“Trip to Marrakech, Morocco” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Resort Marrakech

Four Seasons Resort Marrakech
Ranked #52 of 505 Hotels in Marrakech
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“Trip to Marrakech, Morocco”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

The resort is hardly fifteen minutes away from the airport by taxi. It is a very nice resort with total of 4 floors and Riad rooms! Service is fantastic and rooms are brilliant. Especially 1 I was staying in, in the main building. It is a good place to hold conferences, workshops, training sessions etc.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank IMTI787
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear IMTI787,

Thank you very much first for the photos. It is great to see them. But also to talk about us and for your kind comments.

I am Felix Murillo, the General Manager of the Four Seasons Resort Marrakech. It was great to have you with us and I look forward to welcome you again when you make it back for a conference. Please let me know. My direct email adress is felix.murillo0fourseasons.com.

Yours Cordially,

Felix

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Before going to the Four seasons Marrakech, with my husband we were really looking forward to it because every time we travel we go to a Four season if it's available in that city and have been satisfied since then. However, when we first arrived and wanted to check in, the front desk manager didn't believe we were married and did not want to check us in, which is completely outrageous. People do not usually carry marriage certificate and we have never been asked to provide one. I can understand it's Morocco but we were in Sofitel Casablanca before and when they asked if we were married our answer was enough for them (because that is how you treat your customers). Not believing a customer is treating them as liars and this is completely unacceptable. We don't go to 5 stars hotels like The Four seasons to be treated that way, it is not some cheap hotel that can afford to talk that way to customers especially loyal customers.
But after that everything was good, we really loved the hotel and the staff was wonderful but this incident really got on our nerves and we couldn't enjoy it as we were expecting. Not to mention that after coming back to our room one night at 1 in the morning the shower wasn't working THE SHOWER and we had to wait for a guy for about an hour to fix it that is really something. But at least they were kind enough to remove that night from our bill (after we requested it of course). What a shame!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Amina25
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Amina25,

My name is Felix Murillo, I am the recently appointed General Manager of the Four Seasons Resort Marrakech. I feel so much for you and I agree actually that is very unfair. No matter how nice we planned to ask you, no matter how corteous Andre, our Rooms Manager, was when he asked you. He was not successfull in transmitting you our full empathy. This was a very unfortunate begining of your trip and I am so sorry about it

We are coming to the local authorities again to share your frustration and our difficulties in foollowing the local regulations that requires our Moroccan guests to prove their marriage prior to check in to any Hotel, however the authorities have been clear and strict with us in the past.

This regulation does not apply when both guests present foreign passports.

I think I would be feeling the same way as you if I were asked. I can not blame you for it. It is unfortunate though that we are penalized by it. Your days of rest and escape were ruined by this very unfortunate situation but maybe only maybe because you saw that at least we are genuine in our aproach and in extending service and attention you consider to return. If that is the case or if I may ever be of any assistance within Four Seasons please let me know, my direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Yours Respectfully,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Very nice hotel, very clean, very comfortable bed and room...
Food is nice and clean although a bit slow to deliver...
The gentleman who plays at the lobby is amazing...
The facilities are very good, we had a big conference and exhibition it was very nice...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Soossoos,

I think you are very kind to us. Although you had to wait a bit for your food you rated us top in service. Thank you very much. It gives us additional motivation to keep on working to be better.

My name is Felix Murillo, I am the General Manager of the Four Seasaons Resort Marrakech. Thank you for talking about Hiba, he is a terrific canonist and we are so excitied that he plays now in the Hotel. I am so happy you noticed it.

Please Soossoos, let me know if I may ever be of any assistance within Four Seasons or Marrakech, my direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Yours cordially,

Bookham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Went there on a weekend break and WOW, we were transported into the madness that is Marrakech. What a great place and the Four Seasons Hotel was fantastic, the staff brilliant and the gardens fantastic.

Felt really safe every where we went the Souk is just a mad place and really fun to look around and the hotel an oasis of calm in a balmy world.

Spa treatments were out of this world

All in all fantastic for a short break, if you want to spoil your self go for it.

Room Tip: Its all Beautiful
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear JAYDEEBookham,

Wow!! Thank you very much for writting nice things about us. My name is Felix Murillo, I am the very recently appointed General Manager of the Four Seasons Resort Marrakech.

We are genuinly trying hard to be good to our guests, that they really come to Marrakech and have the time to enjoy the crazyness of the souks and yet to just 5 minutes away by taxi they can relax.
Thank you for mentioning the SPA, it is great that I can share with you now that we want to keep on upgrading our SPA and so our Senior Director of SPAs for the Company in Europe and the region, our SPA director at the Four Seasons George V in Paris is joining Marrakech as of early Febrary. I would love for you to return and try it again then. Please let me know, my direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com

Yours cordially,

Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

It is a true Four Seasons resort, with excellent facilities, great attention to details, lavish and very Moroccan interior design and full of positive surprises. Even though our lost luggage somewhat poisoned our arrival, this was an amazing experience

Pros:
- Good location, a bit farther away from the Medina than many other hotels, but given the short distances and the smell in the inner city, it is more a benefit. 10 mins on taxi to everywhere
- Outstanding service
- Great rooms, ours had a small garden and terrace as well, plus a super useful extra luggage room
- Amazing interior design, breathtaking halls,
- Three huge pools, excellent swimming
- Grandiose outdoor design, with wonderful palm trees
- our personal favourites: the stylish lamps in the staircases, hung from above

Cons:
- despite having 5 restaurants, the food is a bit boring, few real local specialities - but of course very high quality
- bed is too soft

Alltogether, an amazing resort, perfect base to discover Marrakech in style.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Miki D,

My name is Felix Murillo, I have been just appointed the new General Manager of the Four Seasons Resort Marrakech.

I can not thank you enough your kind words and your review. This is a fantastic way for me to learn about your experience. Thank you very much for your comments about our service. I promise we will continue work on upgrading our food offerings.

If I may ever be of any help within Four Seasons or Marrakech please do let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com

Yours cordially.

London UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Choose to stay at the Four Seasons because of friends recommendation. I stayed two nights prior to four seasons at a riad in mid of the medina and thought a break at the four seasons would be relaxing.

Hotel facilities and location:
The hotel occupies a large estate which is out of town. To go to New City or Medina it costs 40-50 Dhs (don't get ripped off, some taxi drivers asked for 100). However if you have seen Marrakech the hotel is large enough if you just want to chill out by the pool and dine and drink within the estate. There is hotel cars going to town between 6-10 pm (one way).

The resort is probably the largest in Marrakech. There are two pools (one adult only) which were quiet during my stay. There was also a shop, a spa, and a gym with tennis court. There are few restaurant including an Italian that occupied its own building, an international (with Moroccan food) in the main building, a pool side restaurant that open during the day and a bar. In terms of facilities I don't think there is any better resort in Marrakech.

Room:
I was allocated a deluxe room that was of good size and with a garden view. It has a very comfortable bed and well equipped bathroom. There is also a changing room which was handy. Wifi was available throughout the hotel for free unless if you require super high speed connection. There was a media hub, and the entertainment provided on TV was good.

Service:
Service was unevent - started patchy but ended good
When I arrived by the car I was disappointed with the service. no one greeted us and I had to find the reception by myself. In the evening when I went to the restaurants and bars again I had to ask for assistance since no one was to be seen to help. Having said that, the service at the spa was first class. Very friendly and very attentive (especially a lady in glasses), and service at the pool has been consistently great ( especially Rachid and the lifeguard). The second day experience improved significantly. The manager at the main restaurant during dinner shift was chatty and very friendly. All of his team recognise you and deliver great service. Next day breakfast we were served by Alt who was fantastic and again very friendly. The same level of service was seen at the bellboy desk especially Rachid

Food and drink:
We found food and drink pricy at the hotel but the quality of product was great. We had sandwich by the pool, dinners and breakfast and food quality was top notch.

Overall it's a nice resort with good facilities. It's great if you just want to relax or host a conference.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jtung 74,

My name is Felix Murillo, I am the very recently appointed General Manager of the Four Seasons Resort Marrakech. It is very good for me to read your review, thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience. I look forward to go and see Rachid and tell him about your comment. I promise we will continue working on our arrival experience.

Please if I may ever be of any help to you within Four Seasons or Marrakech. please let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com

Yours Cordially,

Liss, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night last week whilst on business. The resort is perfectly located for the airport, being barely five minutes journey away. Peaceful and perfectly maintained, my suite (bedroom, bathroom, dressing room and balcony) were impeccably presented, with all those little extras you expect of the Four Seasons. I ate dinner in the bar and was well looked after by the staff. Breakfast was perfect, as were the conference facilities. The hotel staff was excellent over all. I look forward to staying here again and can't come back soon enough.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Max Ray,

It is getting closer to the end of my day in the Resort and it is just great to finish reading your review. Thank you very much. You just made my day.

My name is Felix Murillo, I am the just appointed General Manager of the Four Seasons Resort Marrakech. I am coming from running our Hotel in Sultanahmet in Istanbul. It was a beautiful time for me there, a very special place and I look forward to discover now Morocco.

Please Max Ray if I may ever be of any assistance within Four Seasons or Marrakech please let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com

Yours