This is a relatively new Four Seasons, and if you know the brand, you can rest assured that this resort now offers service which is now very close to other FS resorts world wide; in an ideal location.
The setting and the architecture are outstanding, the resort is small and has a perfect air of calm, similar to the FS in Chang Mai, for instance. On the other hand there are fewer activities than some of the busier resorts such as Punta Mita and Costa Rica. in fact there were no additional activities during our stay. That suited us, but may be not everyone.
Breakfast and food are excellent, but only cater to western tastes.
The adult pool was quiet, and finding shaded chairs was never a problem. Unusually for FS there is no pool service, though staff from the nearby restaurant will bring drinks, if you go and find them.
The staff are responsive, and quickly put right anything that was wrong. Guest should not hesitate to ask to speak to a manager if there is a problem, my experience throughout the FS group is that they will try to respond to any (reasonable) request.
The Concierge service was helpful and friendly. They have a good (you may even say definitive) list of local restaurants.
The one area of caution is with regard to the (outsourced ?) transportation. We booked a trip in to the Atlas Mountains, the driver (....a butcher who got the job through his cousin) did not follow the itinerary given by the concierge, and also took a few wrong turnings. He seemed intend on taking us to some destinations that we had not requested, and to be wasting time so we would not get back to the hotel before 5pm. The air-conditioning in the car did not work. If we were to return, we would consider using a local guide and transport rather than the Four Seasons facility, unless changes had been made.
Overall, this is an excellent resort, I recommend it, and would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marrakech refreshed: Located adjacent to the Menara Gardens, just a five minute drive from the exotic energy of the ancient Medina, Four Seasons offers a fresh Moroccan perspective: a calming resort-hotel with a light Moroccan touch. The inspiring retreat combines an impressive spa, landscaped pools, gardens and event space with a contemporary design that augments the sense of airy luminosity. Welcoming and uplifting, the hotel offers couples, families and groups a stylish oasis within an intriguing ancient city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Hotwire, Odigeo and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort Marrakech
- Four Seasons Resort Marrakech Hotel Marrakech