“Welcome respite from tagine”
Review of Le Chat Qui Rit - CLOSED

Le Chat Qui Rit
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This is a fantastic Italian/Corsican restaurant which we visited twice during a recent week in Marrakesh The food is excellent and the Corsican owner incredibly friendly. Nice casual atmosphere and very relaxed. Highly recommended.

There are newer reviews for Le Chat Qui Rit

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I fell in here after a hard day fighting my way through souks and fighting with people trying to sell me photos of myself with snakes for £20. For £20, mate, I'll take the snake. This place is in the new town, which is an interestingly soulless yet somehow also a little seedy place. Wide roads, no street names, 40 degrees, modern unattractive buildings.... it's a bit dispiriting. Fortunately this laughing cat is a world away from all that. I had perhaps the best pasta I've ever eaten, anywhere, and some really delicious fish. There is cold beer on tap - a rarity in this dusty city - and a fine selection of wines. The staff are lovely, and I had a 15 minute chat with the charming owner. A tranquil, relaxing oasis in this busy, impersonal place.

1  Thank Bang0rB0und
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I was looking for a restaurant that is different in Marrakech, I had enough of the nice Moroccan cuisine and Le Chat qui rit was what I needed.

Atmosphere is nice both chic and casual, Service and staff are really nice very attentive without being annoying and that is very hard to muster.

The food is good and above average in this country however it would be nice something like custom pasta where the guest can choose what kind of pasta with which sauce.

I would certainly recommend this restaurant to any single, couple or family

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We decided to eat here as we wanted a change from the traditional tajines and cous cous and the trip advisor reviews. We were not dissatisfied at all ! food is AMAZING as is the staff, I dropped my fork twice and before i could pick it up there was a new fork on the table, the service is second to none. The owner is present at all times making sure EVERYONE is happy. The food was to die for ( i over ate, but it had to be done....) I had the creamed goats cheese on toast for starters and i wish i could eat it every day from here on ! for main i had the squid and octopus pasta, this was also divine, desert... yes desert.... i tried to eat the home made profiterole roll which was heavenly but failed to get half way through... it was huge... will return to this restaurant on my next visit to Marrakech. :)

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Enjoyed the food, had a selection of starters which were great then I had the carbonara which was delicious! One of our party wasn't feeling great and the staff were lovely and asked if we'd like some painkillers etc then packed his food up (with extra parmesan) so he could eat it the following day - thanks for a lovely meal.

1  Thank nupi