Villa Makassar
$593
$516
$1,058
$1,020
All reviewsclock caferoof terraceart deco hotelspa facilitiesan oasiskasbah areafull body massageatlas mountainswould highly recommend this hotelquiet streetoutdoor pooljunior suitemint tea and pastriesmain sightsboutique hotela wonderful stayhotel is beautiful
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I have just returned from a four day break in this beautiful villa. I researched the villa on the internet before I arrived and the place really is as stunning as the photographs. The owner Fouad has excellent taste and each area has been furnished to a very high standard. It is a truly peaceful haven to come back to after all the bustle of this very busy city. The staff really couldn't do enough for you and I must give special thanks to Ismael and Rabii. The food was excellent with lovely freshly cooked breakfasts. A cocktail on the roof terrace is also to be recommended!! I would certainly come back to this lovely villa. Thank you for making my stay so special.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Joanna F
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I have just returned from a short break in Marrakesh and I normally do not write reviews but this time I can't help myself as I believe that everyone should know about this gem in the middle of a busy city!
Villa Makassar has every possible comfort, beautiful and tastefully designed rooms and relaxing surroundings that made our return from the busy Medina, like walking into a man-made paradise!
It was my pleasure to meet the owner, Fouad who made our stay very special and his personal attention and care was very much appreciated.
His staff is carefully selected and I feel obliged to name Ismael and Rabii who were so nice, helpful, "VERY GOOD SINGERS" and genuinely lovely people and made our stay very special. Thank you guys!
There is no other place I would stay if I went back to the amazing Marrakesh! Highly recommended!!!

Room Tip: The rooms are all fantastic and individually designed.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I went to the Villa Makassar with my 16 year old daughter and we had a fabulous time. The hotel and staff were second to none. They looked after us so well and made the holiday spectacular. They helped us with trips and maps and told us about places to explore. The hotel is beautifully furnished and really luxurious. A real treat.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We don't usually go back to the same place let alone the same hotel but Villa Makassar in Marrakech has proved the exception and for very good reasons. Morocco is a relatively short flight to a warmer climate and our last visit in June 2013 to Villa Makassar was such a treat we decided to return this year in April. Once again we were not disappointed. The standards of service and accommodation met all our expectations and the overall atmosphere of the Riad was peaceful and relaxed despite being fully booked.

There was a change from last year but a change for the better. The new chef has introduced an extended menu adding international cuisine to the existing Moroccan dishes. We ate in the Riad's restaurant 4 times this visit and on each occasion the food was of the highest quality and beautifully presented.

As other recent reviews have stated the staff, the owner and the setting are all perfect and its location in the old part of Marrakech means it is in easy walking distance of all the historic parts of the city that visitors would want to visit. For those that want to travel further afield then the staff will make all your arrangements for you with a minimum of fuss. We went on a day trip to the Atlas Mountains and that was very special with excellent guides and booked by the Riad at a really reasonable price.

We are already thinking about our next visit.

Room Tip: All the rooms are unique, cool and quiet. If you can go for a junior suite double rather than the twin which is a little small.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roger J
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic stay! The riad, the decoration, food and service! An oasis in the middle of the buzz from the Medina. The owner, who is super nice, is the cherry on top of the cake. Recommended 100%. It was our first stay with them and definitely not the last!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple