Four Seasons Resort Marrakech
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$173
$258
  • Pool
$541
Orbitz.com
Riad El Sagaya(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
$42
$669
$638
Cancelon
1,430 results
All reviewsfamily pooladult poolpavilion roomrange roverbeautiful resortkids clubwalk in wardrobepool servicerooftop barpool restaurantminutes from the airportclose to the airportlarge balconymain buildingla mamouniatennis courtsa short taxi ride
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We spent here 3 nights. Hotel is superb, beautiful, well kept gardens, nice pools. The room was big, spacious, bright, with a nice big bathroom.
Hotel lobby is lovely, has tens of vases full of thousands beautiful pink and red roses.
We were actually given an upgrade by the hotel, as we had booked a deluxe room (situated in the hotel building) and at check-in they gave us a pavilion room, this being actually located in one of the villas.
The room was very nice, as I said, but the walls waaay too thin (one afternoon I wanted to take a nap, but the housekeeping next-door was so loud, I couldn t sleep). I actually went out and asked them three times to be a bit less noisy, but the women from housekeeping didn t seem to care about my request, they went on laughing, talking and slamming doors…
The bed mattress was too soft, not me nor my husband could sleep well. And there were no teaspoons in the minibar (only some plastic sticks), which as a matter of fact is unacceptable for a 5 star hotel. There also was no milk for the coffee.
Gym is very nice, also the spa is nice, has good therapists. Restaurants serve good food, the sports bar was nice, good service.
Staff is very helpful, smiling and nice, but somehow chaotic. Also, they do not understand much English and their directions (through the resort) may be misleading. They also may completely mess up your order (bringing you the wrong wine, for instance, it happened to us in the Azera Grill restaurant). They should simply have said they do not speak English, as my French is pretty good…These matters are no big deal, of course, in a 3 star resort, but not in a Four Seasons, as their prices are high and they simply do not live up to their name...
Other than these downsides, I loved the is hotel and I liked spending time in Marrakech.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank obsessedbytravelling
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear obsessedbytraveling,

I wish the housekeeper that was working next door to your room while you were having a nap, would have been sensitive and report what we call a ´´glitch´´ call. But it did not happened and I nobody else was able to apologize to you and maybe, just maybe, you would have also shared more things and maybe we could have make you feel great. I am so sorry!

You like to spend time in Marrakech and perhaps you feel we deserve a little chance to show you a bit better and polish what was not super. Please let me know, my direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com

Respectfully,

Reviewed March 15, 2014

The Four Seasons Resort in Marrakech is stunningly beautiful, immaculately maintained, professionally operated. It is outside the old walled city, in a stand-alone, resort setting. That is one of its great charms, but also its greatest drawback. If you are traveling to Marrakech for the lovely weather and plan to sit by one of the pools, relax in the quiet of this lovely oasis and enjoy the fabulous spa, this is the place for you. If, on the other hand, you are interested in experiencing the sights, sounds, smells, and feel of the old city, try something inside the Medina. La Maison Arabe is fantastic, with one of the finest restaurants in the city. Riad le Clos des Arts is a romantic gem. If budget is not of concern, The Royal Mansour is incredible.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Harrison1964

Dear harrison1964,

This is a difficult one.... What is the right location?

It is to be inside the Medina close by to the souks and the Fna square. There you can walk everywhere and you stay in one of the Riads.
You may find that stay all the time in the Medina is overwhelming and think that the Four Seasons is not one of those resorts super far away. It is actually 5 minutes by taxi. And then you can really come to Marrakech and stay at the pool, and relax and enjoy the super good weather here.

Harrison1964, thank you for talking about us, for being frank. I am Felix Murillo the General Manager of the Four Seasons Resort Marrakech. Of course my opinion is also subjective. I give my life to this Resort and I look after it, so I see the good things.

Thank you for saying nice things about the people of the Resort and how we care for it. I really appreciate.

Please let me know if I may ever be of any assistance within Four Seasons. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Respectfully,

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Hi,
I recently stayed here for a work meeting for four nights. On arrival I was greeted with great warmth and friendliness after a long trip down. The tea was a nice touch and I was escorted to my room. What can I say - the level of comfort was amazing i only wish I could have stayed longer in the bed each day!
Food wise the breakfast was great - no complaints. Great service each morning and nice fresh food. Each day we had a buffet lunch which was average in my opinion. I did not find the fish that tasty but otherwise the salads were nice.
Each day the staff were always very friendly and attentive which was a pleasant surprise. I would really like to come back some day in a personal capacity.

Room Tip: My room was on the ground floor on the west side of the hotel and it was lovely.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank traveller821

Dear traveller821,

It is late, almost one in the morning and now I am going to leave for home for tonight happy! I am Felix Murillo, the General Manager of the Four Seasons Resort Marrakech.

Your review brought a smile in me. I leave thinking of how much I thank how lucky to work with a team that were graceful enough to be attentive to you and friendly. Thank you for taking a bit of your time to write nice things about the Resort and the people in it.

If one day you want to scape again please let me know, remember that we are 3 hours away only and there is no time change. Let me know, my direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com

Fondly,

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Wonderfully close to the airport/city centre but not blighted by noise this is the perfect location for a quiet stay in Marrakech.
In most respects this is a very good holiday hotel only let down by minor niggles.
Our accommodation was comfortable and the linen of a good quality, but the room service was very uneven. On the first day the suite was not serviced until early afternoon which got us off to a bad start. A deeply irritating issue was room service tapping on the door to make up the sofa bed and turn down the room every evening just when we were sitting on the sofa to enjoy a drink at 7pm - it took most of the week to instil that after 20.00hrs was our preferred time. Glasses were not replaced when removed and both tea mugs had large chips in them. The other annoyance with the room was the breakdown in wifi for most of our stay and the fact that no one communicated the fact that the service was available in the reception area.
On the plus side, our suite had a lovely sun filled terrace and garden, the gym and attendants there are excellent, the grounds and general feel of the hotel are as you would expect.
The restaurants - Bleu d'Orange serves delicious food and has an excellent manager, but what a shame that very young children who clearly want to be asleep are admitted. The pop up Indian restaurant was fun but we felt that the Moroccan buffet restaurant was expensive. Breakfast is efficiently staffed and offers a wonderful range of hot and cold food - sadly it was just a bit too chilly for us to sit outside to enjoy it.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We were there for four days. Almost everything is impeccable. We had a wonderful stay. Great location. The pool was beautiful. It really is a fabulous hotel. After some hectic tours, definitely it is the sort of hotel you need in Marrakech. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple