We stayed for five nights in early September and really enjoyed this property. We were allocated a spacious ground floor pavilion room with an outdoor terrace. The room was very comfortably furnished and the huge bathroom was luxurious and well fitted.
Most days we sat by the pool. There are two large pools, one for adults only and the other for guests with children. Pool service was excellent and we enjoyed lunch each day in the poolside Azzera restaurant. Breakfast too was a highlight, offering a daily special hot dish and wonderful buffet tables with Moroccan and a wide choice of international dishes. There was also a special juice drink which changed every few days and this was delicious too.
The spa was superb offering a range of local treatments (loved the Hammam experience) as well as the usual massage options and treatments.
Staff throughout the Resort were unfailingly courteous and attentive and service was close to faultless. We felt very welcome in the Resort and there was nothing that was too much trouble.
There were only two disappointments for us - evening dinner options and the return airport transfer. The hotel offers Solana, a Moroccan restaurant which we tried but found the food there rather tasteless. There is also Blue Orange - an Italian where the food was better but this option is only open five nights of the week. Both of these restaurants were empty when we dined there and it might be that guests mostly choose to eat outside the hotel. The only other on-site dining options were the room service menu and a very limited selection of dishes (mini burgers, quesadilla etc) in the Inara Lounge and Bar. As we left there was about to be a ‘pop up’ Indian restaurant operating for one night and hopefully the Hotel will do more of this as we found the evening dining experience limited, a little soul-less and rather underwhelming.
For 650MAD each way (per car) you are met on arrival at the Airport, priority cleared through immigration, and then driven the ten minute journey from the airport to the Hotel. Our arrival transfer worked well but on the return the car dropped us in the airport car park and we had to drag our cases some distance into the airport terminal while the driver walked alongside us empty handed. No assistance with baggage was offered by him or anyone else until we were inside the Terminal. Regular taxis on the other hand are a fraction of the cost and drop passengers right outside the terminal. Immigration queues were minimal going both in and out of Marrakech at the times we travelled so overall we didn’t feel the Hotel’s transfer service was as good as it needs to be and we would probably make our own arrangements in future.
Overall though we returned home feeling very refreshed and with very happy memories of the Four Seasons Marrakech and we very much hope to return someday soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marrakech refreshed: Located adjacent to the Menara Gardens, just a five minute drive from the exotic energy of the ancient Medina, Four Seasons offers a fresh Moroccan perspective: a calming resort-hotel with a light Moroccan touch. The inspiring retreat combines an impressive spa, landscaped pools, gardens and event space with a contemporary design that augments the sense of airy luminosity. Welcoming and uplifting, the hotel offers couples, families and groups a stylish oasis within an intriguing ancient city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort Marrakech
- Four Seasons Resort Marrakech Hotel Marrakech