Riad Origines
Riad Kniza(Marrakech)
$256
$160
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $217/night.

$452
Riad 72(Marrakech)
$151
$147
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbeautiful roof terracethe main squareminute walkspa treatmentspancakesnice staysoukscalmtaxifrenchbearingsdriverarabiccourtyard
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We have just returned from a short break in Marrakech, staying at Riad origines. I cannot complement the staff highly enough. The Riad was part of a package deal so I wasn't expecting too much as it was a budget deal but I have to say the Riad was one of the trip highlights. I normally say a hotel is just somewhere to sleep especially on a city Ibreak but this one is so much more, truly 5 star!

We stayed in the mayara (mirror) room which I requested by email before we set off and it was amazing! As a avid recycler my boyfriend loved the recycled mirrored bathroom and the recycled tyre decor ( in fact we bought our own picture frame made from tyres to remember our trip/ the room)

The riad staff adil and siad were always on hand and amazingly helpful, I'm not sure they liked your wandering around spirit always wanting to show us the way! As experience traveller we prefer to go it alone but this would be perfect for a solo or nervous traveller. They really couldn't do more for us, giving advice, cooking and even lending us a phone charger of there own as our adapter didn't work.

Nadia one of the owners met us on our first day and give some very useful tips and recommendations ( check my other reviews) even down to what stall to eat at in the Jemma el fna which I though was great, no pushy advice on there friends restaurants etc...

The hotel arranged our transfer which I would highly recommend as the riad is hard to find, in fact it's location is probably it's only slight downside but as long as your happy to go out for the day the fact it's a bit far from the square/ souqs is probably positive as its very quite! If you like to pop back to your room frequently this riad may not be for you!

The included breakfast was a real treat especially the morrocain pancakes, although the coffee wasn't great I think a French press is needed! But I am one fussy coffee drinker, I'm Italian about coffee despite being English!

We had dinner on the first night which was amazing, far too much food for too but lovely! I would suggest the hotel could serve dinner on the roof for a ultimate treat but they may need to invest in a heater! I do think people would pay a premium for a romantic roof top dinner for 2, I would!

The roof top terrace is perfect for a stop of sunbathing but it was a little cold for this in February!

We had a tour of most of the rooms when we arrived and I have to say they all seemed lovely!

If i return to Marrakech I will return to this riad! Highly recommended!

Thankyou to the whole team!

Room Tip: We loved the mirror room but mall seem very nice, stairs quite steep so request ground floor if you have any mobility issues!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank abbymorgan
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I was traveling with friends over New Year's Eve to Marrakech and we stayed at Riad Origines. We loved the design of the Riad; a perfect mixture between traditional elements and modern minimalism. Everything very clean and well maintained. Most importantly, the service was excellent. Adil and Said helped us with everything! They walked us to restaurants, to the suk, helped us negotiating, helped us organizing our trip to the Atlas mountains. They were there for us 24/7. Breakfast is excellent as well. And our experience in the Hammam including massage was delightful!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cloud S
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We had a really great time here. The hosts were so helpful telling us about restaurants and sights to see and the whole place is really beautifully presented with lots of personal touches. We had food there on the first night after we arrived which was excellent and Siad was on hand to guide us to the Medina so we felt really well looked after. Would definitely recommend this as a place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank bk1880
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Riad Origines is an excellent destination for a couple wanting to experience Marrakech and all its delights. Not too far from the iconic Jamaa el Fna square - taking a fascinating and confusing walk through the souqs (or a cheap taxi for the less adventurous) - the riad offers a calm, beautiful, and comfortable retreat from the madness of Marrakech.

The service is second to none. Said or Adil are always on hand to answer questions, guide you to the main attractions of the city, or book taxis/restaurants on your behalf. Within the riad, the rooms and communal areas are excellent, the food is delicious (if a little pricey), and the adornments in each room betray a quirkiness which you wouldn't find in a regular hotel. Not to mention the traditional gommage in the riad's own hammam, which is a must-have.

We couldn't have imagined a better experience than the one we received at Riad Origines; it wasn't just "a place to stay", but in fact a fulfilling and enjoyable part of our holiday in its own right.

Room Tip: The Tarbouche room, where we stayed, is smaller than some and also has no bathroom door - so is good for the most intimate of couples! Still a lovely room though, overall you can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this fantastic Riad for 4 nights from 24 - 28 September 2012. Our first time in Marrakesh so we were not sure what to expect but it was a beautiful haven of peace excelling all our expectations.The airport taxi arranged by Nadia & Chloe (owners of the Riad) dropped us in the Medina where we were met by Said accompanied by a lad with a barrow to transport our suitcases. Said led us through the alley ways to the Riad where we were welcomed by Nadia with mint tea. She gave us a most useful map, pointed out the places of interest and assured us that Said would accompany us to help us get our bearings and show us the way to Jemaa El Fna square. This, plus the fact that he gave us a card with his telephone number printed on it should we get lost, gave us the confidence to explore this fascinating old city. Our en-suite room decorated in Moroccan style was most comfortable. The Riad has a lovely plunge pool and a beautiful roof terrace. Said and Adil (who call themselves "Mr. Day" & "Mr. Night") couldn't do enough for us. They also made bookings for us at restaurants, Nothing was too much trouble for them. The food in the Riad was delicious and wine was also available. When my husband went down with "traveller's tummy" the cook made him a special soup to help with his digestion! This is a wonderful place to stay, comfortable, and a haven of peace in the busy old city. But what makes it so special is Nadia & Chloe and their staff who truly excelled in caring for us. If you want an authentic Moroccan experience do stay with them if you are going to Marrakesh!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple