“So easy, a two-year old can do it!”

Arib Voyages Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Arib Voyages is a small customer-focused Moroccan tour company specialising in trekking, desert tours, camel treks, 4 x 4 adventures, cycling and bespoke trips in all areas of Morrocco such as Marrakech, Sahara, Atlas Mountains, the Atlantic Coast and beyond. Operated by two Bedouin brothers Bachir and Mokhtar el Ammari, Arib Voyages are dedicated to promoting and continuing Bedouin culture by promising outstanding journeys through their qualified guides, mule drivers, chefs, equipment and vehicles. Marhaba!
Miami, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So easy, a two-year old can do it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

My title describes how easy Arib Voyages made it possible for my family to travel with a two (2) year old to the Sahara. I traveled with my husband, daughter and in-laws with our amazingly patient and thoughtful guide, Bachir, on a three (3) day tour to Ebi Chegaga.
Concerns I had prior to booking this trip included the comfort of the transportation and accommodations. To say the least all expectations were surpassed. We had the vehicle to ourselves (family), it was spacious enough to accommodate us all and my daughter surprisingly, never got antsy.
We later met up with Bachir's brother (Arib Voyages is family owned!..love that) and his group of travelers which followed us in and out of the desert. It was a small group which made it intimate at camp and easy on the camel ride.
If you think it sounds crazy to travel oversees with a 2-year old, and even more so to the Sahara...rest assure it can be done, and you may be pleasantly surprised at how much they'll enjoy it. I'd also like to give credit to the guides of Arib Voyages for babysitting at times and being so patient...that is with my in-laws..not my 2-year old!

1 Thank phivestarz

Wellington, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Most incredible experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

We did a 3 day tour through the Sahara. The trip was very easily organised with excellent communication through emails ore-tour.

Our tour guide Bachir was fantastic - Knowledgeable, funny and very hospitable. We felt very well taken care off from the transport, excellent food and beautiful accommodation. Had such pleasant memories that will surely last a lifetime. Will definitely be recommending Arib Voyagers to friends and family if they plan a trip to Morocco and hope that I will be back too myself!

Visited November 2012
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Super time in the Sahara”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

Had 7 days in Morocco, three day tour with Arib Voyages was the highlight. Bachir was our wonderful, friendly and very informative guide. Experienced a great variety of moroccan culture and country. Would totally recommend this company and hope to see more of the Sahara with them some time soon.

Visited November 2012
arib-voyages, Gérant at Arib Voyages Day Tours, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Thank you for choosing Arib Voyages for your travel in Morocco, and thank you for sharing your experience with the other travelers. we really enjoyed your company , and i am so happy that you had a wonderful time in Morocco and hope to see for next time very soon .
welcome to Morocco
best Regards
Jersey, United Kingdom
“Great trip, great guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

Four of us took a one day trip from Marrakech over the Tiz n'Tichka pass taking in Telouet and Ait Benhaddou.Our guide Bachir was very professional, informative and pleasant company. The scenery and places visited were amazing and we all had a thoroughly enjoyable and memorable day. Next time we will book a longer trip with Arib Voyages. We give them a five star rating which is thoroughly deserved.

Visited October 2012
We are very happy that you enjoyed your time with us , Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the other travelers , and we hope to meet you again for long trip to the sahara .
kind regards
bachir
La Tour-de-Peilz
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Once in a lifetime experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Like so many others on TripAdvisor, we had the most amazing experience with Arib Voyages and I would thoroughly recommend this to anyone.

I have never booked a guide before, but as a woman travelling with my teenage son and wanting to do something fun and adventurous in the Sahara and based on all the other great reviews here, we booked a 3 day trip with Arib Voyages. We had Bachir as our guide - and in three days he stole our hearts with his outgoing personality, his knowledge of the region and extended family (everyone in Mhamid seems to be some kind of relation of Bachir!).

My teenage son also loved the experience - I won't list it all, but included sand-boarding in the desert, camel rides, spotting camels and lizards in the desert, tea in the Kasbah at Mhamid, crossing the desert, buying dates by the roadside in the Draa Valley.

As well as being a lot of fun, Bachir was very professional and we felt as if we were in safe hands with him and his marvellous 4x4.

Some concrete tips for anyone considering going (particularly women with teenage sons)

- the further south we got, the more the women were covered up. Normally I would wear shorts and a t-shirt for any kind of sporty activity, but I wore long-sleeved shirt and long linen trousers and was very comfortable this way (especially walking around the Kasbah at Mhamid). I'll note that I was travelling in October and the temperature was in the twenties.

- I had packed my heavy mountain boots and a pair of light sandals as I wasn't sure what I'd need. In the end the sandals were good for walking around, and in the desert we went bare foot (the sand is beautifully clean - feels wonderful!).

- Was a lot of driving in three days (we went from Ouarzazate down to the Sahara and back up) and I had been concerned that my boy would be bored, but the scenery was just magnificent (punctuated by the odd camel siting) and we had lots of stops and we both loved it.

- the facilities at the desert camps were a lot more advanced than I'd been expecting. Real beds, real toilets, even a shower (don't get your hopes up too much though - you are in the middle of the desert). But as I'd been expecting nothing more than a spade I was quite surprised at how well kitted out they were! If you're fussy about sleeping in sandy sheets, you might want to bring a sleeping bag liner or something like that.

- Bachir/your guide will advise you on how much water to bring with you. I'm normally a big fan of tap water but I used bottled water consistently for drinking and teeth brushing.

- Of all the things, we had a small desert storm during our camel trip. Normally I would never go on a trip without an extra warm thing but I got caught short this time! We had also bought turbans (of course) and these proved excellent against the sand and sun.

We both loved the experience and felt like a light had gone out when Bachir left us to return to his family.

Please feel free to write if you have any other questions.

5 Thank beaulieu65