“Dreamy and immaculate resort and grounds”

Four Seasons Resort Marrakech
Ranked #52 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I stayed here at the Four Seasons for work a few months ago, and our conference was also held here. On the business side, the facilities were beautiful and the staff couldnt be more accommodating to participants.
The guest rooms were modern and comfortable with gorgeous Moroccan style. The local sweets as a welcome gift were a nice touch and the bathroom with a rain shower, large tub, and l'Occitane bath products was luxurious. And this is a very small thing, but I loved how you could dim the lights in the bathroom and room. A personal patio with comfy chairs right outside our bedroom doors made a great place to sit in the evening or early morning with coffee.
The food was amazing, a blend of Middle Eastern, Mediterranean and international cuisine such as American pancakes or French macaroons.
One of the other amazing aspects of the resort is the decor, and the attention to detail in terms of how the furnishings, accents and color pallets were selected. Every other day a selection of fresh roses are placed in all common spaces, and it really fills the air. Another nice touch.
Lastly, the staff are attentive and very hospitable.
If your priorities in Marrakech are luxury and service, this is the place for you. If you want to be in touch with the culture and the core of the city, I suggest finding a quaint riad in the old town.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear Gabriella620,

I know it would be completely inappropriate, but as a metaphor, I would say, please forgive me, that if you were around the resort right now I would run to give you a huge hug!!!

Thank you very much for your review, for noting little and small things. My name is Felix Murillo, I am the General Manager of the Four Seasons Resort Marrakech.

If I may ever be of any assistance within Four Seasons or Morocco please let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Resort Marrakech

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I stayed here soon after it opened, which was simply too soon. Two years later, I have only good things to report, from the much needed rest I found on FS signature beds, to the impressive breakfast buffets every morning where attentive staff knew to bring my green tea every day after the first request. I especially LOVED the spa treatments, I had a few, and the fantastic Indian yoga instructor. I very rarely take a hotel's yoga class because they are just not suitable for someone who practices seriously but this was refreshingly different -- I can't wait to go back for more.

Managers were walking around the property, making sure guests were being taken care of, and that all was in good order. The concierge made some great dining recommendations outside the hotel and the staff made sure my taxi knew exactly where to take me, each time I left the property.

For anyone who wants to explore the exoticism of Marrakech but wants a little certainty in their luxury hotel while they are being adventurous in all other aspects of their stay, this is the place for you, as well as for any doing business in Marrakech as I was, because everything works here so smoothly which can't always be said about everything else in Morocco.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank PoppyHopper

Dear Poppy/Hopper,

I tell my children at home all the time that what is important is to compete against themselves, and yet I catch myself regularly checking up how well other Resorts are doing. Then your comment comes up and I just wake up!

The first thing is to thank you for coming back. That is loyalty!
Thank you also for taking the time to notice that we are doing better. The team here is working out the midnight oil to be better for our guests. Your review is just so refreshing! Thank you!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Beautifully kept and maintained property. Stunning grounds to stroll through and to enjoy the gardens. The swimming pools are great. Two very large ones. The first intended to be family oriented and the other called the quiet pool. Both were lovely. Wonderful pool service and opulent sunbeds, towels and cabines for sun-worshippers.
Two excellent clay tennis courts and a resident coach The Fitness centre ( free ) was very luxurious with many state of the art exercise machines and a separate weights room.
Housed in a different building in the grounds was the Spa featuring saunas, hammams, Jacuzzi, plunge pools ( all free ) and leading into treatment rooms for every imaginable beauty and massage treatments in elegant surroundings.
The hotel is an oasis in Marrakech in a district/suburb called the Hivernage just outside the centre of Marrakech. A taxi takes you to the main square in 5/7 minutes at a cost of £4. A walk there is 25mins.

Accommodation at the hotel is luxurious. I had a Pavilion room which was incredibly spacious with very large bathroom and walk-in wardrobe. Giving on to a large balcony. The beds are super-comfortable.
Rooms are either in the grounds of the resort ( Pavilion rooms ) or in the main hotel complex. It takes only two mins or less to get to the main complex from Pavilion rooms.

Beautiful and elegant public rooms, bars and spaces. Reasonable choice of restaurants serving varied cuisines from Moroccan tagines and couscous and international fare to fine-dining options at the signature restaurant, Bleu D'Orange.

Plenty to do and to occupy yourself with at this resort hotel and a great place to unwind after hectic sightseeing in the bustling old souks and main square.

Highly recommended. Of the standard you would expect from Four Seasons. Sophisticated international clientele. Extremely courteous and helpful staff throughout the property.

Not a hotel for those on a tight budget but a truly wonderful resort for a special treat or occasion or a well-deserved holiday.

Room Tip: Rooms in the Pavilions are slightly larger and have lovely views of the grounds
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LondonRoamer23
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear LondonRoamer23,

I was reading your review and when I got to the part that you call us an Oasis. I felt... Yeah!!
We worked so hard to reach there that when we hear it, it just feel like a new suit!

Marrakech is full of live and action and a bit crazy at times and when you come back to the Resort, that is so close (but not too close) to the Medina and just decompress. It is just great! Well specially when we achieve that our guests feel it.

I can not thank you enough for being so nice with us, with your review, with your comments. If I may ever be of any assistance within Four Seasons or Morocco, please let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Yours cordially,

Reviewed January 6, 2014

My husband and I spent 10 days at the FS Marrakech with our two very young children (a pre-schooler and a baby). We have had a fantastic time.
My husband booked a suite in the villas, which was perfect for accommodating a junior bed and cot bed. We had plenty of room for the four of us. We were also very well located near to the family pool, kids club and spa and within the "green area" of the resort. This worked better than staying in the main building because of the children and the buggy.
The family pool was heated at 28C which meant our children went every single day! it was supervised so we didn't have to go with my eldest all the time and could watch the pool from our seats.

The kidsclub was excellent, Nabila and Imane were fun and enthusiastic, my eldest had a lot of fun and played within their soccer area and did a lot of crafts and obviously developed some cool friendship during the stay.

The spa was top notch although we are not experts. My husband and I really enjoyed all the treatments thanks to the professionalism and care of each of the therapists. The ambiance of the spa is not spectacular but we didn't mind as the importance resides in the treatment execution for us.

We tried at several occasions both the Moroccan and Italian restaurants and we were delighted each time and when it comes to food we are particularly difficult so it says a lot.

All the catering (restaurant and room service and pool food) was very accommodating with the children, offering children menu and also purees for my baby. You don't pay the food for children that young which is very thoughtful.

The pool area was our favourite spot during our stay. We had such a relaxing time. Everytime we needed something, we got some help and our requests were worked upon very swiftly and smoothly. By the 5th day, all the staff knew our little habits and fads, which is so nice when you are on holidays.
And we were very happy to leave our little ones to the kids club whilst enjoying our time off.
The guests were unassuming despite the prices of the rooms at xmas and new year's season and the general atmosphere around the pool and in restaurant is warm and relaxed.

The housekeeping was punctual, reliable and smiling and attentive to the baby's items.
I had asked for childproofing before our arrival and I got the full treatment with the little pond completely gated, a steriliser, nappies supply etc etc. This means we didn't have to travel with too many things. They also offer a daily laundry service for children under 10, you can wash up to 10 items every day for £30 or so....such a good idea.

We are definitely to go back as it is perfect for relaxation even with the children.

The only minor areas of improvement are the wifi (so rubbish but it might be a problem with Morocco in general) and also we hired a nanny for the 10-day-stay for our baby through the concierge and she was mediocre. If you are to use this service (which is very expensive!), do ask for someone with strong references and who can really play with your baby and is enthusiastic. Ours was lame and all the sitters for other families were as lame as her. Such a shame if you compare them to the dedicated, child-loving, fun team of the kids club.

Also I would consider buffing up the concierge team at peak hours because she was overwhelmed by requests.
But those are minor things, our overall stay was a total bliss and cant wait to return and so is the rest of the family.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank The_Smalls_in_London

Dear The_Smalls_in_London,

I can not thank you enough for your review and your nice comments. My name is Felix Murillo, I am General Manager of the Four Seasons Resort Marrakech. I know that we made you and your family feel great during your stay and that we built trust, it is also great that you trust us with your comments on things we can do better. This is great.

Wifi has been a long battle here, and we are about to come through the other side of the tunnel. We have been able to succeed and we will be increasing our band width and double it as of February 10. The challenge was that the cabling needed also to be upgraded from what it access the country and then within the country. This is a super breakthrough and we will be the first in the area. We will anyhow maintain the option of free internet to our guests with the possibility to upgrade it and use more band width for a limited charge .

During the high season we were overwhelmed with the requests for nannies, and you are very right, we paid a lot for them because of the season and we were disappointed about some of them. It was a major topic of conversation and review during our debrief of the Holidays. Myriam, our Guest Relations Manager and in charge of the Kids and the Marifa Center, has been very active in looking how we may avoid it in the future. Please accept my apologies for the mediocre service there.

Please let me know when you come next time, my direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Yours respectfully,

Reviewed January 5, 2014

The best hotel in Marrakech! Service was impeccable!

Day 1: Arrived late at Marrakech Menara Airport from Casablanca and our driver, Said, is waiting for us. We originally booked the cheapest car available (Mercedes E-Class) but was picked up by a very spacious and clean Mercedes Van. We arrived at the hotel, was escorted to the lobby and sat down. While the receptionist checked us in, we were served a traditional Moroccan mint tea. When the receptionist came back, he told us that we have been upgraded from the Superior Room to the Pavillion Room with direct access to the pool. He then escorted us to the room with the buggy, along with our luggage. He room was beyond expectation (wished the view could be better but since I've been upgraded, who I am to complain?) it was spacious, clean and luxurious. Love the outdoor area, the extremely comfortable bed and huge toilet with deep soaking tub. Went to the Moroccan restaurant for dinner, it was just okay. Overpriced food. Service was okay and a bit rude (waiters talked loudly and laughed while we were eating)

Day 2: Ordered breakfast and it was amazing. The various pastries are to die for! We went on the city tour with an English speaking guide for 55 euros which I think is way overpriced for the amount of information he gave us. He was only useful as he knows his way around the maze-like Souk. The hotel shuttle service between the hotel and the medina area was definitely a huge plus! We originally planned to have lunch at the poolside restaurant but since it was packed and the hostess was quite rude (we asked for a table of 2 and she just pointed elsewhere, while she escorted another party behind us), so we decided to have lunch at the Italian restaurant instead. Again, food was mediocre and overpriced but service was good (probably because the manager was there to keep an eye on things.) We order room service for dinner and it was just okay. Laundry service was good (valet picked up laundry at 10am and gave it back by 5pm the same day)

Day 3: We went to the Atlas mountains with Said (our driver who picked us up from the airport) and he was amazing (and cute!) We booked the Mercedes E-Class but was given the brand new Range Rover. We were very very satisfied! We had an amazing day and Said showed us all the good places to see and went beyond our expectations to satisfy us (we gave him a $60 tip cuz we love him!) We ordered room service and it was excellent. Furthermore, when we got back to our room, I realized that the headset I put on the table is gone so I called the reception to them check it out. Security came to take my statement but my headset is nowhere to be found.

Day 4: We checked out. We asked for the internet fee to be waived because we were having trouble with it (slow and keeps going on and off) - no problem. The manager came to apologize for the missing headset and told us that he would waive the transportation cost of around $70 to make up for it. Amazing customer service! Again, we booked the E-Class but was given the Range Rover, along with our favorite driver, Said, to take us to the Taj Palace.

The only thing I regret is that I didn't stay at the Four Seasons longer!
I wished I didn't move to the Taj Palace (I want to see where they filmed sex and the city!) LOL

Thank you for a wonderful stay, Four Seasons Marrakech! Say hello to Said for me! :)

Room Tip: - Higher rooms have better views but more expensive - Pavillion rooms are the most expensive out of...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank axriyadi
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear axriyadi,

Said is going to be very happy when I send him your regards. I am Felix Murillo, the General Manager of the Four Seasons Resort Marrakech.

I loved your review. I loved the fact that you spend the time writing to talk about us, about your experience, how you felt it. I think that years ago we did not have this luxury to have guests being able to so easily let us know details of how they felt through their stay.

It hurts to hear that some waiters were not attentive, yee!! or when you were not attended well as you arrive to the full pool restaurant, the guide, etc.. And yet, you were so kind to rate us top. Thank you very much. I am surprise. Then you even mention that you would have loved to stay with us versus have gone to the Taj. Wow! I think there is so much to learn from your comments and your feelings. Thank you.

If I may ever be of any assistance within Four Seasons or Morocco or Marrakech, please let me know, my direct email address is: felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Yours respectfully,

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Hotel was great. All you expect from the Four Seasons- great food, impeccable service and lovely grounds. Make sure to have breakfast at the hotel. The food is amazing. I am not a fan of buffets but this one was a level above the rest. I would highly recommend for a stay in Marrakech.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you traveler8188,

We have given a lot of attention to the breakfast and I am so happy to see that you noticed it. I promise we are continuing placing more attention, with new stations and offerings coming up. Charles our Director of Food and Beverage and Marc the Chef and Sylvain our Pastry Chef are going to be very happy when I tell them about your note.

I hope you make it back one day to Marrakech, please let me know, my direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com. Sorry I got excited with your comment and I have not told you who I am... This is Felix, Felix Murillo, the General Manager of the Four Seasons Resort Marrakech.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Fabulous hotel with great staff and absolutely amazing surroundings. The property itself is enormous and great for walks whilst the various restaurants provide a wide ranging blend of food. The kids had a brilliant time at the Kids Club - this was a particular highlight for us as it meant we had some quality time to ourselves!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear crazy_k_2014,

I am specially happy to read when you talk about having a bit of quality time for yourselves while the kids are in the Club or at the other pool. This is one of the treasures of the Resort and it is terrific that it worked for you.

I am Felix Murillo, the General Manager of the Four Seasons Resort Marrakech. Please let me know how I may be of assistance to you in the future within Four Seasons or Morocco. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.