Riad Badi
$148
Travelocity
$1,058
$1,020
All reviewswonderful hostsevery morningplunge poolyogurtorientation tourroof terracethe main squareon arrivalthe hustle and bustleminute walkfrench couplerose petalschange moneya stones throwfirst morningbahia palacemoroccan tea
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here recently to celebrate a girly trip to celebrate my pre 40th Birthday and I can see why this is a top favourite on trip advisor. On entering our room , we were presented with a true Marrakech feel with beautiful little touches throughout, oh and Rose petals spread here and there adding a special touch.

Christian showed my friend and I on our first morning around the area and the souks and gave us a wealth of information on where to go and how much to pay for things which I would highly recommend, as the medina is a total warren of alleys and narrow streets. Christian nick named me La La Camilla which will always make me giggle ! ( which means princess !)

Riad Badi location is perfect, being a stone's throw from the the amazing hussle and bussle of the nearby street life and souks, yet we were blissfully unaware of any noise from outside as it was so quiet when we were back in the Riad.

I cant recommend this Riad enough. Isabelle and Christian are the nicest people you could wish for and so accommodating, nothing at all was too much trouble. They are both so welcoming and go well beyond the call of duty.

The rooms are beautifully presented with lovely fresh linen and well equipped ( including shampoo, shower gel and a hair dryer , so leave at home ) We spent some days undisturbed on the roof terrace sunbathing , anything we wanted was a mere call away.
The roof-top was great for sun-bathing; and seemed a million miles away from the bustling market streets that are right outside the door.. Not forgetting the lovely view of the storks in their nests on the rooftops above. Beautiful !

We ate breakfast every morning on the terrace, the freshly squeezed orange juice was delicious, various breads and cakes, jams yoghurt fruit etc, pastries, coffee a plenty.

I will just say that we were (and still are) impressed by the attention of Christian & Isabelle to very one of our requests, which had started with our planning a month before the trip. They helped us with reservations to the hamman spas and restaurants, and changing currency to get the best rate in Marrakech when we arrived.....You must try the following restaurants: Dejeuner Marrakech and Le Comptoir Darna. They were fabulous ! My only regret is that we didn't eat in the Riad as I have heard that the food was amazing there !

I do recommend that you choose the option to be collected to and from the airport as it makes the whole experience so much easier and hassle free. This can be organised in advance direct with Riad Badi.

All in all, I can't wait to return. I absolutely fell in love with both Christian, Isabelle & Marrakech and know there is so much more to see and do on my next visit, which will definitely be at the Raid BADI !

Please do not hesitate to stay here – you will not be disappointed !

Room Tip: The Cicognes room is perfect for people sharing a room I do recommend that you choose the option to be collected to and from the airport direct with Riad Badi Also try and eat in the Riad (they just need notice in the morning )
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Milsymoo
Isabelle J, Propriétaire at Riad Badi, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear Lala Camilla,

Thanks for choosing Riad Badi to celebrate your birthday.
Thanks a lot for writing this complete and nice review with many details.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at Riad Badi and are happy that you keep a nice souvenir of Marrakech.
Lala or princess you were always ready to visit the Medina or to explain us your discoveries or purchases while your friend took advantage of the sun to sunbathe on the terrace of the riad.

Thanks for all your compliments and why not another stay with your husband in the future.
Take care Lala Camilla.
Kind regards.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Just back from 3nights here with Christian and Isabel. They've got a beautiful riad providing bed and breakfast. The rooms are beautifully set up and decorated and Christian and Isabel are so lovely and helpful!
They offer lovely little personal touches that shows they're really considering their guests needs.
Definitely take Christian up on his tour of the souk as he'll be able to help orientate you and offer advise on eateries and also on costs of shopping.
I would definitely advise having one dinner at the riad (with notice) the food is sooo much better than any restaurant and Isabel's desserts are AMAZING!!!!
I'll definitely be going back!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Gai3Siva

Dear Ga.....
Thank you for sharing your positive comments on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us at Riad Badi Marrakech.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Riad Badi and are happy that you keep a nice souvenir of Morocco, of Marrakech and of Riad Badi.
As we usually do for our guests who discover Morocco for the first time, we have guided you in the Medina and given helpful advice.
For the dinner we tried to make you discover new flavors. We forwarded your compliments to our cooker.
Thank you again.
Kind regards.
Thank you again.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We spent only a single night at Riad Badi but enjoyed it very much. We loved the attention to detail: the subtle, exotic fragrance that welcomes you; the lanterns lit at night, making the beautiful little courtyard with plunge pool and fountain a magical space; the uniquely wonderful bath products. Breakfast on the terrace was divine. As others have noted, Christian could not have been more helpful. In addition to orienting us on our arrival, he walked us to a cab on our departure, and even helped us to buy food for lunch along the way. We thought the location was excellent--quiet and convenient. Leaving the area does, it's true, take you along a busy street that's not exactly pedestrian-friendly, but this slight disadvantage is easily outweighed by all the other pleasures and comforts of staying at Riad Badi.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susan F
Reviewed April 28, 2013

All of the reviews are spot on. This is a great Riad. Christian and Isabelle made us feel very welcome and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Riad to anyone. We stayed in the Hibiscus room, which was large, well appointed and befitted from having a very large bed.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cartw
Isabelle J, Propriétaire at Riad Badi, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience and for recommending Riad Badi to anyone.
It feels good to know you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thanks again and take care.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

My friend and have just returned from our stay at Riad Badi and we are in total agreement with all the other great reviews about this riad. Christian and Isabelle are so welcoming and helpful that we felt like we were staying with family! They were always available to answer any questions we had, help us arrange transportation, and even provided an early breakfast for us the morning we had to leave before the usual breakfast time. The location of the riad was also perfect for us. It was about a 10 minute walk from the big square which was close enough to walk to whenever we wanted but far enough away that you could relax at night without a lot of noise. The dinners that Isabelle prepares are AMAZING and so good that we ate at the riad 4 out of our 5 nights. I highly recommend trying dinner here at least once during your stay.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor in the Cigogne room and it was fine for us. The rooms do all open onto the center courtyard but we didn't experience any problems.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mkgator15

Thanks for sharing your stay at Riad badi on the website.
As we usually do we have received you as we would receive our friends or our family. We have tried to help you discover Marrakech and new flavors during the breakfasts and the dinners.
I am glad you have appreciated my desserts and I have already forwarded your compliments to our cook for rest of the meals.
It was a pleasure for us to receive you: thank you for your smiling and your joy of life....
Take care.