Lovely property,great pools,comfortable rooms........had all the characteristics of what would be expected from a 4 Seasons Hotel. We arrived for a 13 night stay and were greeted with mint tea and a relaxed welcoming check in . The weather was fantastic and all fared well for a great restful vacation.
But..........our experience was marred by service inconsistency, a very average food choice (keep well clear of the Moroccan restaurant where they destroyed the traditional tagine), the noise from an open air roof top bar. and an over night pool cleaning team scraping heavy pool furniture across tiled surfaces.
Most people would only visit the hotel for a 3 or 4 night stay and want to take advantage of the variety of restaurants in Marrakech. So its difficult to build an interesting food offer at the hotel. But after 9 or so months of operation this should have been fixed.
The lack of service consistency is more surprising. Four nights without turn down;when it came there would be a night with water, then a night without. A night with replacement toiletries ,then a night without.Basically not the seamless service usually provided by 4 Seasons.
But I guess this is manageable.
But try 3 nights of broken sleep because of ridiculous noise levels. Two nights due to the the opening of a new open air roof top bar;which is set right in the centre of the resort over looking the children's pool. Standing in reception at 12.30 am asking that the DJ turn down the volume was not a great experience. The same happened the next night; having been promised that it would not happen again. Eventually on the second night the Front Office Manager came to the room and was visibly shocked by the noise level. But 2 nights of appalling late noise; more appropriate to the 18-30 Club, not a 4 Seasons was not fun
.And then a third night of noise as the pool team jet washed the pool area and didn't bother to lift the heavy sunbeds, but just scraped them across the floor.
Both of these examples seemed to illustrate just a lack of management fore-thought and eye for detail .Very disappointing.
To be fair ,the management team did re-act and refunded 2 nights of room charge and provided a complimentary dinner. But we would rather have had a relaxing time.
This hotel has potential to be very good...........................but needs work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marrakech refreshed: Located adjacent to the Menara Gardens, just a five minute drive from the exotic energy of the ancient Medina, Four Seasons offers a fresh Moroccan perspective: a calming resort-hotel with a light Moroccan touch. The inspiring retreat combines an impressive spa, landscaped pools, gardens and event space with a contemporary design that augments the sense of airy luminosity. Welcoming and uplifting, the hotel offers couples, families and groups a stylish oasis within an intriguing ancient city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort Marrakech
- Four Seasons Resort Marrakech Hotel Marrakech