“Friendly service, relaxed atmosphere, great value”
Review of Amaia Restaurant

Amaia Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 926 Restaurants in Marrakech
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Description: Near the post office of Marrakesh Gueliz, on the Hassan 2 boulevard, the Amaia restaurant is Open from Monday to Saturday. Food is served all day. Eat in or take out, food is tasty, healthy, light and so are the prices. For lunch and dinner, in a cozy atmosphere, check out the large menu with its good wines and daily suggestions. At aperitif time, a large variety of cocktails and tapas are also available.
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

We visited amaia restaurant on our last night in Marrakesh because of the good reviews. It didn't disappoint! It was the best meal we had in Marrakesh, mainly because of the lovely relaxed bar atmosphere of the restaurant, plus the owner was really friendly and helpful. On the menu was tapas, pasta dishes, salads, some meat/fish dishes and Moroccan tagine. We ordered several tapas dishes, two glasses of wine and two (excellent) cocktails and the bill came to 600MAD which we thought was perfectly reasonable. It was the only place we visited where you could get a good selection of wine and cocktails at reasonable prices. Just a note that we planned on visiting the restaurant on a Sunday night originally but it was shut, so we returned on Monday.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,181)

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Peaceful decor and wonderful food combined with friendly service. As we do often in Italy we split a pasta first course to leave room for desserts. We could try the wine before choosing, by the glass as we're unfamiliar with Moroccan wines. We left very happy and would return.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I was lucky enough to have this restaurant recommended to me and it has been a long time that I didn't have such a nice experience in a restaurant: cosy yet chic design, good music, impeccable service, real variety of choice between Moroccan and international dishes, great wines, and the best Baba au Rhum I ate in my life I think. I personally had chicken with cream, it was perfect. My friend had a tagine which she loved. They immediately offered to accommodate a sauce for the salad when I casually explained that I disliked one ingredient and it tells a lot when they offer that kind of service.Sorry but many places won't bother to make you comfortable ! They did, it was such a pleasure to be there, it was absolutely delicious and nothing negative to say.
Wish my stay would have been longer to go back there. Looked also perfect for just a drink.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Came across this restaurant while exploring the area.Had a great welcome from the staff who took the time to explain what foods we didn't know.Was good to see that the Pasta meals came in two sizes(l and xl)with large being enough for me,Friend ordered chicken,rice and veg and found it to be a very generous sized meal.We also had a very good bottle of Morrocan white wine(which we also went back and had the following evening)The atmosphere is relaxed and charming with soft jazz music playing unintrusively. Would recommend a visit both for eating or if you just want to sit and enjoy a drink.Great place.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Had lunch here, the place was almost empty but the food was great and the service was very good also (although a bit too slow). Great to get away from the typical Moroccan food.
The kitchen is behind a big glass window, you can see inside, everything looked organized and clean.
The portions should be larger and/or the price should be lower but this was one of the best restaurants we tried in Marrakech.
Tip: Avoid the tables outside, there is way too much pollution on that street, stay inside.