My husband and I love the Four Season hotels and have stayed in many around the world hence the booking at Four Seasons Marrakesh.
There were lots of good things, it is a beautiful hotel, the staff are kind and helpful especially at the pool area. The food is excellent albeit expensive, but that is to be expected at the Four Seasons so was not a problem. The breakfast was delicious and the waiting staff in the morning were superb however children are not supervised well in the breakfast area and this is small problem.
So what was SO wrong that I give it a ''poor'' review?
Well we chose this hotel outside of Marrakesh so that we could have peace and quiet and have lazy mornings. We were given a room on the 2nd floor and every morning the cleaner would move the furniture in the room above. The floors are marble and the noise at 0825 am would be so loud that it would waken us. If it was not the cleaners then the occupants above would move a chair and it was heard clearly in our room. Noise pollution should not be a problem at this level of hotel. We did not get a long lie once. Just what we did not want as we came tired and needing a break. We work so hard during the year that this is our once a year holiday with no children.
The hotel offered us one spa treatment to make up for it. Not really a solution. Kind offer but not a solution.
They denied the cleaners were in the rooms, but a trip upstairs by my wife to have a look (seeing as we were up anyway) showed that the room was being cleaned.The trolley with cleaning products (which clatters along the bedroom floor as well) and the vacuum cleaner (on wheels!!!!!!) were outside the bedroom door in the room above which proved that it was the cleaners. Sad that a hotel of this standard and reputation denied this.
What should they have done?
Well I had hoped to be moved to a top floor so that there was no sound from above. This did not happen.Most likely as that would have been a substantial upgrade. I was not looking for a free upgrade, just a good night's sleep and lie in after 9am to be honest.
I would not therefore recommend this hotel unless you are up and out at 8am for sightseeing and stay for only a few days.
We were here for 7 days for a complete relaxing holiday with alternative days of sightseeing in between. It doesn't work unless you pay for a third floor room. The room on the 2nd floor we were in was lovely but ruined by the noise from above.
On our departure we left a letter of complaint yet, but nothing has yet come back. So much more should have been done to fix it.
Really special waiting staff and pool staff, but the management of this hotel is lacking. They have a lot to learn from genuine complaints from genuine people.
Very poor indeed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marrakech refreshed: Located adjacent to the Menara Gardens, just a five minute drive from the exotic energy of the ancient Medina, Four Seasons offers a fresh Moroccan perspective: a calming resort-hotel with a light Moroccan touch. The inspiring retreat combines an impressive spa, landscaped pools, gardens and event space with a contemporary design that augments the sense of airy luminosity. Welcoming and uplifting, the hotel offers couples, families and groups a stylish oasis within an intriguing ancient city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort Marrakech
- Four Seasons Resort Marrakech Hotel Marrakech