Villa Makassar
La Maison Arabe(Marrakech)
$233
$216
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsclock caferoof terraceart deco hotelspa facilitiesan oasiskasbah areafull body massageatlas mountainswould highly recommend this hotelquiet streetoutdoor pooljunior suitemint tea and pastriesmain sightsboutique hotela wonderful stayhotel is beautiful
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Villa Makassar is a lovely hotel with an Art Deco theme. Each room is different. I had a standard room and found it very palacial. Souheil and his team couldn't do enough for my group. Everyone was so helpful and kind. The hotel is situated within a 20 minute walk to the main square. I hope to revisit it again soon.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

This Riad with it's warm friendly welcome should not be missed. We were given a very friendly welcome to our "home" for 3 nights by the Manager Souheil. This was my first trip to Morocco and I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel and the high standard of comfort and furnishings, all very art deco. My room was amazing and the hotel was calm and the staff were very attentive. A big thank you to Souheil and his team; I had the very best time.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed at Villa Makassar on my very first trip (of undoubtedly many more) to Marrakech. If there is one word to describe this hotel it would be have to be cool. Great deco, no two rooms could have been the same. I had the feeling like I was staying in a really cool friend's house. Staff is fabulous and friendly. Had a great a tour of the city with Nuhudeen (sorry if I misspelt) who knows the city inside out and taught me the secrets of an authentic tangine and a wonderful hammam scrub in the spa where the lady even washed my little chemise without any prompting which was incredibly touching. At the end of my stay the owner, Fouad, even gave me a bigger basket for my hand luggage so that Ryanair would not charge me 20 euros per kilo of excess luggage - I did not pay a penny more! Finally, being from Nigeria I was really reminded of how hospitable Africans are here - everyone makes you feel so welcome and valued. Thanks for the great experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The Villa Makassar was the perfect venue for a recent short break where a number of friends and I stayed. Just a short journey from the aiprort and located in a quiet road off the main busy routes,but still a pleasant walk to all the main sites. On arrival we were made to feel very welcome and "at home" - nothing was too much trouble. My room was beautiful,very comfortable and the bathroom exceptional, just a little more light and it would have been perfect.Breakfast was a real treat and varied each morning. Souheil the Manager and all off his staff made our visit memorable,so friendly,always had a smile for you and very professional. This Riad is definately worth a visit.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I recently stayed in Villa Makassar with a group of girlfriends, as soon as we walked into the Riad we were impressed. It was our first time to Morocco and we couldn’t have stayed in a more perfect place.

We were met by the Manager Souheil with mint tea and Moroccan pastries. The staff are welcoming and friendly. Throughout our stay the level of service was excellent, all went out of their way to ensure our stay was as comfortable as possible.

We had dinner on the first night in the hotel and the food was delicious.

Souheil organised a day tour to the High Atlas mountains and our guide Noureddine was extremely knowledgeable and an excellent guide.

Whilst at the hotel we had a traditional Hamman in the hotel spa – not to be missed.

The Villa Makassar was a beautiful peaceful place to be.

1  Thank 255MP