“A good Italian restaurant in Marrakech”
Review of Le Chat Qui Rit - CLOSED

Le Chat Qui Rit
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Le chat is located outside the medina and we decided to go there for lunch on our way to essaouira. The food was great and the owner was personally engaging with all the customers in the restaurant. The service was good as well.
I would def recommend this place for a nice hearty Italian meal.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We thought this would be a nice change from tagines etc as other reviewers have said, but I was so disappointed with Le Chat qui rit. The dishes are quite old fashioned and uninspiring, italian food at its worst. There are some other Italian restaurants in Gueliz which I wish we went to instead. My carpaccio was OK but way too much of it, and the pasta was described as having a chorizo and chilli sauce so I assumed it would be tomato based, but it was a big brick of dried pasta stuck together with a sickly rich creamy sauce. My partner had more success with his choices but was not overly thrilled either. Compared to London where you can get fantastic quality food and better service for less money, this place is a real let down.

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Typical Italian restaurant. Not french as in tripadvisor. ... Busy with good various menu. Not to expensive. Very good wine. Friendly staf.

1  Thank Hans R
Reviewed June 12, 2013

It's a good opportunity to get to the newer part of Marrakech and taste some different ingredients. Clearly tripadvisor is ensuring a good supply of Europeans visiting this joint, but when you take away the branding (quirky, French restaurant in Morocco which serves Italian food), then there is not much else to say about it. Service was functional - I expected it to have a few characters working there - not so. Food was OK - the bread was superb and best I've had in Morocco. Comical translations from French to English on the menu are a likely talking point. Decor looked almost deliberately 'aged' and was full of interesting classic posters for famous French and international products. Noticeboard was of interest, including an advert for a five tonne elephant. Booze was fine. It's worth going there and great for young couples but not as inexpensive as I had hoped it would be, with lots of dishes in the 130 dirham range.

1  Thank Fabregasuk
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We chose the restaurant after a recommendation from he hosts t our riad. He food was good, particularly the speciality pasta with Corsican ragu. But or lunch, there were only 4 tables occupied and it was a rather hurried and sterile visit. Maybe it would have Ben better for dinner?