New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #49 of 511 Hotels in Marrakech
London
“FABULOUS HOTEL”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

Beautifully kept and maintained property. Stunning grounds to stroll through and to enjoy the gardens. The swimming pools are great. Two very large ones. The first intended to be family oriented and the other called the quiet pool. Both were lovely. Wonderful pool service and opulent sunbeds, towels and cabines for sun-worshippers.
Two excellent clay tennis courts and a resident coach The Fitness centre ( free ) was very luxurious with many state of the art exercise machines and a separate weights room.
Housed in a different building in the grounds was the Spa featuring saunas, hammams, Jacuzzi, plunge pools ( all free ) and leading into treatment rooms for every imaginable beauty and massage treatments in elegant surroundings.
The hotel is an oasis in Marrakech in a district/suburb called the Hivernage just outside the centre of Marrakech. A taxi takes you to the main square in 5/7 minutes at a cost of £4. A walk there is 25mins.

Accommodation at the hotel is luxurious. I had a Pavilion room which was incredibly spacious with very large bathroom and walk-in wardrobe. Giving on to a large balcony. The beds are super-comfortable.
Rooms are either in the grounds of the resort ( Pavilion rooms ) or in the main hotel complex. It takes only two mins or less to get to the main complex from Pavilion rooms.

Beautiful and elegant public rooms, bars and spaces. Reasonable choice of restaurants serving varied cuisines from Moroccan tagines and couscous and international fare to fine-dining options at the signature restaurant, Bleu D'Orange.

Plenty to do and to occupy yourself with at this resort hotel and a great place to unwind after hectic sightseeing in the bustling old souks and main square.

Highly recommended. Of the standard you would expect from Four Seasons. Sophisticated international clientele. Extremely courteous and helpful staff throughout the property.

Not a hotel for those on a tight budget but a truly wonderful resort for a special treat or occasion or a well-deserved holiday.

Room Tip: Rooms in the Pavilions are slightly larger and have lovely views of the grounds
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LondonRoamer23
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear LondonRoamer23,

I was reading your review and when I got to the part that you call us an Oasis. I felt... Yeah!!
We worked so hard to reach there that when we hear it, it just feel like a new suit!

Marrakech is full of live and action and a bit crazy at times and when you come back to the Resort, that is so close (but not too close) to the Medina and just decompress. It is just great! Well specially when we achieve that our guests feel it.

I can not thank you enough for being so nice with us, with your review, with your comments. If I may ever be of any assistance within Four Seasons or Morocco, please let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Yours cordially,

Felix

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

My husband and I spent 10 days at the FS Marrakech with our two very young children (a pre-schooler and a baby). We have had a fantastic time.
My husband booked a suite in the villas, which was perfect for accommodating a junior bed and cot bed. We had plenty of room for the four of us. We were also very well located near to the family pool, kids club and spa and within the "green area" of the resort. This worked better than staying in the main building because of the children and the buggy.
The family pool was heated at 28C which meant our children went every single day! it was supervised so we didn't have to go with my eldest all the time and could watch the pool from our seats.

The kidsclub was excellent, Nabila and Imane were fun and enthusiastic, my eldest had a lot of fun and played within their soccer area and did a lot of crafts and obviously developed some cool friendship during the stay.

The spa was top notch although we are not experts. My husband and I really enjoyed all the treatments thanks to the professionalism and care of each of the therapists. The ambiance of the spa is not spectacular but we didn't mind as the importance resides in the treatment execution for us.

We tried at several occasions both the Moroccan and Italian restaurants and we were delighted each time and when it comes to food we are particularly difficult so it says a lot.

All the catering (restaurant and room service and pool food) was very accommodating with the children, offering children menu and also purees for my baby. You don't pay the food for children that young which is very thoughtful.

The pool area was our favourite spot during our stay. We had such a relaxing time. Everytime we needed something, we got some help and our requests were worked upon very swiftly and smoothly. By the 5th day, all the staff knew our little habits and fads, which is so nice when you are on holidays.
And we were very happy to leave our little ones to the kids club whilst enjoying our time off.
The guests were unassuming despite the prices of the rooms at xmas and new year's season and the general atmosphere around the pool and in restaurant is warm and relaxed.

The housekeeping was punctual, reliable and smiling and attentive to the baby's items.
I had asked for childproofing before our arrival and I got the full treatment with the little pond completely gated, a steriliser, nappies supply etc etc. This means we didn't have to travel with too many things. They also offer a daily laundry service for children under 10, you can wash up to 10 items every day for £30 or so....such a good idea.

We are definitely to go back as it is perfect for relaxation even with the children.

The only minor areas of improvement are the wifi (so rubbish but it might be a problem with Morocco in general) and also we hired a nanny for the 10-day-stay for our baby through the concierge and she was mediocre. If you are to use this service (which is very expensive!), do ask for someone with strong references and who can really play with your baby and is enthusiastic. Ours was lame and all the sitters for other families were as lame as her. Such a shame if you compare them to the dedicated, child-loving, fun team of the kids club.

Also I would consider buffing up the concierge team at peak hours because she was overwhelmed by requests.
But those are minor things, our overall stay was a total bliss and cant wait to return and so is the rest of the family.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank The_Smalls_in_London
Dear The_Smalls_in_London,

I can not thank you enough for your review and your nice comments. My name is Felix Murillo, I am General Manager of the Four Seasons Resort Marrakech. I know that we made you and your family feel great during your stay and that we built trust, it is also great that you trust us with your comments on things we can do better. This is great.

Wifi has been a long battle here, and we are about to come through the other side of the tunnel. We have been able to succeed and we will be increasing our band width and double it as of February 10. The challenge was that the cabling needed also to be upgraded from what it access the country and then within the country. This is a super breakthrough and we will be the first in the area. We will anyhow maintain the option of free internet to our guests with the possibility to upgrade it and use more band width for a limited charge .

During the high season we were overwhelmed with the requests for nannies, and you are very right, we paid a lot for them because of the season and we were disappointed about some of them. It was a major topic of conversation and review during our debrief of the Holidays. Myriam, our Guest Relations Manager and in charge of the Kids and the Marifa Center, has been very active in looking how we may avoid it in the future. Please accept my apologies for the mediocre service there.

Please let me know when you come next time, my direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Yours respectfully,

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

The best hotel in Marrakech! Service was impeccable!

Day 1: Arrived late at Marrakech Menara Airport from Casablanca and our driver, Said, is waiting for us. We originally booked the cheapest car available (Mercedes E-Class) but was picked up by a very spacious and clean Mercedes Van. We arrived at the hotel, was escorted to the lobby and sat down. While the receptionist checked us in, we were served a traditional Moroccan mint tea. When the receptionist came back, he told us that we have been upgraded from the Superior Room to the Pavillion Room with direct access to the pool. He then escorted us to the room with the buggy, along with our luggage. He room was beyond expectation (wished the view could be better but since I've been upgraded, who I am to complain?) it was spacious, clean and luxurious. Love the outdoor area, the extremely comfortable bed and huge toilet with deep soaking tub. Went to the Moroccan restaurant for dinner, it was just okay. Overpriced food. Service was okay and a bit rude (waiters talked loudly and laughed while we were eating)

Day 2: Ordered breakfast and it was amazing. The various pastries are to die for! We went on the city tour with an English speaking guide for 55 euros which I think is way overpriced for the amount of information he gave us. He was only useful as he knows his way around the maze-like Souk. The hotel shuttle service between the hotel and the medina area was definitely a huge plus! We originally planned to have lunch at the poolside restaurant but since it was packed and the hostess was quite rude (we asked for a table of 2 and she just pointed elsewhere, while she escorted another party behind us), so we decided to have lunch at the Italian restaurant instead. Again, food was mediocre and overpriced but service was good (probably because the manager was there to keep an eye on things.) We order room service for dinner and it was just okay. Laundry service was good (valet picked up laundry at 10am and gave it back by 5pm the same day)

Day 3: We went to the Atlas mountains with Said (our driver who picked us up from the airport) and he was amazing (and cute!) We booked the Mercedes E-Class but was given the brand new Range Rover. We were very very satisfied! We had an amazing day and Said showed us all the good places to see and went beyond our expectations to satisfy us (we gave him a $60 tip cuz we love him!) We ordered room service and it was excellent. Furthermore, when we got back to our room, I realized that the headset I put on the table is gone so I called the reception to them check it out. Security came to take my statement but my headset is nowhere to be found.

Day 4: We checked out. We asked for the internet fee to be waived because we were having trouble with it (slow and keeps going on and off) - no problem. The manager came to apologize for the missing headset and told us that he would waive the transportation cost of around $70 to make up for it. Amazing customer service! Again, we booked the E-Class but was given the Range Rover, along with our favorite driver, Said, to take us to the Taj Palace.

The only thing I regret is that I didn't stay at the Four Seasons longer!
I wished I didn't move to the Taj Palace (I want to see where they filmed sex and the city!) LOL

Thank you for a wonderful stay, Four Seasons Marrakech! Say hello to Said for me! :)

Room Tip: - Higher rooms have better views but more expensive - Pavillion rooms are the most expensive out of...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank axriyadi
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear axriyadi,

Said is going to be very happy when I send him your regards. I am Felix Murillo, the General Manager of the Four Seasons Resort Marrakech.

I loved your review. I loved the fact that you spend the time writing to talk about us, about your experience, how you felt it. I think that years ago we did not have this luxury to have guests being able to so easily let us know details of how they felt through their stay.

It hurts to hear that some waiters were not attentive, yee!! or when you were not attended well as you arrive to the full pool restaurant, the guide, etc.. And yet, you were so kind to rate us top. Thank you very much. I am surprise. Then you even mention that you would have loved to stay with us versus have gone to the Taj. Wow! I think there is so much to learn from your comments and your feelings. Thank you.

If I may ever be of any assistance within Four Seasons or Morocco or Marrakech, please let me know, my direct email address is: felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Yours respectfully,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

Hotel was great. All you expect from the Four Seasons- great food, impeccable service and lovely grounds. Make sure to have breakfast at the hotel. The food is amazing. I am not a fan of buffets but this one was a level above the rest. I would highly recommend for a stay in Marrakech.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you traveler8188,

We have given a lot of attention to the breakfast and I am so happy to see that you noticed it. I promise we are continuing placing more attention, with new stations and offerings coming up. Charles our Director of Food and Beverage and Marc the Chef and Sylvain our Pastry Chef are going to be very happy when I tell them about your note.

I hope you make it back one day to Marrakech, please let me know, my direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com. Sorry I got excited with your comment and I have not told you who I am... This is Felix, Felix Murillo, the General Manager of the Four Seasons Resort Marrakech.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Fabulous hotel with great staff and absolutely amazing surroundings. The property itself is enormous and great for walks whilst the various restaurants provide a wide ranging blend of food. The kids had a brilliant time at the Kids Club - this was a particular highlight for us as it meant we had some quality time to ourselves!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear crazy_k_2014,

I am specially happy to read when you talk about having a bit of quality time for yourselves while the kids are in the Club or at the other pool. This is one of the treasures of the Resort and it is terrific that it worked for you.

I am Felix Murillo, the General Manager of the Four Seasons Resort Marrakech. Please let me know how I may be of assistance to you in the future within Four Seasons or Morocco. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

I think the best feature of this property is the amazing service of the staff. Everything seems to be extremely courteous and helpful. I bought some gifts from the market and went to the gift shop to ask for bags for me to carry on the plane. They offered to wrap these gifts for me! I was extremely impressed.
Overall this property is very high quality. It is very clean and quaint.
I think breakfast could be a lot better. The selection is rather limited and there is not much meat available if that is important to you. The sausages taste quite unusual.
The gym is well equipped but I am not sure why they constantly turn the AC off. The city is hot and the work out room is steaming hot but they just leave the doors open and keep the AC off. I asked the staff once and he closed all the doors and got someone to turn the AC system on. But I felt like it's such a big production for them, so I just tolerated the heat at the gym for the remaining 4 days.
The spa is a must go!! I had this treatment by Tarek and he's absolutely fantastic! It's highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank BforBoy
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Dear BforBoy,

My name is Felix Murillo, I am the General Manager of the Four Seasons Resort Marrakech.

I really appreciate your super comments about the service and the attitude of the team. This is great but how can we feel fulfilled if we let you down with the AC in the Gym. We need to work on this. I am concerned that if this is during winter, how it is going to be in April or later on in summer. I have shared it already with the Engineering team to see if this is an issue of power or to monitor it correctly.

We have been working a lot on our Breakfast offerings and I promise you we are going to continue. This week we have added new stations, increase the bakery section, and we are putting together a new action cooking section. We have been having a bit of a challenge to find good pork sausages here, no reason for us not to continue until we find good selection.

I hope you return and let us take care of you and show you our improvements. Or maybe I can be of any help within Four Seasons or Morocco, my direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com

Yours cordially,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

Exceptional Four Seasons service at a beautiful property. Personnel were warm, friendly and very helpful. Very memorable anniversary stay with hotel providing fresh flowers daily, champagne and treats for our anniversary. Enjoyed the facilities including the restaurants, pool and spa. Hotel also arranged transportation to the city, Atlas Mountains and Essaouira. We cannot wait to return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AHFernandez
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear AHFernandez,

Please do, please come back one day! and Thank you for talking about us so gracefully. I am here to be of any assistance within Four Seasons or Morroco. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

It is sometime since your last visit. You should see us now, all going finalizing all the details for the festivities. The Resort takes a different, as the whether is different, but yet very cozy environment, with the ginger scents, and the chimneys. The climax will be the New Years Eve party. It will be magnificent.