“Good”
Review of Amaia Restaurant

Amaia Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 979 Restaurants in Marrakech
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene
Description: Near the post office of Marrakesh Gueliz, on the Hassan 2 boulevard, the Amaia restaurant is Open from Monday to Saturday. Food is served all day. Eat in or take out, food is tasty, healthy, light and so are the prices. For lunch and dinner, in a cozy atmosphere, check out the large menu with its good wines and daily suggestions. At aperitif time, a large variety of cocktails and tapas are also available.
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Small, friendly restaurant. Good french food. Helpful with matching wine. Great for kids too, meals are made suitable for children. The owners will serve you (unless it's very busy I imagine) and makes the experience feel personal.

It was very hard for us to find just a decent meal in Marrakech (I have no idea what people are on about in many of the reviews!), but this was a welcome change, which earned Amaia two visits from us. Thank you.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,251)

Reviewed March 28, 2014

My husband and I walked to this small restaurant from our hotel as we needed a break from a traditional Moroccan dinner. Both our dinners and the wine suggested to us were excellent. (my husband had duck and I had pasta) A big bonus for us was that no one was smoking. I am not sure if it is not allowed or were we just lucky. There is an outdoor eating area but we sat inside as it was a cool evening. It is also reasonably priced. I definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stumbled onto this little hidden gem, looking for somewhere to enjoy a coctail and beer, in the afternoon. The French owners are very friendly and helpful. We booked for dinner for the next evening. The food was fantastic! We shared Brewates (Moroccan type samosas) for starters. I ordered a pasta and my husband had fillet steak with a cognac peppercorn sauce - cooked to perfection. The rose wine was fab. Total bill dhs 500. Great food if you are looking for something else than local cuisine.

amaia-marrakech, Propriétaire at Amaia Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Thank you for your nice post Milo on TA.
It was a pleasure for you to receive twice.
Hope to see you for a third time for another moroccan glass of Rosé.
Cordialy,

Eric Garozzo

Reviewed March 20, 2014

The restaurant is small and friendly, on the evening we visited it was quiet with not much atmosphere. The food was ok, not great. It's ideal for a quiet and simple meal. There are a lot of rave reviews about this place which is a little surprising.

Mister

Thank you for you comment. I'm sorry you didn't fully enjoyed your moment with us.
May be not good vibes this night, may be wrong choices.
I hope that we will see you again for a better moment.

Kindly

Eric Garozzo

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Excellent meal, reasonably priced and attentive staff ,a real treat after a few poor meals in marrakesh!