iDevices etc. Overhead rotating fan.

The aircon had me stumped for a moment but I sussed it. The room had a balcony with settees but I didn't sit on it. The chambermaid service is excellent and I left a good tip.

Communal areas: everywhere is spotless and there's always a member of staff to ask for a coffee or a drink. I'm not into cut flowers but the rose display is special. Log fires are lit on chilly evenings. There is an attractive sitting room with a good selection of books on Morocco.

Food: on the first night we had the Moroccan Feast in the Solano Restaurant. Belly dancers appeared. Very impressive but we didn't do it justice.

We ate one night in the Last Call sports bar; beer and burgers are the order of the day here. There are four plasmas showing football and they will changed the channels for you to watch what you like.

Below the Last Call is the more formal Italian restaurant, the Blue de Orange. Recommend for one night if you are there for a week.

Breakfast is great and is served every morning in the Solano restaurant. You can pretty much have anything you like. A great start to the day. There is a menu but you'll need to ask for it.

The pool-side restaurant is very nice. The food is perfect for a midday meal and an escape from the -sometimes- overpowering African sun.

Location: quite. 5 minute taxi ride to Jemaa el Fna square. The gardens are lovely and quiet, with only the odd plane taking off take away from the near-total tranquility. The staff will get you a taxi and negotiate the price for you.

Facilities: lovely pool! Nicest pool I have come across. The lifeguard is really attentive. Plenty of loungers when we were there. Quite closely spaced but okay.

Two main pools; adults and a family pool. Also a jacuzzi pool with a waterfall adjacent to the adults pool.

Tented beds around the pool provide maximum shade. Lifeguard will position parasols for you.

Wifi is okay but didn't seem to,work in the Solano restaurant. The hotel charged me incorrectly for the enhanced wifi service, but immediately removed it when I pointed out that I didn't use it.

The Young Adults Centre is cool with pool, table football, computers (Macs & PCs), XBOX, board games and a cinema. The member of staff will play you at pool if you like.

They have an ATM machine next to reception.

The concierge organised a trip to the Atlas Mountains with lunch at Kasbah Tamadot. They upgraded us to a Range Rover which was appreciated.

Staff/Service: A-mazing! We came away thinking this is +the best+ service and staff we have ever come across. The couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. Simply awesome.

Overall: thoroughly recommended. We loved it. I'm sure you will too.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear eclipsemullet,

Thank you, thank you, thank you. For taking the time, for being so thorough, for being nice to us. My name is Felix Murillo, I am the General Manager of the Four Seasons Resort Marrakech. It was a nice moral boost the other day to read your review. Please forgive me if it took a few days to reply, but I wanted to come back to you with the good news after your comment about the Wifi in the Restaurant Solano.

We did it! now when you arrive at the Restaurant you become automatically connected to the Wifi, The same in all other Restaurants. Thank you for bringing the point up. You were right, it was something that we needed to work on and make it happen.

The next step is at the Gym and the Spa, you did not mentioned it, but we thought that the same feeling would apply here.

If I may ever be of any assistance eclipsmullet, whether within Four Seasons or Morocco, please let me know. I would love to be of help. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Southampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

This is really one of the best hotel I stayed in. I went for a conference for 4 days and really enjoyed the food, sun and bedroom. It is hard to fault anything in this hotel except maybe the price. But then again quality always comes at a price! Overall a beautiful hotel. It is in the centre but not best location if you want to walk around. It is too far for walking to the medina for example.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Pascal G,

My name is Felix Murillo, I am the General Manager of the Four Seasons Resort Marrakech. I read your note and I just look forward now to print it and share it with the team. It feels good. You have been very kind and I really respect you. Thank you.

May I take the opportunity to say something about the location. For those ones that come for the first time to Marrakech and think that it is all about being inside the Medina or super close, that that is what it should be. There is something about the energy of the Medina that is fantastic that you want to feel it. However there is also something about Marrakech, to rest about being in the Medina, and finding the balance. At times it is also overwhelming, there is where we come in... 5 minutes ride from it, it is just a one straight road with 2 traffic lights that brings you there, true you would not walk it under the Sun (takes about 45 minutes) but a super short cab ride.

There is something about resting from the Medina, to just lay on the pool, walk in the gardens, the space, disconnect a bit.

Please let me know Pascal G, next time you come to Marrakech, from where you live is less than a 3 hours flight and no time difference, we are 5 minutes away from the Airport, and I would love to be of assistance. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.