“Top meal for a great price.”
Review of Amaia Restaurant

Amaia Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 862 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Italian, Asian, French, European
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Near the post office of Marrakesh Gueliz, on the Hassan 2 boulevard, the Amaia restaurant is Open from Monday to Saturday. Food is served all day. Eat in or take out, food is tasty, healthy, light and so are the prices. For lunch and dinner, in a cozy atmosphere, check out the large menu with its good wines and daily suggestions. At aperitif time, a large variety of cocktails and tapas are also available.
Colchester
“Top meal for a great price.”
Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

We ate in a few restaurants in Marrakesh. This was one of the best I have ever been to. The food was excellent. Other chefs would charge far more I am sure. I had a starter and a tapas to begin with these where fantastic. The main was good (can not remember what it was maybe to full).
The restaurant was smaller than I expected and quite. But if you are in the full on city and maybe want one night to talk over really good food then I would recommend it here.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Marrakech, Morocco
“Nice atmosphere, friendly staff”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I had a nice evening and the staff are very friendly. I had the goats cheese which for me lacked a bit of flavour and was more like a cream cheese and had the fillet beef for my main with veg which was quite nice too. Desert was nice both the tiramisu and panna cote.

The outside area is fine, a bit noisey but no problem and they have sectioned it off from the road with greenery.

Worth a visit but I thought it was enjoyable but not 'amazing' as per some reviews.

It had a nice atmosphere and modern so worth a visit

Visited May 2012
amaia-marrakech, Propriétaire at Amaia Restaurant, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Thank you for your comment "worth a visit".
We try every day to create a more cosy atmosphere, through our green terrace (plants need them!), through our musical ambiance, through our welcoming. A cool place apart of the hustle of Marrakesh.
Our food: tasty as I can read in your post!
Sorry for the goat cheese, you didn't expect that taste. We do use for a fresh creamy goat cheese for this recipe, we're going to mention it on the menu.
Kind regards

Eric Garozzo.
Marrakech, Morocco
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you are not nicotine addict this not a place to go!”
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Very small restaurant located in a busy street full of exhaust cars gas and noise. We decided consequently to eat inside and we asked for a non smoking table. They gave us a table at the end of the same room where the smokers were seated saying that we were in a non smoking area...Just ridiculous! Being late we decided to remain. The food is quite tasty and well presented, but very expensive for the quality, the place and its service. I wonder why it receives so many enthusiastic reviews.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Alister M
amaia-marrakech, Propriétaire at Amaia Restaurant, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Dear Alister,

I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your moment at Amaia.

I'm sorry for you that the restaurant is easy to find, located on one of the most central avenue of the economic part of Marrakesh...with cars & motorcycles passing by., but like in other big cities...

I'm sorry for you that our resident customers are smokers and that there is no legislation in Morocco about tobacco in the restaurants, bars and discos.
We try, with a lot of difficulties to preserve a non smoking part for guests like you. Is it ridiculous?

I'm sorry for you that you didn't enjoy your meal even it was tasty. You may have a cold this day?
We are cooking bio vegetables, fresh meats and fishes, fine vinegars and oils, all coming from the best providers.
We take care about hygiene and freshness & using vacuum packing techniques...
Those have a cost! Fresh seabass fish filet or beef pave and their dishes for 10£, is it expensive?

So I'm sorry for you, but fortunately this not the opinion of 121other tripadvisers!

Kind regards

Eric Garozzo
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Magnificent”
Reviewed April 27, 2012 via mobile

We have eaten here at least four times in the past week. The food is absolutely amazing and the staff are excellent too. Eric, the owner, is friendly, he remembers your face and recommends unbiasedly. Highly recommend this place.

Coventry, United Kingdom
“nice food”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

we had a lovely starter, my steak burger was average but wifes fried prawn noodles was nice. overall nice restaurant.

Visited April 2012