“My favourite Restaurant in Marrakech”
Review of Le Chat Qui Rit - CLOSED

Le Chat Qui Rit
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I really love this restaurant. The decor is not everyone's cup of tea, but it is charming and more importantly a cosy friendly atmosphere. The food is excellent I have never had a bad meal. The home made giant ravioli is superb and the wine excellent. Service excellent, wonderful deserts, great with family or friends. It is most perfect for a lazy saturday lunch. The owner is on site most days and is charming and very welcoming. I really recommend it. I currently go at least twice a month.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stuck to pasta here and were well rewarded- tasty and nicely al dente. Really very good.
The room has good ambience and is generally interesting a trad French style.
Service was efficient and unobtrusive.
We were welcomed warmly by the manager who also took the trouble to find us a taxi when we left.
A very different experience from some other Marrakech restaurants - in a very good way.
Recommneded.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We went here for my birthday and had a very nice meal with perfectly cooked pasta. We enjoyed three courses and a bottle of wine at a reasonable price. The owner came out to chat to diners and my husband engaged him in conversation about motorobikes, after noticing some motorbike pictures on the wall. All in all we had a very pleasant evening.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

After three weeks of travelling through Morocco we were looking of some familiar food. Jackpot here the food was fantastic service was very good very patient with my very poor French. The best in town and far cheaper than some top end restaurants we visited .

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Yes it is not a Moroccan restaurant but if like us you are a bit bored by the same old tajine-couscous duo (frankly I found the Moroccan cuisine a bit plain and unimaginative) this is one of the best places to come to. Food is great, wine menu vast (for Morocco), service attentive.

My only issues were the relatively poor non-smoking dining area and the unavailability of a high chair (baby chair), the latter a common problem in Morocco. Otherwise brilliant restaurant, good value and highly recommended.